Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
WaLKA
AnCapaillMor
IIdoneus
wahwah
sinisterapathy
nsane32
User1
BagerX2
KingSeekerCow
RANT
Animaaal
WyrmHero
PlasticandRage
Onion Knight
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Carphil
Rynn
WandererReece
Hatsune Miku
VaDoom
BIG TIME MASTER
Juutas
barrywilkins
gmwdim
The Letter X
Hydreigon11
Mr. Tart
Serious_Much
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
BLA1NE
ErrJon6661
Longshot
37 posters

That game you love but no-one knows about/cares

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

That game you love but no-one knows about/cares - Page 2 Empty Re: That game you love but no-one knows about/cares

Post by Juutas Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:05 pm

BLA1NE wrote:@Juutas

Oh **** Arcanum! I completely forgot about that game. Was great, though! Only problem is I somehow *** my game and I could never complete it--as you say, it was buggy!

<3

If you ever gonna play it again go download the fan patches/fixes/add-ons happy whole new experience!
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

That game you love but no-one knows about/cares - Page 2 Empty Re: That game you love but no-one knows about/cares

Post by VaDoom Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Longshot wrote:

Tell me more about this BG1 remake - is it like the failure of a port to console version or is it f'real?

Fallout 2 lacks the "unforgiving wasteland" feel but definitely a fun play. Suggest you reload it. I will look into Planescape, I've always wanted to but never had the opportunity.

- For BG1, look Baldur's gate enhanced edition, I will try it soon. Reading wikipedia and some reviews, the major problem would be the price of the game, around 20$, that may be a lot considering the original one is still available at very lower price with fixes and mods.
    - I guess I'll try to reload fallout II then happy
    - Go fror Planescape, you won't regret it :!: It just as good as the BG series with a different flavor
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Okami. the fact it's the least commercially successful winner of a game of the year award says it all.
    I love that game! I've gotten a few forum friends to play it and they love it too.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:Age of Mythology: The Titans

That is so old, but I still play it with my roomate sometimes. I loved the Automations, robot people. I think they are a little overpowered. Once I time warped one of my Palaces, fortress, into the enemie's base. That was a good LOL. The deconstruct spell is also overpowered if used properly.

I think Rise of Legends is underrated. It had decent graphics, cool looking characters, and customizeable cities. There are only two problems with that game. The first is it's easy on hard mode if you know how the game works.

The second is the multiplayer doesn't work without the patch even on LAN. Big Huge Games shut down the servers, so it can no longer be patched by them or played online. Also, Microsoft is preventing other sites from making the patch downloadable, so the game is impossible to patch now.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Oh god do i love it. I always stick with Hades or Thor though. I remember playing the custom made Escape games, those were my favorites.

If ever you wanna play some AoM: TT, just send me a message as i still have it installed. happy
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:57 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Legend of Dragoon. Outside the most nerdy circles this game is in complete obscurity, especially in europe where it probably didn't sell even 10,000 copies.
    HARPOON!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Legend of Dragoon. Outside the most nerdy circles this game is in complete obscurity, especially in europe where it probably didn't sell even 10,000 copies.
    HARPOON!

Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:13 pm

VaDoom wrote:
    Longshot wrote:

Tell me more about this BG1 remake - is it like the failure of a port to console version or is it f'real?

Fallout 2 lacks the "unforgiving wasteland" feel but definitely a fun play. Suggest you reload it. I will look into Planescape, I've always wanted to but never had the opportunity.

- For BG1, look Baldur's gate enhanced edition, I will try it soon. Reading wikipedia and some reviews, the major problem would be the price of the game, around 20$, that may be a lot considering the original one is still available at very lower price with fixes and mods.
    - I guess I'll try to reload fallout II then happy
    - Go fror Planescape, you won't regret it :!: It just as good as the BG series with a different flavor

HOLY **** - it's on iPad/Android!!!

That game you love but no-one knows about/cares - Page 2 3207319737 That game you love but no-one knows about/cares - Page 2 3207319737 That game you love but no-one knows about/cares - Page 2 3207319737
    all these old-school games, especially the side-scrollers and isometric RPGs are choice candidates for touchscreens. honestly, i wanted to see fallout I/II on touchscreens, the stop/go action makes it perfect for touchscreens.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:47 pm

legend of dragoon (im missing disc 3 some how... 😢)
    Earth defense force 2017 (i may have messed up the title, basically think every bmovie monster flick you've seen and you get to shoot it with lots of stuff, only shooter i've enjoyed, not sure why.)

soul reaver/legacy of kain series. so little love nowadays...
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:Oh god do i love it. I always stick with Hades or Thor though. I remember playing the custom made Escape games, those were my favorites.

If ever you wanna play some AoM: TT, just send me a message as i still have it installed. happy

I may love the Automatons, but my favorite goddess is actualy Isis. It's because she has a good minor god selection.

Have you ever tried the cheats? There are some really fun ones: chicken meteor and walking berry bushes god powers, flying purple hippo, fork boy, and lazer bear. The chicken meteor is my favorite. It makes chickens fall from the sky, and then they explode.

Civ City Rome is somewhat underappreciated. Both campaigns get repetitive really quick, but it's fun to build a big city almost however you want. You can do land and sea trade, make lots of gardens and statues, and make arena fights and circus races.

Sins of a Solar Empire is probably the most underappreciated game I know. It's a real time strategy in space. The graphics and music are great. People on the internet claim the music in the game is underapreciated. The only problem with the game is it's slooow. It takes a full minute to make one capital ship on fast mode. Also, always play the game on fast mode.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Sparkly, the first Soul Reaver was compelling for sure and overall I still consider it (and Legacy of Kain) to be a good series but nothing captured the atmosphere of Blood Omen.

Despite the story line, for the record.....I was rooting for Malek. I love me some Malek
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:21 pm

-Resonance of Fate.
    -Red Orchestra 1 and 2.
    -Stronghold.
    -Empire Earth II.
    -Mount and Blade: Warband.
    -Vagrant Story.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:37 pm

^ I didn't like stronghold. I don't like it not because it's hard, but because it has issues.

Empire Earth II is great. The priest are really overpowered. Unfortunately, the third game failed.

Also, Reckoning is underapreciated. The story's crap, the graphics could be better, the game is easy on "hard" mode, but the controls and combat system are great. Everyone complains about the combat system and controls, but honestly those are better than some other games that I've played.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:43 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:Oh god do i love it. I always stick with Hades or Thor though. I remember playing the custom made Escape games, those were my favorites.

I may love the Automatons, but my favorite goddess is actualy Isis. It's because she has a good minor god selection.

Have you ever tried the cheats? There are some really fun ones: chicken meteor and walking berry bushes god powers, flying purple hippo, fork boy, and lazer bear. The chicken meteor is my favorite. It makes chickens fall from the sky, and then they explode.

I have indeed tried them all. It was quite a couple of years since i played AoM: TT properly, but i do remember one a certain occasion i finished off one mission on campaign using flying purple hippos and lazer bears... Good times.

Did you ever play any of the custom made games that were hosted online, such as the one i mentioned earlier; Escape? Out of curiousity, what was your account name? We may just have met eachother if you spent a lot of time on the online servers.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:28 pm

I was gonna say Mount and Blade games, but I think they have a pretty significant following.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Longshot wrote:
    Siren: Blood Curse - PS3 exclusive, US players can only DL this game from the PS Store. A re-make of the original Siren, this is survival horror, not that crap Silent Hill or RE claims to be now a days. Broken into chapters with different characters, one of them makes you play a scared little girl in a dark hospital full of monsters. Great horror game.

I'm always recommending Siren. Even on these forums. Nobody ever listens, but I'm still always recommending it. It's most likely the hardest video game I've ever played. So rewarding though. Nothing quite like finally figuring out one of those impossible levels and then pulling it off smoothly.

I just bought Fallout Tactics off steam for 3 bones last night. I'm really enjoying it. I doubt anyone cares about that game.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:19 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:It's most likely the hardest video game I've ever played. So rewarding though. Nothing quite like finally figuring out one of those impossible levels and then pulling it off smoothly.
    I wouldn't say it's the hardest game I've played, but that made me think of the PSP game I'm playing right now: Prinny - Can I really be the Hero? It's a platformer, but because of the way the controls are made it becomes almost a puzzle game! It's pretty much impossible to beat a level on the first try (other than the really easy ones) because everything moves so much faster than you do, so you have to learn their patterns until you can finally perfectly thread your way through to the next checkpoint. The bosses, especially, need a lot of trial and error. Sometimes, though, it goes beyond the point of being rewarding, where you're just thinking "FFS this is ridiculous--finally I got through!" But most of the time you'll get a great sense of accomplishment out of it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:21 pm

^ Yeah, there's definitely a level of frustration where it stops being entertaining or at all worth it. So many old school NES games could claim the hell out of that.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Yeah, it's very much like a NES game that way. It's also kind of funny that the game starts you with 999 lives--practically inexhaustible. And then you end up using them to count down how many times you died in a particular segment. You can do the levels in any order you like, but they get tweaked depending on the order you do them in and become harder the longer you put them off. So once I'd figured that out, I did the hardest level next. In the first 3 (or 4, I forget) levels I died 9 times. In the next level, the hardest level in its 3rd hardest variant, I died 147 times in the last 2 checkpoints and the boss alone! Then I did the second level in its second hardest variant afterwards, died 4 times all-told!
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:28 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Longshot wrote:
    Siren: Blood Curse - PS3 exclusive, US players can only DL this game from the PS Store. A re-make of the original Siren, this is survival horror, not that crap Silent Hill or RE claims to be now a days. Broken into chapters with different characters, one of them makes you play a scared little girl in a dark hospital full of monsters. Great horror game.

I'm always recommending Siren. Even on these forums. Nobody ever listens, but I'm still always recommending it. It's most likely the hardest video game I've ever played. So rewarding though. Nothing quite like finally figuring out one of those impossible levels and then pulling it off smoothly.

I just bought Fallout Tactics off steam for 3 bones last night. I'm really enjoying it. I doubt anyone cares about that game.
    When I first played as the little girl in the hospital I was like That game you love but no-one knows about/cares - Page 2 1330857165 fml.

Is fallout tactics that good? I either hear it's god's gift to man or utter piss pile vomit ****.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:41 pm

Well I've only played through the first mission, which I've read is a little slow, because it's teaching you game mechanics, so it's not a very good representation of the pace of the rest of the game, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I'm a huge fan of the srpg genre though, so I'm kinda biased. If you liked either Fallout 1 or 2, or like strategy rpgs, than I'd say give it a shot. For $3.50 you can't really go that wrong.

The combat system is a lot like Fallout 2, except much more based in strategy. You really have to think before you do things, and screwing up can be painful because once one of your characters dies they're gone for good, and, depending on what setting you play on, you really have to think on your feet. I like all those things, so it's good for me.

There's also very little emphasis on plot, or the kind of NPC interaction and questing you'd normally expect from the Fallout franchise. Pretty much all the focus is on the combat, so if you're looking for a regular Fallout game, you'd probably be better suited looking somewhere else, like Fallout 2, which incidentally is awesome IMO, but if you're looking for some heavily strategic combat, and character customization, then I say take a chance.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Digimon World sad
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Asterix and Obelesk kick Buttox.
    Halo ODST (like, really, completing it, on the highest difficulty)
    Drakengard 1 and 2.
    Most importantly:
    Star Ocean the Second Story.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Gladius
    Publisher: Lucas Arts
    Console: PS2
    Description: Turn based strategy rpg game set in "Roman" Empire. Made me feel like I was playing chess, but with customizable pieces that had cool movesets. The chess game they played in the movie Star Wars comes to mind, but not sci-fi.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Let the wookie win. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dejarik

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:32 am