Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
WaLKA
AnCapaillMor
IIdoneus
wahwah
sinisterapathy
nsane32
User1
BagerX2
KingSeekerCow
RANT
Animaaal
WyrmHero
PlasticandRage
Onion Knight
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Carphil
Rynn
WandererReece
Hatsune Miku
VaDoom
BIG TIME MASTER
Juutas
barrywilkins
gmwdim
The Letter X
Hydreigon11
Mr. Tart
Serious_Much
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
BLA1NE
ErrJon6661
Longshot
37 posters

That game you love but no-one knows about/cares

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

That game you love but no-one knows about/cares - Page 3 Empty Re: That game you love but no-one knows about/cares

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:41 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Digimon World sad

Someone else actually enjoyed these hahaha. I'm working on finally beating the game. I had it when I was like 11 and didn't understand haha.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

That game you love but no-one knows about/cares - Page 3 Empty Re: That game you love but no-one knows about/cares

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:00 pm

I had Gladius. It was pretty darn fun. Your description is accurate too. I think I got it clearance at Toys R Us for less than five dollars
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:07 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Digimon World sad

Number 4 was the only one I played, but I enjoyed it immensely while playing it with friends.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:Did you ever play any of the custom made games that were hosted online, such as the one i mentioned earlier; Escape? Out of curiousity, what was your account name? We may just have met eachother if you spent a lot of time on the online servers.

I've never played it online, but I wouldn't mind hooking up with you sometime on the weekend for a play date.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Aw, that's a real shame. There were some amazing custom made maps before. There isn't a lot of activity on the servers anymore, as is to expect. The activity you may find are usually just regularly hosted games too.

I don't wanna derail the topic or anything, but the escape game mode was quite fun. If i remember correctly, you were 6 players, 2 of which had temples that they could create several monsters with. The other 4 were the survivors; having regular farmers to build walls and towers, and in some later versions those teleporting buildings from The Titans. It was a very fun mode. In fact, i made quite a lot of Escape maps myself.

Anyway, like i said, send me a message if you wanna play sometime; i'd love to see if i've still got it. silly

Note: There may still be some custom made gamemods to be found online as i played an Escape game a couple of months ago.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:21 pm

-Jade cocoon back on ps1, that game is one one my fave of all time
    -monster hunter series
    -suikoden series

Will get back to you.
    KingSeekerCow
    KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by KingSeekerCow Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:34 am

Digimon World 1/3(I hated 2.)
    Age Empires(I-II/Conqueror Expansion.)
    Star Wars;Knights of the Old Republic Sith Lords.
    Tropico 3
    Primal Rage
    And.........BattleToads!!!!!!!!
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:00 am

KingSeekerCow wrote:
    And.........BattleToads!!!!!!!!

happy big grin lol :affraid: Joy ...

... :Baal02:
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:09 am

Frogger 3D(The old one, not the one released for the ?3DS?)

I remember playing it as a kid, and while it lacked a story and music i believe as well... it was still a fun and memorable game.

Last edited by Mr. Tart on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:58 am

Chrome Hounds. I played that game from launch until the server shut down. The more realistic style robot fighting and strategy combined with its customization features made it spectacular. That game was like crack to me. To bad I will never get another.
    Other than chrome hounds .hack. I would love a new .hack game. If not new one a HD version or just a re-release of it on psn.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:53 am

Animaaal wrote:Gladius
    Publisher: Lucas Arts
    Console: PS2
    Description: Turn based strategy rpg game set in "Roman" Empire. Made me feel like I was playing chess, but with customizable pieces that had cool movesets. The chess game they played in the movie Star Wars comes to mind, but not sci-fi.
    Javelin Throwers are Overpowered please nerf.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Homeworld - Oh how could I forget this gem? This game won numerous awards but never really reached widespread reception. Beautiful atmosphere, extremely sad tale of one species' fight for survival, makes you feel like you're helplessly drifting through space, losing countless friends along the way. Beautiful, despair and struggle to survive thumbs up this title.

You command a small fleet, the last of your people, and have to fight a much stronger galactic empire hellbent on snuffing you out. You mine asteroids and derelicts to increase your fleet or capture/salvage enemy ones. Along the way you unravel the mysteries of your origin.

Aw hell yeah, this game was the shiznit - HW1 didn't have a stupid fleet cap like HW2 so you could play the pirate and hijack ALL of your enemy's capital ships. My fleet composition is like 3% mine and 97% captured ships. <3 salvage corvettes (aka pirates). Towards the end game I would be so loaded with frigates and capital ships it's hard to put them in formation. Something like 5~6 battleships, 3 carriers, 50+ frigates just wrecks anyone's day. Such a satisfying game.

*EDIT*

HW2 is an excellent sequel; didn't mean to downplay it. Played tons of it, I just didn't like the fleet cap. HW2 has much needed graphic and gameplay update. Here's a HW1 screenshot to show how awesome it is. Very little HUD, subtle music and the 80's style SF spaceship designs... wonderful.

That game you love but no-one knows about/cares - Page 3 Homewo13
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:24 am

Rynn wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Gladius
    Publisher: Lucas Arts
    Console: PS2
    Description: Turn based strategy rpg game set in "Roman" Empire. Made me feel like I was playing chess, but with customizable pieces that had cool movesets. The chess game they played in the movie Star Wars comes to mind, but not sci-fi.
    Javelin Throwers are Overpowered please nerf.

So true, so true lol.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Get Javalin Throwers and heavy Centurion Guys. equip the Centurions with spears.
    You now can win 75% of all leagues with minimal thinking.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:04 pm

[b][u] Dwarf Fortress.

A game which was made on the PC only during the 1990's, which had keyboard only controls, and had a huge amount of things to do. You had to manage your health, your current status, factions, allies and enemies, and you could do separate questlines for each one. You were underground for the most part, and there was a massive diversity of places to go, and people to meet and talk with. At the start, you could choose your own origins, story, age, race, location you came from, and your own name.

Rouge Survivor

Another game very similar to Dwarf Fortress, only survival is more the key objective than questing. The world is a ruined, apocalyptic place, and you are left in a city, to scavenge and search for supplies to survive. You had meters to monitor at all times. Hunger, thirst, sanity and sleep deprivation. If any of these got too high, or too low, very bad consequences could happen. If your sanity ran low, you would hallucinate and have bad dreams, preventing good sleep, and causing deprivation in turn, which made your movement and actions slower, and in extreme cases, fall asleep in mid travel, where other survivors would take all of your stuff. You could explore places like office buildings, supermarkets for food and drink, hosptials for first aid and pills, each one made a statistic less threatening, for example, orange pills increased sanity.

My overall review for both of these is, incredably hard and time- taking games, both of them have loads to do, both have a lot of depth, both are very hard, and both are very rewarding, if you take your time with them.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:25 pm

DOOM
    Icewind Dale
    Thief
    DOOM started well the FPS game
    Icewind Dale/Baldurs Gate these started RPG games
    Thief started stealth games

and no one remembers them (dang black ops and stupid kid who arnt old enough to play it)
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Rynn wrote:Get Javalin Throwers and heavy Centurion Guys. equip the Centurions with spears.
    You now can win 75% of all leagues with minimal thinking.

Effective for sure. Not many people know about that game, or at least in any depth, I'm impressed. 8)

I liked the wolf packs. It was long and drawn out, but once you got 3 of them leveled up correctly they were hard to counter....unless your "thrower" killed them before lol.

***EDIT***

Oh yeah, Jade Empire
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Wolf Packs were feirce of course, but while fun to work with it wasn't as awesome as the purely devestating DPS of centurions and javelin throwers. Archers were also awesome but didn't output the same DPS.

Channelers were *** annoying: Watch the screen for 15 minutes straight while they steal attunement from each other.

Treasure leagues were disappointing. Join one and just steal all the treasure boxes. Even if you lose you have more money then when you started.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:02 am

Rynn wrote:...Watch the screen for 15 minutes straight while they steal attunement from each other...

lol! I forgot all about that.

I play disc golf, so throwing the Murmillo shields over my "dogs" was my thing. Plus there was that cool a$$ sword you got in that side mission.

But ya the throwers were op'd as hell. Cometo think of it, weren't they called piscas?

***EDIT***

nvm, peltast.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:04 pm

Star Wars: Phantom Menace was surprisingly good 3rd person shooter (lightsaber) for its time. You played a plethora of characters and all the locations in the movie, really good fun.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:07 pm

O yes and Too Human is a great game once you get past the camera
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Agreed. You also had to get over the ****** controls.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Body Harvest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyJaaYoWPPw

IDK If people know about it or not but it was awesome back in the day.
    wahwah
    wahwah
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wahwah Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:33 pm

tibia, an old pc mmorpg big grin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmh-PFh_W0Y
    IIdoneus
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Rock of Ages

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:38 am