Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
WaLKA
AnCapaillMor
IIdoneus
wahwah
sinisterapathy
nsane32
User1
BagerX2
KingSeekerCow
RANT
Animaaal
WyrmHero
PlasticandRage
Onion Knight
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Carphil
Rynn
WandererReece
Hatsune Miku
VaDoom
BIG TIME MASTER
Juutas
barrywilkins
gmwdim
The Letter X
Hydreigon11
Mr. Tart
Serious_Much
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
BLA1NE
ErrJon6661
Longshot
37 posters

That game you love but no-one knows about/cares

AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

That game you love but no-one knows about/cares - Page 4 Empty Re: That game you love but no-one knows about/cares

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:40 am

Longshot wrote:Homeworld - Oh how could I forget this gem? This game won numerous awards but never really reached widespread reception. Beautiful atmosphere, extremely sad tale of one species' fight for survival, makes you feel like you're helplessly drifting through space, losing countless friends along the way. Beautiful, despair and struggle to survive thumbs up this title.
    That game you love but no-one knows about/cares - Page 4 Homewo13

yeah great game, played 1 a bit but played alot of HW2 there was some fantastic mods out, in particular the starwars rebellion mod.

Have you tried sins of a solar empire? Kinda similar without the 3-D aspect but again some great mods and great space battles.

As games i like that got a bad rep,The nolan north prince of persia, loved it, gutted there was no sequel, i know they got away from the POP basics but it rivals drakes in story telling and character acting.

Prince of persia warrior within, everyone i know dislikes it but i think gameplaywise it was the best of the lot. I'd like the idea of time changing area's to be incorporated in Souls 2, as in each level have a past and a present version, where enemies change and the terrain changes with the time jump.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

That game you love but no-one knows about/cares - Page 4 Empty Re: That game you love but no-one knows about/cares

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:41 am

I need to put in some fighting games i reminisced upon whilst in said thread.

Battle Arena Toshinden 3
    Psychic Force 2

Both fun as hell fighting games, noone gives any **** about them since they are pretty much unknown outside of japan silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:50 am

Kid Chameleon anyone?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:06 pm

what about croc?

Croc anyone? though i had number 2.... really wanna play the first
    WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by WaLKA Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Demon's Crest for the Super Nintendo.

Played the hell out of it growing up.

I remember drakengaurd, too. Never unlocked the true ending though, I don't think.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:23 pm

WaLKA wrote:Demon's Crest for the Super Nintendo.

I remember drakengaurd, too. Never unlocked the true ending though, I don't think.

Demon's Crest is awesome. I still play that on my PC occasionally. One of the better SNES action/adventure games. On the same level as Super Metroid for me.
    WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by WaLKA Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:06 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:

Demon's Crest is awesome. I still play that on my PC occasionally. One of the better SNES action/adventure games. On the same level as Super Metroid for me.
    THANK YOU.

It's been a while since I've seen anyone that played the game. Most just scratch their head when I mention it. silly
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Wu Tang Shaolin Style

Kinda cheezy theme, but awesome fighting game.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Baldur's Gate? My friend used to play that.
    (His Forum name is Chen. He mostly stalks my post, so you won't see much to him)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:06 pm

extermination and rygar are so underrated too, i wish i could play them again.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:27 pm

WaLKA wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

THANK YOU.

It's been a while since I've seen anyone that played the game. Most just scratch their head when I mention it. silly

I don't think it was advertised very well, so nobodies ever heard of it. I was reading somebodies top 10 SNES games list not too long ago, and they listed it and were saying something about that. I don't remember ever hearing about it when I actually had an SNES. Didn't discover it until much later when I was playing on PC.

Firebrand is an awesome character though. He makes cameos in all kinds of Capcom games. I was just playing him in SNK vs Capcom the other day.
    excessivegamer
    excessivegamer

Post by excessivegamer Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:44 pm

One of my most favorite games of the ps3 era is White Knight Chronicles and its predecessor Wkc2. Here in the NA and EU it only had a small cult following but in Japan it was a big success. Unfortuantly to its high learning curve, heavy grinding, and unsupportive publisher the game didnt have a large community of players.

But the gmae had many qualities that were overwhelmingly good. It included a forum inside the game along with a vast online multiplayer that was the meat of the game but could only be fully accessed after beating the storyline. Hours of gameplay and an online guild system.

I spent 6500 hours over 2 years playing those games plat'ed both and created my own guild that eventually made it to the top ten and had over 200 members. I loved thosed games the people I met and the things we did together will forever be apart of my life and I will never forget them.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:57 am

Def Jam Fight for New York.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:21 am

I actually liked that game too. I'm not really into the whole hip hop scene at all, but the game was fun. I liked the first one too. Any game where you can kick Flavor Flav's a** is fine by me. I heard the PS3 sequel was really bad though. I never checked it out myself.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:38 am

'Rygar-The Legendary Adventure', PS2. Which I still believe was the inspiration for the 'God of War' games, except Rygar was a real hero, unlike the horrible Kratos. The game itself looked really beautiful too and had some really memorable bosses like Typhon, a kind of tentacled monster with babies heads on the end of each tentacle. I used to mute the sound of their crying because it freaked me out.
    'Deadly Premonition' on XBox 360. As weird as it was wonderful.
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:18 am

8 bit games a go go
    Dizzy
    Super Hydlide
    Spellcaster
    Miracle Warriors
    Golvellius
    Wonderboy dragons trap
    Shinobi
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Oh....8 bit huh?

Yo Noid!

I used to own the Pizza eating contests
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:12 pm

16 bit. Kid Chameleon was one of my favs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:07 pm