Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
AnCapaillMor
Ostrava34
Muker
Serious_Much
NPCWhiteMage
IV_Mark_VI
Nybbles
Emergence
Sentiel
almiant
densetsushun
mugenis4real
lalliman
Doelker
BIG TIME MASTER
skarekrow13
Zephryl
User1
Hue
Jester's Tears
WandererReece
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
27 posters

Ask questions related to the Souls Series

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Ask questions related to the Souls Series - Page 3 Empty Re: Ask questions related to the Souls Series

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:54 pm

This wiki says 62,

other wiki says 61,

Emergence is guessing 65 I believe.

If you're busy doing other stuff I understand.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Ask questions related to the Souls Series - Page 3 Empty Re: Ask questions related to the Souls Series

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Yep, we're currently working on it. Some *sshole keeps invading us, but we're working on it.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:22 pm

At 61, BF staggers. At 62 poise, i did not get staggered.

Note: GC seems to be able to break guard, while BF does not.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:Note: GC seems to be able to break guard, while BF does not.

that's interesting, i was using black flame instead of great combustion because i thought it was better at breaking poise and breaking guard.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:32 pm

question: is there a way for invaders to pull mobs? i've heard that the skull lantern will pull mobs and i assumed that alluring skulls would as well, but i haven't had any luck with either. perhaps someone better than i could give it a shot?

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Someone might be able to answer that one differently but I've tried a few things in the forest to little success. It's been a long time but I don't recall alluring skulls working at all. The closest thing to pulling them I've seen is prepping mobs, like getting the trees to come out of the ground. I do recommend doing that for Forest Hunters by the way. That jump animation and setting of the tree takes a second or two that could be spent chasing someone.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Nybbles wrote:

that's interesting, i was using black flame instead of great combustion because i thought it was better at breaking poise and breaking guard.

Well, technically, it still is, as it requires your enemy to have more poise. GC is more effective against a turtle with low poise though.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:43 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Someone might be able to answer that one differently but I've tried a few things in the forest to little success. It's been a long time but I don't recall alluring skulls working at all. The closest thing to pulling them I've seen is prepping mobs, like getting the trees to come out of the ground. I do recommend doing that for Forest Hunters by the way. That jump animation and setting of the tree takes a second or two that could be spent chasing someone.

if i spawn close to the demonic shrubbery, i run over them to get them to jump out of the ground. those evil shrubs prove to be more of a nuisance for the host than the NPCs or even the mushrooms in my experience, especially if there are 5 or 7 of them at once.

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:44 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:
    Nybbles wrote:

Well, technically, it still is, as it requires your enemy to have more poise. GC is more effective against a turtle with low poise though.

good to know, thanks
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:44 pm

A question I have is, which is the best boss soul weapon? For what build is it best suited for? And what is an appropriate way to use it?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:49 pm

I can't tell you which the best is, but I can tell you that in my experience, DSS is underwhelming.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:A question I have is, which is the best boss soul weapon? For what build is it best suited for? And what is an appropriate way to use it?

That question is impossible to answer IMO. The best boss weapon is the boss weapon you're best at using.

IMO it's the Abyss Greatsword. It provides great damage, good range and a nice moveset. The one-handed strong attack is great for when enemy is standing up again(ex. when backstabbing).

Edit: If i remember correctly, i think it multiplied with Humanity too.

Last edited by Mr. Tart on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:52 pm

From my experience (but I agree with Tart), the Lifehunt Scythe is the best Dex boss weapon for a range of activities. You can VERY easily farm harpies for souvenirs with this and a bow. It takes down a good amount of bosses insanely fast with high damage and high bleed. Separate from the bleed, it hits hard on just about everything and the moveset is versatile as all get out, despite it being considered a one trick pony
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:At 61, BF staggers. At 62 poise, i did not get staggered.

Note: GC seems to be able to break guard, while BF does not.

Thank you. It is now official.

Black Flame = 62 (just like this wiki says)
    Great Combustion = 41
    *breakpoints are 62 and 41, poise damage is 61 and 40.

Thanks Tart.

Regarding breaking guard...

Could it be from using a shield with low fire damage reduction? If I recall correctly, you stagger once stamina is depleted. Since Black Flame has a physical damage fire damage split, maybe performs better against shields with low physical damage reduction?

I recall Black Flame eating away at stamina a lot better than GC though.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:36 pm

I break guards with BF all the time, it's one of the reason why I use it. How come you didn't notice it's guard break effect?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Sentiel wrote:I break guards with BF all the time, it's one of the reason why I use it. How come you didn't notice it's guard break effect?

We used it several times with no guard being broken at all. Even when using low poise.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:48 pm

What is the point of this thread? Almost all questions on this forum is dark souls related. Putting them in one megathread just makes it hard to find anything. Smaller posts, well labelled, would help others out.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:24 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:What is the point of this thread? Almost all questions on this forum is dark souls related. Putting them in one megathread just makes it hard to find anything. Smaller posts, well labelled, would help others out.

The point of this thread is to avoid making topics for single questions.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:42 pm

OBJECTION! Check out Off-Topic to see my recent mass of separate topics.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:42 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:OBJECTION! Check out Off-Topic to see my recent mass of separate topics.

Look Skyward
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:02 pm

So, it's better to read through a thread that will grow to 40+ pages and have the same question asked multiple times than to just put the question in the header and use the search function...?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:04 pm

Yes, because every single member of this forum uses it. It's quite easy to tell a lot of people miss out on that with all the repeated questions made. This topic is here so you can ask right away and get an easy and simple reply. If you don't like it, they stay out of the topic.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:04 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:So, it's better to read through a thread that will grow to 40+ pages and have the same question asked multiple times than to just put the question in the header and use the search function...?

Pretty....Much...
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:10 pm

I'm just pointing out: search function.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:20 pm

The search function has been pointed out several times before though. Even still, topics are repeated, as to be expected. I'm just offering an alternate route. Even in this topic, questions can still be repeated. You don't have to read through every page, you can just ask. The idea behind it was just to save some space for topics for single questions, so that you could much more easily find topics that has nothing to do with questions, but rather discussions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:06 pm