Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Gol
sceltus
6 posters

Hypermode sorcerer build.

sceltus

Hypermode sorcerer build. Empty Hypermode sorcerer build.

Post by sceltus Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:05 pm

Hello all,

I've been doing some PvP lately and got sick of seeing just the same classes all the time. And to be honest, mine aren't that original either. So I started thinking and came up with the following unconventional PvP build'; a cursed hypermode spirit of vengeance sorcerer. Let me know what you think about it and what you think I could improve.

Stats:
    Vitality:
    Attunement: 28/34
    Endurance: 8
    Strength: 9
    Dexterity: 45
    Resistance: 8
    Intelligence: 50
    Faith: 8
    Soul Lvl: 85

Equipment:
    RH1: Tin Crystallization Catalyst, RH2: Unupgraded Pyromancy flame.
    LH1: Sanctus
    Armor: Crown of Dusk only
    Rings: Red Tearstone Ring, Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring.

Spells:
    Power Within and all damaging sorceries.

Active Effects:
    Cursed, giving a Total HP of 261.

The tactic:
    First you get your health to below 20%. You are cursed, so are always hollow, making the blue eye Orb the only way to invade.

When you invade you activate Power within. Which will do 2,6 damage per second. You equip sanctus, which heals 1 per second. This will make sure you don't die to quickly by health lose of power within.

You only have about 50 hp, so can't hit. Now you just throw crystal soul spears which are casts quite fast, because of your high dex. They will do 302% damage, because of all your damage buffs. Hit the enemy once, and he will most likely die. Victory!

So, what do you guys think?
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Hypermode sorcerer build. Empty Re: Hypermode sorcerer build.

Post by Gol Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:10 pm

It's original only because you're cursed but... what's the point ?
    The "hypermode mage" is not original and the curse is useless, I mean... wtf ?

If you want to play it, then play it but I'm the type of guy who likes to have fun, OS my opponent with CSS is not "fun", so.. what do I think ?

I think it's useless.
    But I also think that everybody has the right to do what he wants so do it, why do you need other's opinions ?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Try again, remove the curse
    sceltus

Post by sceltus Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:18 pm

The curse actually has a purpose. With only 20 % health you will almost always die in one hit, even with a lot of vitality. Also with only 20 % health, power within kills you in 20 seconds. Your enemy only needs to run for a bit and you die. By being cursed the health lose by power within is lessened, and the health gain by sanctus can now actually slow it down. Being cursed raises my available time by 200%, from 20 seconds to about 40 seconds.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:26 pm

nice statistics, but they do only need to kite you around and what if it turns into a game of hide and seek with chameleon spell?
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:29 pm

sceltus wrote:The curse actually has a purpose. With only 20 % health you will almost always die in one hit, even with a lot of vitality. Also with only 20 % health, power within kills you in 20 seconds. Your enemy only needs to run for a bit and you die. By being cursed the health lose by power within is lessened, and the health gain by sanctus can now actually slow it down. Being cursed raises my available time by 200%, from 20 seconds to about 40 seconds.

I like it. Bear in mind that you can be cursed multiple times (curses stack), so you might even be able to achieve power within/sanctus equilibrium. However, are you sure that you can blue orb when you're cursed? I know you can blue orb when you're hollow, but I wonder whether curses mess that up.

In addition to that comment, I would consider placing the unupgraded flame in LH2 and placing a maxed pyro in RH2. Super-hyper combustion would really hurt.
    sceltus

Post by sceltus Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Can cursed be stacked? I remember reading somewhere the new patch changed that. But if it's possible I would even be able to live for about 75 seconds, and I guess if both me and my opponent haven't hit the other once by then it would we really weird.
    And good idea, great combustion is a lot faster then CSP, and is much harder to dodge. But I can't really afford to get close. And do you think a 300 % damage great combustion is a OS?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:38 pm

i wanna see someone one shot the four kings with this! big grin
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:46 pm

sceltus wrote:Can cursed be stacked? I remember reading somewhere the new patch changed that. But if it's possible I would even be able to live for about 75 seconds, and I guess if both me and my opponent haven't hit the other once by then it would we really weird.
    And good idea, great combustion is a lot faster then CSP, and is much harder to dodge. But I can't really afford to get close. And do you think a 300 % damage great combustion is a OS?

At SL85, a lot of people will likely be one shotted by a 300% great combustion with a maxed out pyro hand. If you go up to 120, then probably not. If I were you, my strategy would be to shoot CSS from a distance, backpedal and activate HCSM as they approach, and then quickly switch to pyro/hand combustion while lurching forward just as they enter range. The pyro hand will also be useful in dealing with people who use GMB (full disclosure: I am one such person, and I would love to face a pure magic glass cannon).

Re: curses, you might be right about the patch. I honestly don't remember.
    sceltus

Post by sceltus Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm more afraid the four kings will one shot me silly With only 8 vitality and almost no armor, I think I will be having a hard time Killing some of the bosses. But I think I will try making this build tomorrow.

And good point about the GMB. I think with the right playstyle, combining Pyro and sorcery, I should be able to win at least a few battles before I get sick of being OSed myseld silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:28 pm

if you go up against someone with some sort of bow youre screwed.
    sceltus

Post by sceltus Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:37 pm

If they realize it, then I'm screwed :p. I'm even screwed against people with throwing knives. But I'm just hoping nobody uses those 8)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:40 pm

i always have my trusty heavy crossbow as my second weapon for stuff like people running away and pw, and people can see your health dude so they'll know, you can get poison or toxic and you're gonna go bye bye in 5 secs.
    sceltus

Post by sceltus Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:13 pm

They can see my health. But they won't know I only have 50 hp. 20% could be Up to 400 hp. So people won't immediately take out their bow, and then I (hopefully) OS them. And I know this won;t be a foolproof build (far from it), but I thin it will be a cool alternative to my normal pvp.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 pm

one shot from the avelyn does around 400 but it depends o n what youre wearing but yeah, its fun knowing youre gonnna die in one hit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:47 am