Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
EverlastingRat
Scurrilous Straggler
KeeperOfThe7Keys
Cynic
Liudeius
Werdax
VMatrixX
twilightwarwolf
Dibsville
Slarg232
swordiris
Sir Mandred
DE5PA1R
samster628
Animaaal
FattyOfDoom
Deathsitexxi
Hugh_G_Johnson
Ashran
Shkar
DoughGuy
Mauvais
Acarnatia
Hue
Orango19
GrinTwist
skarekrow13
Demon Slayer
BeeSeaEss
Rynn
EarthScraper
35 posters

a horrific realization

EarthScraper
    EarthScraper
    Addicted
    Addicted

a horrific realization Empty a horrific realization

Post by EarthScraper Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Today i killed the Bed of Chaos after my 5th damn attempt, and noticed something...horrific. to kill the bed of chaos, you need to go down a tunnel to get to the weak point, fair enough. but i looked closer (really wish i didn't), and noticed that the 'weak point' is a small, living thing. the tunnel, you go down is the, well, uterus of a women, and the little creature is a fetus of a chaos demon. The bed of chaos is the source of all demons, a.k.a The Mother

You abort a baby. Please say i'm wrong
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

a horrific realization Empty Re: a horrific realization

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:49 pm

I think you're looking into things too deeply.
    EarthScraper
    EarthScraper
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EarthScraper Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:00 pm

i think i need help
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Oh Gosh, yes ik what you're talking about. It's really creepy. :suspect:
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:21 pm

so i have been killing a fetus?

i feel bad sad sad sad
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:32 pm

It's more likely the transformed Witch but that is a creepy theory. On par with plague and skelly babies
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 pm

I don't think that's the case, I don't think it would make much sense that BoC would die if you killed it's fetus, it would suffer damage of course but it wouldn't die automatically. If anything what you hit is an oddly shaped heart.
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:05 am

What if the soul the Witch used was the soul of the fetus inside her womb?
    She wanted to create a new Flame inside herself, to make her power limitless and greater than the other Lords.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:07 am

EarthScraper wrote:Today i killed the Bed of Chaos after my 5th damn attempt, and noticed something...horrific. to kill the bed of chaos, you need to go down a tunnel to get to the weak point, fair enough. but i looked closer (really wish i didn't), and noticed that the 'weak point' is a small, living thing. the tunnel, you go down is the, well, uterus of a women, and the little creature is a fetus of a chaos demon. The bed of chaos is the source of all demons, a.k.a The Mother

You abort a baby. Please say i'm wrong

holy **** how come i never had this idea before?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 am

I think the mass of wood and fire that attacks the Chosen Undead from above the Bed of Chaos is just an extension of the BoC-a puppet for it, not another creature. On the other hand, the story of the first Earthbound game can be said to have an abortion themed-kill regarding the final boss, and game creators have been using a lot of baby monsters in recent years.
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Acarnatia wrote:I think the mass of wood and fire that attacks the Chosen Undead from above the Bed of Chaos is just an extension of the BoC-a puppet for it, not another creature. On the other hand, the story of the first Earthbound game can be said to have an abortion themed-kill regarding the final boss, and game creators have been using a lot of baby monsters in recent years.

I always considered the Wooden Giant creature to be the Witch, in the Intro you can clearly see she is kinda gigantic.

a horrific realization 2lneh35

This makes sense if you consider the theme of Birth and the BoC being the Mother of the Demons.
    Mauvais
    Mauvais

Post by Mauvais Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:54 pm

well that's disturbing but it makes sense.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:04 pm

You get the soul of the witch from killing the bug and her daughters were also tranformed into bug like things. There's no reason to think the bug is anything but the witch herself.
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:14 pm

DoughGuy wrote:You get the soul of the witch from killing the bug and her daughters were also tranformed into bug like things. There's no reason to think the bug is anything but the witch herself.

You get ONE soul for killing FOUR Kings.
    Why can't we get One soul for killing Mommy-and-her-Baby? sad

"Soul of the Bed of Chaos and the mother of all demons. This Lord Soul was found at the dawn of the Age of Fire.
    The Witch of Izalith attempted to duplicate the First Flame from a soul, but instead created a distorted being of chaos and fire. Its power formed a bed of life which would become the source for all demons, and is more than enough to satiate the Lordvessel."

It is not stated anywhere it is just the Soul of the Witch. Just the soul of the BoC.

And maybe when a baby is still inside their mother's womb, they share the same soul? LOL I don't know, there isn't any clear definition on how you get your own soul in any culture afair.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Except the BoC's soul isn't what is needed to satiate the Lordvessal; the LORD'S SOULS are required. As for why we only get one soul for the Four Kings, that's because the together only had part of a Lord's Soul. Actually, that description sounds more like the BoC IS the Witch of Izalith. Between the two, there is only one Lord's soul; therefore, if that soul (the Lord's Soul that we gain by killing the BoC) is the soul of both of them, they must be the same being.
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:22 am

IMO, it sounds more like the second part of the description is telling the origin on the Soul owner. Pretty much how they handle the 4Kings soul description on the second paragraph.

Bequeathed Lord Soul Shard.
    "Soul of one of the Four Kings, who fell to Dark. A fragment of a Lord Souls discovered at the dawn of the Age of Fire.
    Lord Gwyn recognized the foresight of these four great leaders of New Londo, and granted them their ranks and the fragments of a great soul. Although this is not a full Lord Soul, it can still satiate the Lord Vessel."

Now back to the BoC Lord Soul for further analyze:

Lord Soul.
    "Soul of the Bed of Chaos and the mother of all demons. This Lord Soul was found at the dawn of the Age of Fire.
    The Witch of Izalith attempted to duplicate the First Flame from a soul, but instead created a distorted being of chaos and fire. Its power formed a bed of life which would become the source for all demons, and is more than enough to satiate the Lordvessel."

It could be broken grammar, but the first sentence may be referring to two different beings. Why I think that is simply because it uses the world MOTHER, a feminine word. So when they get back to talking about the Witch (IF she was the sole owner of the soul) they would user "HER power formed a bed of life..." instead of "ITS power formed a..."

Considering she is the only female with a Lord Soul, we can't be sure about what happens when a Lord gets pregnant. Does she splits her soul with her baby or whatever? She already had her other children by the time she found the Lord Soul; so the BoC could be the sole example of another life being formed inside a Lord.

The Bug is also in a fetal position if you are gentle enough to look at it before stabbing it to death.

---

The Flames started to fade. The Witch was pregnant, she saw the opportunity to create a new Flame, and also make sure she was the new Great Lord, with the strongest soul.

To prevent other from claiming souls from her "Second Flame", she decided to use the soul of the baby inside her womb to duplicate the First Flame. Her womb would become sort of a private Kiln, with unlimited power.

**** happened. She created a monster. The baby's power created a Bed of Life inside her womb (kinda corrupted Kiln, yeah), and also some sort of Second Flame; the Chaos Flame (source of Pyromancy). The Chaos Flame corrupted everyone in a radius, creating demons. That includes the Witch of Izalith.

She was transformed in some sort of huge *** tree-like giant. Her branches and roots went as far as the Firelink Altar. Just to prove the extend of the BoC's power. (However it is pretty clear the Altar have Izalith architecture, so it's not a very great feat to reach there.) Oh yeah, and while she was transforming, the Baby and the Mother were connected; so if the Baby died, so would she.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 am

I have to admit, it seems crazy, and I honestly seems so far-fetched that I couldn't see From actually intending it...

However, there is enough diction choices that one could make a surprisingly sufficient literary analysis of it...
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:35 pm

After reading this thread:

a horrific realization ItZ2RYn

the more i read about this game and its lore the more darker it gets.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:05 am

I have my doubts... However, it would prove me right. I've always maintained that the BoC is a certain 4-letter word. :silent: You also have to play with two globes to gain access to the lower region...
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Lots of incoming text.. I did an analysis of something simular to this please read if you're interested.

Spoiler:

That’s just my analysis feel free to pick it apart and enjoy the mass speculation =)
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:32 pm

The Bed of Chaos is a Bed of Life.
    The First Flame is a bed of life too. It created all life.
    The Flame of Chaos also created life; but life already existed, and so it distorted the already existing life; that's why people call this Bed of Life; the Bed of Chaos.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:20 pm

Acarnatia wrote:Except the BoC's soul isn't what is needed to satiate the Lordvessal; the LORD'S SOULS are required. As for why we only get one soul for the Four Kings, that's because the together only had part of a Lord's Soul. Actually, that description sounds more like the BoC IS the Witch of Izalith. Between the two, there is only one Lord's soul; therefore, if that soul (the Lord's Soul that we gain by killing the BoC) is the soul of both of them, they must be the same being.
    The Lord Soul can be broken and given to others, maybe the witch gave it to her fetus before she died....?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:27 pm

The first flame created souls, not life. The dragons definitely existed before the First Flame, and the intro says "Then, from the Dark, they came, and found the souls of Lords within the Flame." Life existed outside of Fire and found Fire.
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Arcanatia, you are a little lost. lol

Miyazaki stated dragons aren't alive. They are kinda like part of nature. Soulless.

Now for all your other statements, I have this:

But then there was FIRE... Life and Death... and of course Light and Dark.

You are mixing Light and Fire as the same thing. heh
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Wow. I never realized... :shock:

"I enter the entrance to the start of the beginning of the Bed of Chaos.
    I am nervous...tense...STIFF as a board.

I am full of excitement, but yet nervous like a school boy. The tension builds.....and builds.....and then, THERE I AM!!! I slide deeeep into the hole of no return! Its too late now. A part of me wants to turn back, but the excitement is too much for me to handle.

I could have said no before, but now that I have thrust myself into the grand and glorious shaft of euphoric bliss I continue forth! Like an Animaaal I slide back and forth and back and forth and back and forth....

Why? I know not. I know my pleasure will most likely be temporary...but yet I go on.
    It's as if instinct itself has taken over. Evil Fex

To the end I come and...AND....AND THEN I..."

...I dont remember what happens after. :bom:

Last edited by Animaaal on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shpelling)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:45 pm