Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
EverlastingRat
Scurrilous Straggler
KeeperOfThe7Keys
Cynic
Liudeius
Werdax
VMatrixX
twilightwarwolf
Dibsville
Slarg232
swordiris
Sir Mandred
DE5PA1R
samster628
Animaaal
FattyOfDoom
Deathsitexxi
Hugh_G_Johnson
Ashran
Shkar
DoughGuy
Mauvais
Acarnatia
Hue
Orango19
GrinTwist
skarekrow13
Demon Slayer
BeeSeaEss
Rynn
EarthScraper
35 posters

a horrific realization

KeeperOfThe7Keys

a horrific realization - Page 3 Empty Re: a horrific realization

Post by KeeperOfThe7Keys Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:05 am

Shkar wrote:The flame also created heat and cold, and I can't even begin to think of a situation where someone couldn't know the difference between the two. Not to mention Plato's allegorical cave-dwellers would still know the difference of light and darkness.There's also the issue of evolution not having a reason to give an underground race eyes.

I get that you were just comparing the two, but it can't be the way it actually is. The two just aren't compatible, much like how the first living things weren't immortal until death struck; they may not of had a concept of death, but there was certainly non-living material to compare to.

What evidence is there that evolution applies in the world of Dark Souls? Don't assume any real world concept applies in a fantasy world without evidence. The prologue could be literally true.

"You think that's air you're breathing?"
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:25 am

KeeperOfThe7Keys wrote:
    Shkar wrote:The flame also created heat and cold, and I can't even begin to think of a situation where someone couldn't know the difference between the two. Not to mention Plato's allegorical cave-dwellers would still know the difference of light and darkness.There's also the issue of evolution not having a reason to give an underground race eyes.

I get that you were just comparing the two, but it can't be the way it actually is. The two just aren't compatible, much like how the first living things weren't immortal until death struck; they may not of had a concept of death, but there was certainly non-living material to compare to.

What evidence is there that evolution applies in the world of Dark Souls? Don't assume any real world concept applies in a fantasy world without evidence. The prologue could be literally true.

"You think that's air you're breathing?"

I wasn't holding that up as some end-all piece of evidence. It was a small side-note that I had thought up while responding and, in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, provides small evidence in that way.

That said, the people of blighttown certainly have changed, though I can't recall if it specifically says what changed them.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:52 pm

The prologue footage basically shows it all. World dark in the sense that it is populate only by unchanging dragons and hollow shells of people. Then fire brings change and the shells one way or another become intelegent from the power of the flame (humans all got their intellegence from fragments of the dark soul.)
    If this is untrue then prove it.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 pm

sad sad sad

as i say before

i've been killing an fetus all this time feel bad sad
    Scurrilous Straggler
    Scurrilous Straggler
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Scurrilous Straggler Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Evil fetus happy My blade shall cleanse thee!
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:26 pm

samster628 wrote:The prologue footage basically shows it all. World dark in the sense that it is populate only by unchanging dragons and hollow shells of people. Then fire brings change and the shells one way or another become intelegent from the power of the flame (humans all got their intellegence from fragments of the dark soul.)
    If this is untrue then prove it.

that makes a lot of sense and I actually have thought this but this is all speculation...btw isn't your last sentence a double-edge sword?
    CallMeTiff
    CallMeTiff

Location : The Land of the Midnight Sun' and 'The Land of the Vikings'

Post by CallMeTiff Sat May 11, 2013 2:39 am

*gasp* I ... i'll be sure to check it out on my next playthrough ... interesting, yes very interesting, it only took a few threads of this forum before i learnt something new, something creepy, something awesome and something intresting - i'm thrilled to find more *storms out the thread all hyped on his way to find new discoveries*
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Thu May 16, 2013 4:14 pm

But the Bed of Chaos is the source of all demons... When you attack that thing, the Bed of Chaos's health bar goes down. Therefore, that is the mother of all demons, not the fetus. Those tree stick things are being manipulated by the Bed of Chaos, that's not a living thing. The only thing alive is the Bed of Chaos.
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Thu May 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Orango19 wrote:The Bed of Chaos is a Bed of Life.
    The First Flame is a bed of life too. It created all life.
    The Flame of Chaos also created life; but life already existed, and so it distorted the already existing life; that's why people call this Bed of Life; the Bed of Chaos.

But it's not the bed of life. It's the creator of demons. Are demons alive? Who knows.
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Thu May 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Orango19 wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:You get the soul of the witch from killing the bug and her daughters were also tranformed into bug like things. There's no reason to think the bug is anything but the witch herself.

You get ONE soul for killing FOUR Kings.
    Why can't we get One soul for killing Mommy-and-her-Baby? sad

"Soul of the Bed of Chaos and the mother of all demons. This Lord Soul was found at the dawn of the Age of Fire.
    The Witch of Izalith attempted to duplicate the First Flame from a soul, but instead created a distorted being of chaos and fire. Its power formed a bed of life which would become the source for all demons, and is more than enough to satiate the Lordvessel."

It is not stated anywhere it is just the Soul of the Witch. Just the soul of the BoC.

And maybe when a baby is still inside their mother's womb, they share the same soul? LOL I don't know, there isn't any clear definition on how you get your own soul in any culture afair.

Goddammit there is no mother, those are trees and twigs being manipulated by the little Bed of Chaos creature thing protecting itself. It's not a living (or unliving) thing, it's just the "limbs" of the Bed of Chaos. It's not a fetus, it's the entire body of the mother of all Demons, the Bed of Chaos! or Bed of Trollz, according to my friends.
    sandrorr23
    sandrorr23

Post by sandrorr23 Thu May 16, 2013 4:24 pm

I´ve always considered in another way.

The two beads on each side are some daughter of caos trying to contain the bed of corrupted life

and the central one is what have left from the witch itself.

Because the witch had 7 daugther and we only get to know about 5
    ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ExplodingPenguin Fri May 17, 2013 10:17 pm

That horrid thing tried to set me on fire; of course I killed it.

Also, I'm fairly sure that's the Witch of Izalith; she's basically the bug and the tree thing; the bug is her physical manifestation while the Bed of Chaos is the surronding flesh and defense.
    EarthScraper
    EarthScraper
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EarthScraper Mon May 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Those two things you have to hit... I'm sure they are meant to represent the ovaries.

No more babies for you BoC. No more flaming, man eating, giant, deformed babies for you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:07 pm