Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Saturday-Saint
reim0027
Brigade
7 posters

Two Questions in One

Brigade
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Two Questions in One Empty Two Questions in One

Post by Brigade Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:08 pm

I figured it would be better to put two questions in one thread than to create two threads within seconds of each other.

First question is if save editing for pure PvP characters is frowned upon. If not, where can I find one that doesn't corrupt saves and doesn't add worthless "features" like infinite health, because I'm tired of pumping hours into a complicated build just to be able to start using it properly.

Second question is a bit more interesting.

Can anyone on this forum find an interesting and effective way to use the Jagged Ghost Blade? It's been said before that it's a terrible weapon because of it's E scaling, despite common use (and praise) of elemental weapons with no scaling and split damage. People also seem to forget that it's not a claymore, and therefore not supposed to reach 600+ damage per hit.

How difficult would it be to take advantage of 230 damage with a high swing speed and pure physical damage?

How effective is it as an offhand?

Is it a viable as a backup for a Str build with very little endurance to spare?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Two Questions in One Empty Re: Two Questions in One

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:12 pm

I sue the Ghost Blade for questing/cooping. You can't equip Transient curse and grass, do PW, or other buffs. And, PW lasts an obscene amount of time. I like to use PW for the 4 kings, and I don't want to wait for it to wear off.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Save editing is frowned upon by some people. Ignore them. The great part about using it to conjure up a simulacrum of a legit character is that nobody can tell that you used a save editor, because there is absolutely no difference.

Elemental weapons have much higher base damage than the Jagged Ghost Blade, which is why their lack of scaling is okay.
    Brigade
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Brigade Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:26 pm

I don't suppose you know a good one? I have four builds that I've been wanting to make, but they all share the theme of having extraordinarily low damage and being annoying to level until they reach a certain point. Example: My Dragonslayer Spear build.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Please do not talk about save editors here. It is similar to discussing how do do glitches and is against forum rules.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Ghost Blade is perfect for Str builds check out this thread:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t17845-ghost-blade-for-str-builds?highlight=ghost+blade

Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:19 pm

reim0027 wrote:discussing how do do glitches and is against forum rules.

is this legit? It's against the rules to talk about how to dead angle, swap escape, spell cancel, instant block, etc.?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:discussing how do do glitches and is against forum rules.

is this legit? It's against the rules to talk about how to dead angle, swap escape, spell cancel, instant block, etc.?
    Yes. No.

Please refer to our posting guidelines. They can be found here: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2-forum-guidelines
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:31 am

Okay, it says do not post how to glitch or hack the game, which would include all the stuff (glitches) I just listed.

It also says it's against the rules to hijack threads... Hum dee-doo.

Uh, use a Falchion instead of the Ghost Blade, it's way better.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:03 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:Uh, use a Falchion instead of the Ghost Blade, it's way better.
    What if one wanted a theme build? Ghastly/ spectral? Oooh. (Idea face)
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:14 am

Here brigade, for oyur viewing pleasure. A ghostish themed Low SL build silly
    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=127304154673286815
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:12 am

Dutchy wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:Uh, use a Falchion instead of the Ghost Blade, it's way better.

Well then you're gonna be kinda screwed into using crappy weapons. Such is the nature of theme builds.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:18 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Dutchy wrote:

Well then you're gonna be kinda screwed into using crappy weapons. Such is the nature of theme builds.
    Quite true, Quite true. I'm still trying to kill people with the abyss greatswords two-handed :/
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:00 am

Save editing for pvp? No way, don't do it. I don't care if you don't mod your hp and only use "legit" items, it's still cheating because you're taking a shortcut to fight other players who actually had to invest a lot of time and effort and earn all their equipment. If you want something in the game, you should earn it yourself. If you're trying to justify what you're doing with "there's no difference in stats between my save edit and a legit build based on farming", then I guess you must think that pumping all your stats to 99 with a save editor should be okay too, since that would also be possible to achieve in a legit way given enough playing time. Or you must be okay with all the low-level griefers in the Burg who used bottomless box glitched lightning weapons before the patch, since technically it's possible to grind a SL 5 to Anor Londo. Don't be lazy; say no to cheating.

If you want to save edit for offline pve, then go ahead and do that.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:05 am

gmwdim wrote:Save editing for pvp? No way, don't do it. I don't care if you don't mod your hp and only use "legit" items, it's still cheating because you're taking a shortcut to fight other players who actually had to invest a lot of time and effort and earn all their equipment. If you want something in the game, you should earn it yourself. If you're trying to justify what you're doing with "there's no difference in stats between my save edit and a legit build based on farming", then I guess you must think that pumping all your stats to 99 with a save editor should be okay too, since that would also be possible to achieve in a legit way given enough playing time. Or you must be okay with all the low-level griefers in the Burg who used bottomless box glitched lightning weapons before the patch, since technically it's possible to grind a SL 5 to Anor Londo. Don't be lazy; say no to cheating.

If you want to save edit for offline pve, then go ahead and do that.
    Geesh, someone's opinionated today. I have probably invest at least a thousand hours of Dark Souls, 700 of which are probably PvP, I change builds by the fancy, I have created over 15 characters that have all been SL120. Every second day I get a new idea to test in a new build, which have to build to SL120 through blood sweat and glory, only to find out that it was a terrible idea. I think it's understanable if I want to make it a little easier on myself. Find out if things do work first.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:20 am

And what of all the other players you'll be killing, who are testing out their builds after investing the time and effort? How would this not be blatantly unfair for them?
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:33 am

You make a fair point. Then it just comes down to principal, morality.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:37 am

There's a reason everyone hates people who cut in line at the store, the amusement park, the airport, etc. Fairness matters! Two Questions in One 639795459
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:40 am

I really hate the Praise the Sun gesture, it seems so self-righteousTwo Questions in One 3207319737 This, on the other hand, looks like a perverted gangnam style attempt
    Brigade
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Brigade Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm

gmwdim wrote:And what of all the other players you'll be killing, who are testing out their builds after investing the time and effort? How would this not be blatantly unfair for them?

You make me want to skin a baby seal alive as I eat my whale blubber and create half a dozen SL120 builds in three seconds.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:58 pm

gmwdim wrote:There's a reason everyone hates people who cut in line at the store, the amusement park, the airport, etc. Fairness matters! Two Questions in One 639795459
    Bad analogy. People who cut in line make the line longer, which makes it take more time for you to get through the line. People who save edit aren't costing you anything.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Save edit people do cost others something - they have an advantage in pvp because they have a build with optimized equipment and stats. Most hosts do NOT have optimized builds, and those who do had to work really hard to get them.

As a personal example, I do all of my pvp with builds which are a bit underpowered because I screwed up the stats a bit. But they're all I have until I manage to procure the right equipment on my newer builds, which takes time and effort (not to mention setbacks due to dying against invaders and pve). Someone with a save edit would have a significant advantage over myself, and other similar players.

Last edited by gmwdim on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Jagged Ghost Blade is totally viable as a weapon as long as you respect its move set and don't try to impose the weapon you want it to be on the weapon that it is. I use it off hand as a back up to my Fury or +15 falchion.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:54 pm

grossemesser wrote:don't try to impose the weapon you want it to be on the weapon that it is.

So basically, accept that it's a weapon made for people who somehow run out of Transient Curse and serves no purpose outside of New Londo.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 pm

gmwdim wrote:Save edit people do cost others something - they have an advantage in pvp because they have a build with optimized equipment and stats. Most hosts do NOT have optimized builds, and those who do had to work really hard to get them.

As a personal example, I do all of my pvp with builds which are a bit underpowered because I screwed up the stats a bit. But they're all I have until I manage to procure the right equipment on my newer builds, which takes time and effort (not to mention setbacks due to dying against invaders and pve). Someone with a save edit would have a significant advantage over myself, and other similar players.

It takes me something like six to eight hours to get a perfectly optimal SL 120 character with all maxed out equipment, and the 'work' involved (playing a video game I enjoy) is trivial. Guess I have a huge unfair advantage over everybody.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:43 pm