Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Jansports
GrinTwist
Soris Ice Goldwing
xtal84
skarekrow13
crbngville2
reim0027
lextune
AnCapaillMor
Jodecho
Forum Pirate
Rynn
Avenger649
The Letter X
lonewolf
IV_Mark_VI
Noob-of-Artorias
Saturday-Saint
DeadRayne
23 posters

PVP weapons You think are not honorable

xtal84
    xtal84
    Regular
    Regular

PVP weapons You think are not honorable - Page 2 Empty Re: PVP weapons You think are not honorable

Post by xtal84 Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:44 am

Forum Pirate wrote:No point concerning yourself with what people find "dishonorable." Somebody finds everything dishonorable, there is no way to not make people angry, especially if you win.

As such I recommend you use whatever you want, and if other people don't like it, its really not your problem.

Indeed, this.

"Everything is permitted." 8)
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

PVP weapons You think are not honorable - Page 2 Empty Re: PVP weapons You think are not honorable

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 am

lonewolf wrote:
    DeadRayne wrote:
    lonewolf wrote:R1 spammers with a fast wepon
    Like the gold tracer?
    yes or katanas
    I parried more people with a r1 spam katana than anything else. The gold tracer in the 2-h is much worse for an foe. I hate any rapier the same way I'm don't like spears. You can coward behind your shield and poke for two minutes. I like spears better for their moveset which doesn't always resort to turtling if the odds are not good. But yeah go with what you prefer to wield.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:49 am

Personally I don't find any of the weapons cheap, except for the dragonslayer spear and that's really because I'm very inexperienced with countering it.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:08 pm

Every weapon is honorable.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Don't listen to haters
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:Any Katana, Curved Sword, Bow, Straight Sword, Thrusting Sword, Great Sword, Great Hammer, Great Axe, Dagger, Great Bow, Ultra Great Sword, Hammer, Axe, Great Curved Sword, or Fist Weapon.
    Saturday-Saint wrote:For the record whips are also dishonorable. I just forgot to list them. Spears and pole weapons are, too.
    Time to take out my trusty Sniper Crossbow then. big grin

I was told that Shotel is dishonourable because it bypasses shields. Shrug
    One of my favourite weapons to this day.

Anyway, what Forum Pirate said is the holy truth and deserves a +.
    DeadRayne
    DeadRayne

Post by DeadRayne Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:39 pm

After all this i guess il keep using my gold tracer for anyone that invades me. Worked like a charm just a wee while ago when i cut a guy down in under 4 seconds
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Can do the same thing with heavy weapons. Hit once for 400-450, bs while stunned for between 1k and 1400, unbuffed. 3 second victory.
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Can do the same thing with heavy weapons. Hit once for 400-450, bs while stunned for between 1k and 1400, unbuffed. 3 second victory.

maybe its because i fast roll w/ poise but when someone tries to spam heavy weapon i just laugh and laugh. all my characters carry a trident just to dance on corpses of people who try things like that.
    DeadRayne
    DeadRayne

Post by DeadRayne Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:52 pm

Jodecho wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Can do the same thing with heavy weapons. Hit once for 400-450, bs while stunned for between 1k and 1400, unbuffed. 3 second victory.

maybe its because i fast roll w/ poise but when someone tries to spam heavy weapon i just laugh and laugh. all my characters carry a trident just to dance on corpses of people who try things like that.
    You would be lucky if anyone even lets you land a good hit with a heavy weapon
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:54 pm

There are no cheap weapons. Just cheap players.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:05 pm

DeadRayne wrote:
    Jodecho wrote:

You would be lucky if anyone even lets you land a good hit with a heavy weapon
    I land heavy weapon hits all the time. Properly using a zweihander is way more complicated and effective than mindless R1 spam. Its high risk, but then even 1 successful hit on my part can end the fight. Dismiss it at your peril. Even without bsing, hyper mode dragons can rack up 1100 in 1 unbuffed zweihander hit.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:21 pm

The only way to be called honorable is to stand still and die. In Dark Souls PvP, to win is dishonorable. Shrug
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:19 pm

DeadRayne wrote:Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Also to reim0027 i know what you mean i faced one recently and just poked me all day. Though the spear has narrow range making it easier to dodge then most weapons. Just my thoughts on it.
    The problem is this. First, lag increases their side-to-side range. They usually have great range for their speed (forward range) allowing them to poke and roll. And, they are boring as hell to fight. I have better things to do with my time than to waste it on a spear poking turtle.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:55 pm

Dragonslayer spear R1 spam, I can't counter that effectively, and it REALLY gets to me.
    I have also been caught by Gold Tracer R1 spam with his TWoP active, tried parrying, missed, got minced.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:40 pm

Jodecho wrote:"theres no honor in testes"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:30 pm