Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
philip06
swordiris
Dark Souls PRO
raecor14
Forum Pirate
Spurgun
VinheimProfessor
ZikoLogiKa NL
Hahalo
Carphil
Knight Alundil
CaptanSpudsy
TehInfamousAmos
omega Elf
LordRevan
Tolvo
DoughGuy
Ecko
DamageCK
dancash1808
WyrmHero
FattyOfDoom
skarekrow13
Motopsycho
User
lextune
cloudyeki
johnnyjwa
32 posters

Wrath of god and its "honorable" use

johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Wrath of god and its "honorable" use Empty Wrath of god and its "honorable" use

Post by johnnyjwa Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:58 pm

So I recently got into an argument over xbl (stupid I know) about how I use wrath of god. I would like some others opinions on the subject.

So I mainly use wog for gankers or bs fishers but sometimes ill use it to surprise my opponent when they are low on hp and land a killing blow. Would you consider this cheap? Honestly if I see a talisman I assume wog and prepare to dodge.

I am not spamming it or anything. Most of the time I do it because my opponent is low on hp and not fighting back. They will just be rolling/flipping all over the place. But yes sometimes I do use it to finish someone off who is fighting back.

Sooo opinions? And please be nice about it. I understand where my opponent was coming from but I do not think it is unfair.

P.S. I did not even kill said opponent with wog. I cast it once and he ran away and facepalmed. I killed him during the emote.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Wrath of god and its "honorable" use Empty Re: Wrath of god and its "honorable" use

Post by cloudyeki Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:04 pm

I don't use it, but I always assume anyone with a talisman has it.

As for an honorable use, as long as it ain't used 3-9 consecutive times (spammed) then by all means use it. After all, I use GC when the situation calls for it (parry hounds, UG weapons, gankers etc etc...)
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Wrath of god and its "honorable" use Empty Re: Wrath of god and its "honorable" use

Post by lextune Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Wrath is total legit and "honorable" is almost any situation.

It is pretty easy to dodge too, so people getting hit with it ought to just suck it up and try to get good....

....how about that?

silly
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:09 pm

A bit harsh, but true. You should be able to avoid it if you know the frames of it. All you gotta do is roll like a barrel to safety. Or headfirst toward the guy. God I love scaring people who think they're safe.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:09 pm

There is no such things as honour without a Katana and a family Heritage. Losing either or discriminating either or both will be dishonourable.

Smoking in front a of a toddler while eating Popcorn Shrimp is considered dishonourable

Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:11 pm

Thanks for the replies I hope said opponent reads them.
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Motopsycho Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:11 pm

Nothing hurts my pride more than having an awesome close duel, only to be suddenly kill by a random WoG. =(
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:11 pm

No more drinks for you acid :mask-averice:

edit: Moto you should always pay attention during any fight. Getting hit by a WoG means you weren't exactly watching your target.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:13 pm

You can't have a cloud duel, unless both players both use Final Fantasy Combat. Which means they must take turns doing A move set.

Player one:
    Attack - Miss

Player two:
    Kick- Critical Hit!

Player one:
    'Sunlight Spear' - 100% health depletion

Player one Wins!
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Motopsycho wrote:Nothing hurts my pride more than having an awesome close duel, only to be suddenly kill by a random WoG. =(

I agree but I blame myself for not paying close enough attention and not being ready for anything my opponent throws at me.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:17 pm

I spam it to hell on campers on occasion. In duels a cast here or there is fine. My great scythe does just as much (more with lemon) and I've never heard anyone complain that swinging that is dishonorable. Also it can be a lot harder to dodge

Basically, if you see a weapon, expect it will be used.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Make sure you use Emit Force first, Skarekrow; It would be wrong to use Force first.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Acid I want to smoke with you one day.

Or have final fantasy duels.

Last edited by johnnyjwa on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

I don't need to smoke. I never do, unless it is a Cigar... But thank you.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Haha thats ok it just seems like you would have some deep conversations lol.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Really? I hope you aren't looking for some blue crap, there ain't much there. Maybe some red stuff, and some black stuff, and possibly some yellow stuff. Who knows... won;t get much form me, other than some slurs and vulgarity, and a slight hint of intelligence and absence.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:20 am

For the love of Kaathe, how is WoG unhonorable? It can be used how someone wants to. They want to spam it? Fine, let them waste there casts. They want to finish you off with it? Fine, they can.

Nothing is unhonorable, people who complain are just upset, and chances are, will spam others with WoG anyway.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:31 am

Same guy said that to me. I invited him to a duel, he changed his mind. I use it because it's effective and powerful, but most players who said the WoG is dishonorable is because they don't know how to dodge it. When I'm fighting at FC I rarely connect one, it can be easily dodge if you pay close attention to your opponent. Use it, it's the best spell for any faith build out there, so why not.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:53 am

^ Oh god I think we ran into the same person... Pops divine blessings and complains about WoG and 2 consecutive greatsword hits.
    frankly I have more issues with you killing him in the emote than the WoG silly and even then I dont have many...
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:24 am

When I first started PvPing, I thought Wrath was super dirty.

Then I realized (a) dodge, you idiot... and (b) it's an invitation to roll BS. So a lot of times what they think will be their equivalent of a finishing move ends up being mine.

My disdain for WoG died with my newb status.
    Ecko
    Ecko
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ecko Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:35 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.
    Wait... what?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:36 am

Acidic is a little crazy, you'll have to forgive him.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:04 am

I do have a personal problem with that, but usually because the people I fight who do that lag so badly that I never see a talisman. I just get hit by a WotG and die. But, if the connection is fine I wouldn't find it too cheap. A bit unsportsman like, but if they are just dodging around refusing to fight then end it however you see fit.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:06 am

Lol Tolvo.

When did you become the town crier?
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:21 pm

Acidic, I'm putting that as my sig big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:37 am