Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
The Letter X
Sneezer
reim0027
Jansports
WyrmHero
LunarFog
10 posters

LunarFog Build: Dual Blader

xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

LunarFog Build: Dual Blader - Page 2 Empty Re: LunarFog Build: Dual Blader

Post by xenon_nobelium Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:19 pm

eh, claymore = variety? don't think so ^_~ (i know you mean the moveset) i just think it's waste to go for elemental if you already have the perfect stats for a scaling weapon in the same catgory. i see no sense in halving my dmg output just for that claymore 1h R2 poke if i already wield a goddamn spear in my offhand...but whatever floats yout boat! also that blade dancer of yours has not enough poise imo.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:28 pm

xenon_nobelium wrote:eh, claymore = variety? don't think so ^_~ (i know you mean the moveset) i just think it's waste to go for elemental if you already have the perfect stats for a scaling weapon in the same catgory. i see no sense in halving my dmg output just for that claymore 1h R2 poke if i already wield a goddamn spear in my offhand...but whatever floats yout boat! also that blade dancer of yours has not enough poise imo.
    ..There's just no pleasing you.

I don't take other people into consideration when I talk about variety for myself. This is the first time I've used a claymore.

I'll find out what the damage is like for both weapons. If a chaos claymore is really outclassed(I don't think it will be) then I'll switch to flamberg.

Now that I think of it, the bleed could help out too.

And if 58 poise isn't enough for you, then you could switch FaP with Havel's ring and boost it to about 70-80ish.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:53 pm

Seems like a well round build if you're planning on "dancing" with your foe and I really see nothing wrong with it. If 58 poise is an issue, which I don't see, you could swap the wanderer boots for the Lord's blade leggings. You keep your rings, can fast roll and have 64 poise. That's my opinion and I really don't think anyone would want to try any spam attack as they'll either get their poise broken or bleed out from the weapons.

Also the claymore is a rounded nice weapon but is slower in the 1-hand and is quite parry-able if the attack was misplaced. Though its R2 is nice for getting distance and stopping some foes for a second.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Seems like a well round build if you're planning on "dancing" with your foe and I really see nothing wrong with it. If 58 poise is an issue, which I don't see, you could swap the wanderer boots for the Lord's blade leggings. You keep your rings, can fast roll and have 64 poise. That's my opinion and I really don't think anyone would want to try any spam attack as they'll either get their poise broken or bleed out from the weapons.

Also the claymore is a rounded nice weapon but is slower in the 1-hand and is quite parry-able if the attack was misplaced. Though its R2 is nice for getting distance and stopping some foes for a second.

What you mean it's slower in 1-hand? It's slower than other greatswords?? If that's the case then I gotta change that flamberg immediately.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:00 pm

^It just swings slower when one-handed than when two-handed.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Oh yea. I forgot. That's another reason I chose claymore over the flamberg. If I start off the combo with a 1handed heavy attack (which benefits from Leo ring mind you) then I'll be able to stunlock forever.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Forever? Not true in even the slightest.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Rynn wrote:Forever? Not true in even the slightest.
    Well until I run out of stamina. But by then the damage will be enough.

If I start my combo with the heavy attack, I'll be able to stunlock until I run out of stamina.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:28 pm

LunarFog wrote:

If I start my combo with the heavy attack, I'll be able to stunlock until I run out of stamina.

Depends on how much poise your opponent has and if they are using the DWGR.

I've noticed that anyone with 0 poise has the lowest chance to escape a stunlock. I can pull off an infinite combo with the Broadsword/Falchion combo as long as I time everything right and they don't toggle escape. If they had the DWGR on the other hand they'd be able to escape it for some reason. The values in poise then decide how long the stunlock will be. If I had to guess, anything below 40 is able to be infinitely stunlocked by a one-handed greatsword as long as you start off close enough. Someone in the 50's can probably escape after a few hits.

These are guesses, but I'm pretty sure they're right based off of my fights after I switched from 58 to 36 poise and my fights while using the claymore.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:43 pm

The claymore drains a lot of stamina for any attack, meaning if you want to deal much damage you must be quick to analyze your opponent armor before trying an r2 attack as if you miss, the timing window for a counter is a second you may regret, though one you can dodge if you're quick. From what I have done you have to be creative with a claymore as your weaknesses are those openings and the chance that you get a turtle. However a well placed hit will cause a lot of damage and put them into a defensive spot. It's a fear factor those lame tanks love so much. A 1hand r2 lunges the claymore the 2hand r2 is a swing that should be what you want to start with. Though I'd try a 2hand r1 followed by the strong attack. Still that's your choice.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:52 pm

LunarFog wrote:

You're incorrect, I'm certain of it. A greatsword only stuns me for 1 hit before I have control of my character again, and I'm only running 83 poise. People running 90, 100, or higher would find it even easier to escape.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:51 pm

I thought they patched the stunlock thing? and now you can only be stunlocked twice before being able to roll out? correct me if i'm wrong

to OP, I'd go with Wyrms about increasing poise. rest its just fine.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:08 pm

I'm messing around with a claymore right now and so far even without starting the combo with an R2 people aren't rolling out of it. I've seen this video and so far it hasn't been wrong yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in9CPUkue7s
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:34 pm

LunarFog wrote:I'm messing around with a claymore right now and so far even without starting the combo with an R2 people aren't rolling out of it. I've seen this video and so far it hasn't been wrong yet.

It never worked for me, but I don't spam R1 that much so I may not remember correctly.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:22 pm

LunarFog wrote:I'm messing around with a claymore right now and so far even without starting the combo with an R2 people aren't rolling out of it. I've seen this video and so far it hasn't been wrong yet.

lol this is so Soulcalibur combos sequence

interesting video, I wonder if thats just a bug or something intended to be in game.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:14 am

Perhaps the large difference here is that I run with 70 poise minimum so that 2 hits with a greatsword don't stun me, so you need 3 hits to stun me, which lets me get out of the stunlock.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:53 am

^Must be that. At least one of my builds uses MLGS and can infinite stunlock 1H, you have to toggle escape to get out. I assume Claymore as a light greatsword can do the same.

I remember the MSGS couldn't infinite stunlock 2H back in the 1.05 days because the swing was slower than other greatswords. You could safely dodge out after the 3rd hit I think. Maybe it happens the same with the 1H spam.

I don't know how much poise a 1H Claymore thrust can break. Assuming it stuns +40 poise the attack leads to safely R1 spam without worrying about parry. Combine with the Leo Ring, spear + Claymore thrust + stunlock spam is deadly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:10 pm