Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
C0rs0n64
quench
sure-magicians
grossemesser
mofomey
FinPeku
Soris Ice Goldwing
The Letter X
Phoenix Rising
Murkulanvippi
Fry1156
crbngville2
WaLKA
Rynn
WyrmHero
kazumoshi
Sneezer
Jansports
Emergence
reim0027
Animaaal
leonardo503
EeAyEss
Jodecho
Forum Pirate
AnCapaillMor
XachAttack
Maneater_Mildred
The Once-Ler
33 posters

Things I miss about PvP here

Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Things I miss about PvP here - Page 4 Empty Re: Things I miss about PvP here

Post by Murkulanvippi Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:16 am

Why didn't i see this thread before...

Anyways, I toowould be more than happy to join if a fight club is established. happy
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:17 am

reim0027 wrote:I think his main points are getting a group together for organized PvP (free from whining and restrictions) and having a consistent chatroom where we can all hang out.

And, I have to say I agree 100%. Say the place and, if I'm on, I'll be there.

That is exactly my point. I think the community has been to spread out. Hey, I get that people want to play other games. I am one of them because I am hooked on Ni No Kuni right now. The thing is, I still like to pvp in dks and since there has not been a consistent chat to check in and see if there are others playing, it is just easier to play something else even if I was thinking I wanted some pvp action. I would like to know that Sat night at 10 est is a designated pvp time so I can gear for that time. Anything else during the week is bonus. I may or may not play depending on what else is going on, but I would try to make most Sat nights like we used to. The fact that people would be looking in a central chat would make for spontaneous duels too. Even if I was planning to play something else on an off night, chances are I would check the chat first and could be coerced into al little dks for a bit winking. I think sl 100 is the best fit. Most universal and could include 2v2 arena for sparse nights when there is enough for at least that. Multiple sl fight clubs also divide up the group. If everyone agrees to make multiple builds then it won't matter. We could just say we are doing 120-125 one night so bring those builds, but sl 100 should probably be the standard.

My time has been sparse lately and the times that I have tried to recruite others (from playing other games) for pvp has been wasted because it rarely woks out that way and I n up wasting my limited game time in the process.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:25 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:I personally think part of the downfall of FC was when it left the pit.... Up till then it had a focused area to meet in. Then when tried sens and the butterfly and suddenly when had hosts in different area's etc and our numbers were diluted.

If we want to start up a weekly FC and also have daily gatherings, I think we need to sort 1 location and stick to it.

Yep, agreed. Off night you can meet wherever but FC night is in a designated spot.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:32 am

Centralization is a good thing. Central thread, central chat, central location. For location I am a big fan of optional boss zones, and an ambiance you can stand to be in for hours.
    Fry1156
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Fry1156 Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:40 am

Would there be a chance of starting it between 7/8 est as that would put it at 12/1am gmt.
    A 10est would be to late for me as I work most Sundays.
    Although dependant on how long they lasted for I could join later on.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:44 am

On the subject of soul levels. Personally, I've remade my guy so many damn times that I'm just tired of doing it, so I'm keeping him the way he is, and he's 120.
    Now earlier, I suggested we could make the level range 99/100-120, seeing how everyone can connect to eachother this way. Unless I have the summoning ranges mixed up..
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:10 pm

WaLKA wrote:Why don't you try your hand at making an xbox FC then, Rynn?
    The funny thing is I believe I actually did.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm down with any and all FC's. All the ones I've been involved in have fallen apart. I host on occasion for friends but thats about it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:37 pm

I don't like 120. I get more action at 100 anyways, so its where everything is built to.

100-120 sounds dodgy. Those extra 20 points can make a big difference.

(btw every sl cap except 710 is artificial, and the japanese sl cap was always 100-110)
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I don't like 120. I get more action at 100 anyways, so its where everything is built to.

100-120 sounds dodgy. Those extra 20 points can make a big difference.

(btw every sl cap except 710 is artificial, and the japanese sl cap was always 100-110)

I like fighting at 100, but don't mind fighting 120's or 125's
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:52 pm

I don't like fighting at 100 because I'm too tempted to use weapons like the Chaos Blade or Great Scythe exclusively. At 120 I start using quality or STR weapons.

Nothing against 100, I'll gladly get on my SL 100 if someone wants me to. They just better not complain about my weapon choice.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:59 pm

*Sigh* Guess I'll get a 110 version of what I've got now ready on that planner thing just in case >_>.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:04 pm

A good FC would be a nice thing to try. However I'm sticking to my 100. No point in putting points in that unless I want both 40 str and dex.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Well regarding consoles I would expect a forum FC cover all 3 platforms. We can organize it accordingly.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:09 pm

The Letter X wrote:I don't like fighting at 100 because I'm too tempted to use weapons like the Chaos Blade or Great Scythe exclusively. At 120 I start using quality or STR weapons.

Nothing against 100, I'll gladly get on my SL 100 if someone wants me to. They just better not complain about my weapon choice.

I am a fan of dex weps so 100 suits me. I do have a 125 quality that I use on occasion though.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:09 pm

The Letter X wrote:I don't like fighting at 100 because I'm too tempted to use weapons like the Chaos Blade or Great Scythe exclusively. At 120 I start using quality or STR weapons.

http://mmdks.com/1go6

http://mmdks.com/1go8

Why? These work just fine. Both use heavier than necessary examples of relevant weapon types, just to make a point.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:11 pm

^Powerful and useful, I like them. Though I do like 100 for I see a lot of different builds and even if some are alike chances are they are played differently.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:19 pm

SL 100 28 STR: http://mmdks.com/1goh

SL 100 Quality: http://mmdks.com/1goj

Both have 1700+ HP and decent defense/poise. I like SL 100 because you can do so many things, but you still have to make sacrifices if you want to use a buff or something like that.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:

http://mmdks.com/1go6

http://mmdks.com/1go8

Why? These work just fine. Both use heavier than necessary examples of relevant weapon types, just to make a point.

I know it can be pulled off, but I'd still make a DEX build anyway because it is more efficient. I'm not someone who prefers quality or STR weapons over DEX weapons, I just like using them all so I like 120 for less sacrifices.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:58 pm

I have always been a fan of 100 because it makes the scaling buffs a calculated choice. I have always been a fan of cmw/slb/dmb being applied on weapons that are closer to base stats than to the point of diminishing returns. They'll typically still have higher AR than a normal +15 at 40 but are a justified temporary boost. Otherwise it's massive AR on already high AR.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Does anyone ever reread a post they felt was well composed at the time and just go, "Whaaaa?"?
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Yes.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Every time =_=.

So, it's kinda sounding like level 100's gonna be the final decision?
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:30 pm

There really is no "final decision" with anything I'd imagine, a case by case basis is the more likely solution, and it's not like you can't do what you feel like when people are in agreement.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:46 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I also miss the old days king. Been thinking about doing the SL 150 FC to try something new. Thing is I'm too focused at Dust514 atm...I think I won't be playing souls till DkS2.

Yea, I am focused on Ni No Kuni, but I will MAKE time for a new FC. If we get it set up I hope you drop in from time to time. lol Wyrm, send me a PM with your thoughts on Dust 514. I just downloaded the open beta.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:27 pm