Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Spurgun
Jansports
Sneezer
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
Saturday-Saint
Brigade
Rynn
Uparkaam
Kyōkai
Forum Pirate
swordiris
Jester's Tears
17 posters

Weapon with Different movesets....

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Weapon with Different movesets.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Weapon with Different movesets....

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:59 am

I'm not actually on a side here btw, just playing devils advocate. I have no opinion on the rule.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Weapon with Different movesets.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Weapon with Different movesets....

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:24 am

I do care about the rule. It is one of the main rules of the forum. We will not discuss how to glitch here. There are other places you can go to discuss them.

We can either get this back on topic, discussing this weapon glitch and how to deal with it (but not how to purposefully do it) or we can lock this thread.

Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:59 am

reim0027 wrote:
    how to deal with it

Use a spear.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:05 am

Not really. Not if they know what they're doing anyways. Spears can be beat without a skill gap as is (its usually dull though)
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:25 am

Most who resort to glitching tend to not be very skilled at the game, so spears are generally the most useful weapon type, and having a long spear between you and Mr.DemonGreataxe longsword would be a good way to assess the situation and adapt before jumping into the proverbial fire.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:30 am

Sneezer wrote:Use a spear.
    You swing your spear. They swing their spear. You deal 250 damage. They stunlock for 2,500 damage and you die.

??????????????

Oh!

Their spear is a Zweihander.
    Brigade
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Brigade Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:33 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Sneezer wrote:Use a spear.
    You swing your spear. They swing their spear. You deal 250 damage. They stunlock for 2,500 damage and you die.

??????????????

Oh!

Their spear is a Zweihander.

Isn't it past your bedtime?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:35 am

Except that the demons greataxe with the rapier running r1 will ruin your party in a hurry, I'm sure a zweihander moving like a katana would ruin that theory too. Its too long and fast.

I'd say magic. Force stun to bs, wog stun to bs, pursuers, db, mlgs R2s. Anything that always stuns or hits hard enough to Ohko, (buying you time to back off or killing them outright) while also outranging the longer weapons.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:40 am

The glitch doesn't allow for the range of say a spear when the actual weapon is a Zwei while using the moveset of a spear. It only affects the moveset of a certain weapon, no other properties. But this is arguing semantics.

My point was unlucky enough to get stuck at the bottom of the last page, but ah well.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:01 am

The zweihs actual physical length is long enough to make kiting it with a spear problematic if its suddenly got kat or spear speed.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:52 am

I've seen a BKGA with the Uchi Moveset.

The running R1s were ABUSRD. I honestly don't think anything that exists in game that isn't the result of a glitch could prove a 'fair' match for that weapon.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:02 am

Having everybody use Uchi Zweihanders, Spear Macheters, and Rapier Clubs would probably be more fun than current PvP.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:11 am

For a bit, in a hilariously over powerd way. Its charm would wear off of me in a hurry though. (probably about the same time I got rapier turtled by a greatclub for the 3rd time.)
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:53 am

Demon Great Hammer Ricard's rapier.... I want to see.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 am

Forum Pirate wrote:For a bit, in a hilariously over powerd way. Its charm would wear off of me in a hurry though. (probably about the same time I got rapier turtled by a greatclub for the 3rd time.)

No... I think it would have a longer lasting appeal than regular Dark Souls PvP.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:53 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:It's a display glitch. You see some guy one-handing a weapon, but swinging with a two-handed straight sword moveset. If you pay attention you'll notice that the timing of the damage as well as the recovery for the swings matches the weapon he is actually using. On their end, the weapon actually looks completely normal. Also while they appear to be one-handing the weapon, they're actually using it two-handed.

Rynn, if you aren't bullsh****ng about an exploit like that, I suggest you share it. Withholding information on exploits only hurts the game. Spreading information and educating the playerbase is the best way to deal with exploits in the long run.
    While I'm not bullsh****ng, I'll share only as soon as someone is stupid enough to create a video on how to accomplish it, so far I praise the sun that this is the only video related to it.
    https://youtu.be/tniXKlbZ3yM

And until someone dares post why, this is a bad enough exploit that it WILL remain buried.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 am

and btw, if noone noticed, this glitch *** up the game at a basic level, that's why you almost exclusively see it in the forest: The host can't travel far from the place he did it in.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:11 am

The only way i used to beat this glitch (back when i stil PvPed) was by parrying them.
    That depends a lot on their skill level though. But most people who use it aren't that great at PvP anyway, but if you do meet someone who's actually very skilled and is using this glitch then you're kinda screwed. Like when you actually meet a very skilled gnka group - You don't see them that often, but when you meet them, boy are you gonna have a hard fight.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 am

Spurgun wrote:The only way i used to beat this glitch (back when i stil PvPed) was by parrying them.

What timing do you use, the one for the visible weapon's moveset or the one for the hidden one?

I tried parrying a zwei-straight sword one or two times from this Spanish guy in kiln and kept dying horribly to stunlocks.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm

I would only use this glitch to make a dagger have the moveset of the Great Club. Rolling r1's... hilarious.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:58 pm

There actually is a fairly good way to deal with it. Spells for starters, but if you don't have access I've found the best way to counter it is simply by using bows. Fast roll bow turtle. If they can't hit you with a spear anyway, it won't matter if they are hitting with the strength of a Demon Great Weapon. Since they can't hit you.

Or you could just disconnect.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Imagine the GC with a Dagger moveset. Can you fathom the insane DPS with that?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:12 pm

The worst I've seen is actually a Large Club in the left hand with the moveset of a Rapier. It could poke and stunlock, as well it poisoned, and could be parried with. I very much so died to that person.

By the way I thought I should mention, I have no idea about the effect of the whip animation. It may or may not be capable of being parried. I have no idea.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Tolvo wrote:The worst I've seen is actually a Large Club in the left hand with the moveset of a Rapier. It could poke and stunlock, as well it poisoned, and could be parried with. I very much so died to that person.

Wait a sec, you can parry with a LC?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:54 pm

No, but you can with the rapier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:06 am