Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Faith Build Questions

ksac42

Faith Build Questions Empty Faith Build Questions

Post by ksac42 Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:16 pm

I completed the game as a sorcerer the first time and decided to give it another run.

This time I'm going off of a faith build. I know most people make a 120 SL build, but for now I'm just worried about my first playthrough and not the NG+.

How does the following look for a build:

http://mmdks.com/1hn2

Also, with a 30 faith (and only 16 STR), should I go with a divine or lightning claymore?

Note that I enjoy helping others in co-op, but have little desire for PVP.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Faith Build Questions Empty Re: Faith Build Questions

Post by Reaperfan Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:58 pm

First off, welcome to the forums!

Without a set Soul Level in mind, it's hard to give specifics on stats and such. If you're just looking for finishing off a playthrough, I'll assume no higher than Soul Level 80, so with only a few extra levels added in, my changes would end up looking something like this:

http://mmdks.com/1hnx

On to specifics:

If you're willing to spend the points, I recommend pushing Faith to 40. This will put your Ivory Talisman in the sweet-spot where it's most powerful, as well as make a Divine Claymore more powerful than the Lightning Claymore (if you still want to stick at 30 faith, go with the Canvas Talisman and Lightning Claymore instead).

I would also drop an attunement slot. There are only a few miracles you need for PvE, and overcrowding your slots makes it harder to manage your spells and wastes stats. As for the miracles themselves, you don't want to stack up the Lightning Spear miracles. Taking out the lesser one and putting in Emit Force gives you two long-ranged options but also nets you one source of magical and one source of lightning damage so you aren't stuck without options against enemies such as Ornstein who have incredibly high lightning resistance. You also won't be needing Greater Magic Barrier much for PvE, especially with you using a Crest Shield.

Finally, there's no need to have a Pyromancy Flame if you aren't using any Pyromancies. I threw in an Occult Composite Bow with Moonlight Arrows so you could have a fast ranged option, but you could also save a few points in Endurance and just leave the slot empty if you want to.

Anyway, sorry if I seem long-winded, but that's about all I can think of to say on the matter right now. Hope this helps some happy
    LordTransvalence
    LordTransvalence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LordTransvalence Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Also , with 16 strength , will the paladins armor you should have enough defense to be able to use the occult zweihander two handed . With an attack rateing of 675 with 50 faith. Its the most powerfull weapon in the game.
    ksac42

Post by ksac42 Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:55 am

Thank you both for your advice and I bookmarked your build for future reference.

With respect to zweihander, I find it too slow to use. Not my style, which is why I like the claymore better.

Thanks for the advice about the occult bow. I'll go down that route. ONly problem is that last time I tried putting a bow in my left hand it didn't work right because I could hit "y" to equip it in two hands. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

With respect to the armor, I chose the paladin's set but I'm not married to it. Any other suggestions?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:55 am

ksac42 wrote:Thank you both for your advice and I bookmarked your build for future reference.

With respect to zweihander, I find it too slow to use. Not my style, which is why I like the claymore better.

Thanks for the advice about the occult bow. I'll go down that route. ONly problem is that last time I tried putting a bow in my left hand it didn't work right because I could hit "y" to equip it in two hands. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

With respect to the armor, I chose the paladin's set but I'm not married to it. Any other suggestions?

To use a bow in the left hand you have to hit L1 to prime it as opposed to the traditional triangle/Y.

As for the armor, it's very much personal preference. The basic guidelines to follow when deciding what to wear are:

1. Can I move as quickly as I want to?
    2. Do I like how it looks?

Since I can't know what you think looks good, my only advice on that topic would be to consider going with something a little lighter so that you can save points on Endurance. Anything else I say will basically just be different versions of me saying "well I think these armor sets look cool, so you should use those," and that's not very practical advice. As long as you stay within the equip burden weight class you want to be in, just go with what looks cool to you happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:16 am