Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+86
Erebos
Zeta Prime
DaemonNacht
MosquitoPower
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
Anonymous Proxy
densetsushun
Odinbear
Jester's Tears
chantienyee
The_Red_Drifter
befowler
Automancer
Ashran
Relbaic
WaLKA
Marino.
Zyrrashijn
hey its andres
Quarik
Elifia
User1
Hue
Werdax
CarverUpqik
Kyuseishu
Lord Ivan
Flankydizzle
General Bale
gmwdim
Dandy Dude
GaryBlevins
Razz
galson
Dogwelder
raecor14
GravelordTarkus
Baal-Avatar
shadowzninjaz
JamieJae
ninjashifty
Dragon Hat
DemonOfFate
Latitoast
Veradox
BIG TIME MASTER
Ezlare
fujiphoenix
XachAttack
Tchuwib
Naxek
KrazykevS10
Halicarnassis
lalliman
Dusk Soul
ublug
Djem
GenericUsername
LK-8912
EeAyEss
The Letter X
Mr. Tart
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
defacto
Nybbles
Green__Eagle
Muker
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
Acarnatia
Mike5005005
lextune
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
psychichobo
NPCWhiteMage
DeathlyLemons
Peaceful Wollyhop
morte
MistahrFox
Sentiel
Rynn
PlasticandRage
Carphil
WandererReece
Zephryl
90 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 3 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by lextune Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:16 pm

befowler wrote:
    My very first playthrough I had a slab drop off the crystal lizard in the burg outside the Taurus fog gate. I didn't even know what it was or how rare it was, and ended up wasting it on some random piece of armor. I've never had a slab drop since from any lizard.

That is crazy. Do you kill all of them in the great hollow? I am 90+% sure that it is an automatic drop.

....unless I am the luckiest player the game has ever seen. Because I go kill them on EVERY playthrough, (dozens by now), just to "get the slab". It has never not dropped for me.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 3 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by morte Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:42 pm

lextune wrote:
    befowler wrote:
    My very first playthrough I had a slab drop off the crystal lizard in the burg outside the Taurus fog gate. I didn't even know what it was or how rare it was, and ended up wasting it on some random piece of armor. I've never had a slab drop since from any lizard.

That is crazy. Do you kill all of them in the great hollow? I am 90+% sure that it is an automatic drop.

....unless I am the luckiest player the game has ever seen. Because I go kill them on EVERY playthrough, (dozens by now), just to "get the slab". It has never not dropped for me.

I've not seen people get slab drops from the lizards, although it is possible. You're just the luckiest DkS player in history.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:50 pm

Lextune, that's how I thought... Until I killed them all last time, I didn't get one slab. =[
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:51 pm

I've never gotten a slab from the lizards. I wasn't even sure they could drop slabs ._.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Really? Does that apply to mimics as well? Will they drop their headpiece? You can drag Solaire down to the mimic with Havel's Armor.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:45 pm

reim0027 wrote:Really? Does that apply to mimics as well? Will they drop their headpiece? You can drag Solaire down to the mimic with Havel's Armor.

That would be quite convenient, but wouldn't that mimic just drop the occult club?
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:57 pm

inb4 solaire kills hundreds of balder knights for sword drops
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Jansports wrote:inb4 solaire kills hundreds of balder knights for sword drops

I wonder if you can lure him into fighting crystal lizards. That'd be the biggest farming exploit in the game. I'D HAVE SLABS GALORE! twisted
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:44 pm

If you hit a mimic with a Lloyd's talisman it will de-aggro, if you aggro'd it, and allow you to loot it without engaging. After you kill it you have a chance of getting another drop. I just got 2/4 in Anor Londo with 173 item discovery. The drop rate seems to increase if you do it that way. Supposedly, it will occasionally allow you to loot it twice with the Lloyd's trick. But, I lost interest in trying after a while.

edit: I just tried it in Duke's Archives... it worked! Hit it with Lloyd's, then hit it with a fist or catalyst (so you can do it several times without killing it) and hit it with Lloyd's again. You have to let it stand, though, so be careful.
    Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Muker Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:19 am

Probably common knowledge for anyone...
    The boar near the church doesn't have armor on it's a**. Probably because of that, it can be backstabbed.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:41 am

Muker wrote:Probably common knowledge for anyone...
    The boar near the church doesn't have armor on it's a**. Probably because of that, it can be backstabbed.
    or rather a$$stabbed
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:04 am

About Solaire killing things for 100% drop rates, just tested it on the channeler in the depths, nothing happened.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:45 am

You can poison the chest monsters, but why bother?
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am

the two banshees in New Londo Ruins have a grab attack … i had no idea they were so touchy feely.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:18 pm

lextune wrote:
    befowler wrote:

You aren't lucky you are just mistaken.

Crystal Lizards outside of the Great Hollow CANNOT drop titanite Slabs at all. Zero percent chance.

Source: http://darksouls.wikidot.com/crystal-lizard and hundreds of hours of playing Dark Souls and killing crystal lizards.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:33 pm

i've gotten one slab from the first lizard in the burg, explain that. i've also gotten 3 slabs in one run from the hollow lizards.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm surprised i don't use this topic more often. Apparently i know a lot in this game. :|

Or maybe i just never learn...

Either way, i just found out that the Dragon Tooth can be buffed.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:23 pm

FFA arena matches can be set-up instantly when well organized.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:22 pm

The Letter X wrote:FFA arena matches can be set-up instantly when well organized.
    You're welcome, they were very fun <3.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:25 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:i've gotten one slab from the first lizard in the burg, explain that. i've also gotten 3 slabs in one run from the hollow lizards.

. The Great Hallow lizards giving out 3 in one run is generous but nowhere near impossible.

Your mistaken or lying about the slab in the burg

Someone provide a video or screenshot of it and I'll eat my hat.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Crystal Lizards outside of the Great Hollow CANNOT drop titanite Slabs at all. Zero percent chance.

. The Great Hallow lizards giving out 3 in one run is generous but nowhere near impossible.

No really, they CAN drop them. I've gotten a slab from the Darkroot Garden one... so... Yeah, that is all.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:56 pm

Mike5005005 wrote:

No really, they CAN drop them. I've gotten a slab from the Darkroot Garden one... so... Yeah, that is all.

Undead Warriors can drop slabs too! Totally saw it once!! Promise I'm not lying with all my hearts!!!

But seriously, it seems a little odd that this is the first time I'm ever hearing of this and I've never seen one personally after killing every crystal lizard I ever saw. I'm too lazy to farm Twinkling so I always go after them.

But if you guys are super cereal then go change the other wiki: http://darksouls.wikidot.com/crystal-lizard

When they ask for proof, just tell them it's on scouts honor.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Hahaha... "scouts honor". Seriously though, video footage is the best. You know the rule: Pics or it didn't happen.

On the other hand, no need to be so venomous. This needs to get back on topic, so I discovered... that... I'm a better PvP player when I think I suck. It makes me take risks because "I'm going to die anyway." Then I run through some fat-*** who's dead-angling with is MLGS and backstab him. lol!
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:15 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Hahaha... "scouts honor". Seriously though, video footage is the best. You know the rule: Pics or it didn't happen.

I got pretty salty from back when the lore thread about the Braziers was active and people were straight up lying saying they had seen one or more lit. It made a lot of nice people waste a lot of time trying to get them lit on their own end.

But this really doesn't matter. Slabs are really easy to farm now and you get 2 per play through guaranteed with 1-3 more from the Hallow. Plus even if they do drop from the lizards it has to be less than a 1% drop which makes it not really significant.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:20 pm

EeAyEss wrote: This needs to get back on topic, so I discovered... that... I'm a better PvP player when I think I suck. It makes me take risks because "I'm going to die anyway." Then I run through some fat-*** who's dead-angling with is MLGS and backstab him. lol!

Don't believe that you suck, if you believe it enough it will come true. Just be humble and take your success/failure for what it is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:50 pm