Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Carphil
XachAttack
Automancer
Hue
AnCapaillMor
nsane32
EeAyEss
morte
Rynn
Soris Ice Goldwing
densetsushun
GrinTwist
Spurgun
The Letter X
Maneater_Mildred
gmwdim
BeeSeaEss
User1
Mr. Tart
sure-magicians
VaDoom
tinypantha
swordiris
Demon Slayer
barrywilkins
Tolvo
Jester's Tears
BIG TIME MASTER
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Dibsville
34 posters

'Younger' people playing Dark Souls?

morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

'Younger' people playing Dark Souls? - Page 4 Empty Re: 'Younger' people playing Dark Souls?

Post by morte Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:11 pm

What is a quality weapon? I know quality was a DS upgrade path, but it doesn't have a DkS influence, does it?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

'Younger' people playing Dark Souls? - Page 4 Empty Re: 'Younger' people playing Dark Souls?

Post by The Letter X Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:14 pm

People refer to quality weapons as weapons with a C/C scaling in STR/DEX, or similar to that.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:38 pm

So......weapons with crap scaling are "quality?"
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:43 pm

That is where you're wrong. These weapons are intended for people who have high stats in both fields, since 2 C's, which are slightly above middle for scaling equal 1 very high, someone with a +15 of one of these weapons and say, 40/40 is a force to be reckoned with.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:45 pm

^Yes, when two handing a quality scaling weapon with at least 28 STR and 40 DEX, you can get the highest damage in the game in most cases.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:12 pm

Really? Wow. I never knew that before. I'm going to try that out on my next character.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Do it. Quality builds are so much fun.

On topic in the off-topic, I'm 16, going on 17... but I'm not in WWII Germany. I'm also a guy.

When it comes down to kids playing M-rated stuff, it's ok as long as you are deemed "mature enough" by your parents. Not my problem.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Oh yeah, the topic.

I'm 19 and I don't really care about your age group so long as you are mature and respectful enough to be polite.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:16 am

if you under the age of 13 your dead to me tongue
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:54 am

sure-magicians wrote:
    VaDoom wrote:You don't see a lot of 30+ gamers playing Dark Souls, but that doesn't mean they are not here.

I'm here...
    And do your friends (around your age) still keep on playing today?

BeeSeaEss wrote:
    My dad plays Dark Souls, he borrowed Demons Souls
    from his friend not to long afterDeS came out, he was teh one that got
    me and EeAyEss into the series...he's 46 silly
    Your dad is one of many exemples big grin. And I guess he is a very cool man.
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 am

VaDoom wrote:And do your friends (around your age) still keep on playing today?

No they don't, most people I play with are younger then me, the youngest I play with is my son, he is 9 and kills the annoying bosses for me, like Artorias and Manus...
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:15 am

Always be careful with young uns around. On our ts we honeslty thought some dude was trolling until his mom came onto TS and gave out to us, what was funny was some of the dudes on the ts were older than the mother.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:43 am

sure-magicians wrote:
    VaDoom wrote:And do your friends (around your age) still keep on playing today?

No they don't, most people I play with are younger then me, the youngest I play with is my son, he is 9 and kills the annoying bosses for me, like Artorias and Manus...
    I'm kinda disappointed for them (should I?), almost all of my friends do.
    At least having a family didn't stop you. cheers for your 9 yo son 'Younger' people playing Dark Souls? - Page 4 3149687655. A futur beast.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 am

sure-magicians wrote:No they don't, most people I play with are younger then me, the youngest I play with is my son, he is 9 and kills the annoying bosses for me, like Artorias and Manus...

Heh do what my mate does, when he was at work he'd let the young un play BF3 and level up for him. We always knew when the young un was on because there was silence on the teamspeak and he was kicking our butts.

Send him down to new londo farming and tell him "no dinner until you get me a titanite slab".
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 am

^That's terrible, but also genius.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:20 am

Considering the rarity of titanite slabs drops, he could starve to death before getting one.
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:29 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:Send him down to new londo farming and tell him "no dinner until you get me a titanite slab".

I did leave him alone for a while when he was supposed to be co-oping in the Burg at level 20, he enjoys killing Havel, but when I got back he had found a more exciting place to drop his WSS...

He was ganking in the Forest with random hosts who summoned him, and enjoying it.
    I told him that I never go there, and that I personally don't like ganking, after explaining to him what ganking meant.
    He said he wanted to help fight Sif but everyone who summoned him just stayed near the entrance so he did also...
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:33 am

sure-magicians wrote:
    AnCapaillMor wrote:Send him down to new londo farming and tell him "no dinner until you get me a titanite slab".

I did leave him alone for a while when he was supposed to be co-oping in the Burg at level 20, he enjoys killing Havel, but when I got back he had found a more exciting place to drop his WSS...

He was ganking in the Forest with random hosts who summoned him, and enjoying it.
    I told him that I never go there, and that I personally don't like ganking, after explaining to him what ganking meant.
    He said he wanted to help fight Sif but everyone who summoned him just stayed near the entrance so he did also...
    Awh, give the kid a break, he didn't understand what was going on. silly But just to be safe, you should give him his own user on the PS3 and his own PSN ID to play on, so you don't get a reputation for ganking silly
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Aww, the threads's no longer about cats.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Strangely, in my country, where people aren't very picky about their games, and like to stick with games they grew with (san andreas, fifa, PES and some more PS2 stuff, or strategy games, WoW and Dofus for the smarter, undead ones), or overhyped mainstream **** (AC3, Tomb Raider, BO2 *shivers*, God Of War), or don't play games at all, or have never used a PC, or anything more than a PS2, surprisingly, in my new highschool, mostly populated by people who come from places that look like this(smaller, with less bricks and more leaning houses about to collapse), i could find at least 5 people who play Dark Souls, of course, most of them don't enjoy it a lot (see above for details), but that's still 5 people of my age in one of the crappiest places of one of the crappiest cities in a country in one of the crappiest continents, who know about, and tried to play Dark Souls

TL;DR: Dark Souls is rather well-known, and certainly most popular among 14-20 year olds

But i doubt many of them register an account on a non-official forum that doesn't say Dark Souls anywhere in the title, and go to the offtopic section to stumble upon this thread and write this^ rant to make you realize that
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:02 am

I introduced my 16 year old cousin to Dark Souls but sadly she was too frightened by the dark atmosphere of the game. She really cried when she saw me kill those 3 cats in Darkroot. Made me feel really bad inside. =(

I'm 21 and i usually play with my 28 year old fiancee so the age range appears to be really big.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:08 am

At least you didn't have to talk to Gwynevere with her there and explain it.

"What's with the lady with the Giant Boobs?"

"It's not about the boobs, she's a princess that you save, but an illusion and, ug it's hard to explain."

"Why does she have giant breasts?"

"IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BREASTS I SWEAR!"
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:43 am

Tolvo wrote:At least you didn't have to talk to Gwynevere with her there and explain it.

"What's with the lady with the Giant Boobs?"

"It's not about the boobs, she's a princess that you save, but an illusion and, ug it's hard to explain."

"Why does she have giant breasts?"

if only off-topic rep counted....
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:44 am

Oh, but it is. Dibs should know just as well as me.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:38 pm

I've never really thought about it. As long as they aren't a douche and have enough sense to learn from things, I don't care how old they are.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:02 pm