Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
PwnasauresRex
zwanzig-tausend
Icegodzilla
Comrade Sparkle
ResIsBestStat
VMatrixX
Ahhotep1
DaemonNacht
DigitaLinsanitY
Paragon
Hugh_G_Johnson
Squashy_Avocado
swordiris
Soris Ice Goldwing
Zerounknown
JamieJae
billy_bayonet
Latitoast
Jwebby6
User1
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
26 posters

Messengers of Velka Rise.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Messengers of Velka Rise. - Page 41 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri May 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Hugh can you, luvz or someone on your side mention this to Sword? I don't know when he comes back but I rather give him a early notice this than just telling him when he comes back. As for now lets try to use the chat for a bit near the end of this thread.
    JamieJae
    JamieJae
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by JamieJae Fri May 31, 2013 3:54 pm

If its needed make an off-Topic section for anything else?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri May 31, 2013 4:09 pm

I highly doubt we need an off-topic section for this insane.
    JamieJae
    JamieJae
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by JamieJae Fri May 31, 2013 4:19 pm

anywho anorlando is a bit slow, getting a bunch of people trying to tank a DMB+3 die withing 2-4 pokes from ricards beauty of an R2
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri May 31, 2013 4:29 pm

How was New Londo?
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Ok I am back sorta. On the bus on my crappy phone. Just glad to be back.

I will prepare a new thread once I can sit back in my desktop. Just like to say again I'm proud of all of you. We are doing a great job.
    zwanzig-tausend
    zwanzig-tausend
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zwanzig-tausend Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Okay, officially finished my mission in the butterfly forest. Had lotsa fun there. XD

First couple invasions, the psn names gave away a huge ego, funny that these failed the hardest.
    The first one I invaded sent me a message, it just said "lol" and I replied "The Guilty Pay The Price". His reply: "Indeed they do". ROFL too bad, almost thought I succeeded on my quest for hate mail. XD

Second was a Lautrec cosplay who realised he could not challenge me an rolled off... only to be killed by trees.

Later on, I met a bs fishing troll who waited at the three trees guarding the soul. Realising I saw him in spite of the fog ring, he went flipping off to the bf where he activated twop which I countered with iron flesh and obsidian gs 2hr2. He flipped away again and into the basin, up at havel's tower. He jumped onto the rocks right of the stairs and I actually was forced to take off my armour. After putting it back on and feeding him with an avelyn salvo, he jumped down and flipped away again. I didn't bother rushing, I knew he was WAY quicker, so I went back down the way I went up without any damage. He waited for me on the platform with the crystal lizard, this time actually carrying armour. Still a flipping flipper, he came at me without buffing or giving me a buff chance and I ended this fight in the same manner as he wanted to: with a bs.

Later I invaded someone and had a very obvious reason to mock him after winning. Result: TOTAL SUCCESS on my quest for hate mail. XD
    Oh, and he had maxed out stats and instant cast karmic justice with a catalyst. Not to forget invincibility and unlimited sunlight spears.
    BTW, the only spear that hit me was a lag hit. winking

Another player tried fog ring again. Was past the two trees ambush on the way from parish to the bf waiting for me to walk past. Instantly found the player who rolled and fell off, surviving the fall and fighting that tadpole rather than running from my plunging attack...

The second last had an obsidian greatsword like me. He tried to attack me right after I spawned but backed away in fear when the stone armour of havel became an iron armour. XD

After that, I couldn't get the last invasion for about half an hour. If it hadn't been for the wait, the mission would've lasted less than an hour. However, after that last invasion was the FIRST TIME EVER I had to repair my Dark Hand as I tanked a full load of Pursuers with it. XD
    He was using a balder side sword. It's but a toy against Iron Havel.

...so yeah, loads of fun from fighting failtrolls and other stupid players. XD

Welcome back, Sword! Hugh already sent me on two missions (first PW, second Darkroot Garden) which I both completed now.
    I heard you have a knack for stories and storytelling. Maybe you'll want to read my introduction bit for Iron Havel which I posted here before going on the first mission.

Last edited by zwanzig-tausend on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : rule conformity)
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Hey 20 it is against the forum rules to post the names of hackers and such. You need to edit that out.

Welcome back Sword! This have been going good here.
    zwanzig-tausend
    zwanzig-tausend
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zwanzig-tausend Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Yeah, thanks Goldwing. Just got carried away. xD
    Edited it now.

Also, once Sword assigns me for a mission, I am ready to get to it. Except for Sunday where I won't be on.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:41 pm

I am currently casually invading in Painted World. Really slow day for me, but everyone I´ve invaded has been dumb and... Dumb
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Tehdoomgrasp wrote:I am currently casually invading in Painted World. Really slow day for me, but everyone I´ve invaded has been dumb and... Dumb
    That may be the trend with the painted world. I mean really what the heck is going on there? Bring about all of us and twelve Darkwraiths and the place would be dead.
    zwanzig-tausend
    zwanzig-tausend
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zwanzig-tausend Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Yep. Except for trolls, all you find there are players where you would think they only recently started playing.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:49 pm

It´s quite dead here right now...
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:19 pm

sup people sorry i haven't been on much. I got really into with dragons dogma and forgot to check the forums. anything going on that i should know about. Also i checked my messages and the one about the event looked pretty cool
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:25 pm

Tehdoomgrasp wrote:It´s quite dead here right now...
    I call that a victory for us.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Welcome back, Sword! Hope you had a great trip. You've got two PMs from me concerning the event.

@ 20; Well, done! Also, if Sword doesn't send you somewhere else before you're ready to go, do the Demon Ruins.

@ Iceman; good lookin' out!

@ Godzilla; welcome back to you too. :razz:

I'd like to get some people in the chat to discuss a date and promotion for the event. Luvz and I discussed recording some matches for the OP, but since we can't record... I'm thinking it be better to just make a thread and perhaps edit in some footage later. That might help us find someone to record it and any video are stream could have a link to the event.

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:47 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    Tehdoomgrasp wrote:I am currently casually invading in Painted World. Really slow day for me, but everyone I´ve invaded has been dumb and... Dumb
    That may be the trend with the painted world. I mean really what the heck is going on there? Bring about all of us and twelve Darkwraiths and the place would be dead.

Hmmmm, It's slow in the Painted World for Darkmoon's? Sin must be at an all time low. That is good!

As for "dumb and...dumb" I am curious. At what soul level are you guys invading. We are getting quite a few low level newbies coming through.

The Japanese are still there in the wee hours of the morning (CST). Most are anything but dumb. Though a few "regulars" love to chain back-stab way too much.

It is interesting how the "quester" profile changes yet demonstrates a "herding" type of behavior.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Ahhotep1 Last time there I was a 110 and none of the guys.....and I mean none of the people I invaded were hard to kill, nor were fun. At 36 dex with a +4 chaos blade I won fights in five one hand r1 hits. I don't know why but I think the mentality has shifted to a questing area than a dueling area. Also does killing Priscilla give sin?
    zwanzig-tausend
    zwanzig-tausend
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zwanzig-tausend Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Killing Priscilla is a permanent Sin.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Ahhotep1 Last time there I was a 110 and none of the guys.....and I mean none of the people I invaded were hard to kill, nor were fun. At 36 dex with a +4 chaos blade I won fights in five one hand r1 hits. I don't know why but I think the mentality has shifted to a questing area than a dueling area. Also does killing Priscilla give sin?

Well, It was never a general dueling area similar to The Pit or the Moonpit or several of the other common areas. It has usually been more LH/Exiled Cove focused other then events such as our tourney's. Which, I am happy to say I will be starting up again. The first one will be the "Class Warfare" Tourney.

And as I said, Quester Profile changes or shifts. And like "birds of a feather...(they tend to) flock together" LOL

As to whether or not one gains sin by killing Priscilla...honestly, I can not give a definitive answer. The question has been asked before.
    There is no documentation that states that, nor any player statements supporting it. She is an official game "boss" whose soul is required to craft the Lifehunt Scythe and that Unique Weapon is needed to go platinum. Though one can seek a pardon. Personally, I think no sin is gained.
    zwanzig-tausend
    zwanzig-tausend
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zwanzig-tausend Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:40 pm

She isn't a "real" boss, she is optional just like Gwyndolin. Sure, both have trophies when defeated, both have something you greedy person WANT and... both are those you don't have to fight. Priscilla even asks you to leave. How is it not a sin to attack or even kill someone who wishes not to fight? Other than greed, there's no reason to fight either.
    Both are constituted as sin. I happen to have been invaded by Blades of the Dark Moon in the DLC after killing Gwyndolin and Priscilla. I did not otherwise commit sin before as I haven't been in the Darkwraith Covenant or killing NPC's. Also, at least wikidot states for both that it is sin.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:51 pm

The way I see it if you attack a boss first then it is your fault. As in legal that is murder. Face it killing her should count as a sin as it is murder. But if anyone wants to test this is welcome to.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:03 pm

People do duel in the Painted World; I've seen people camp at the floor of the Harpie Tower and summon RSSs/wait for invaders. I find people will often stop dueling there and gank darkmoons, though. It might be a Japanese thing, though... like Ahho I'm often there at peak Japanese hours and it seems to be almost exclusively Japanese people.

As for Priscilla; killing her is sin. However, I used to do it every play-through and I never have sin. So it is definitely absolvible.

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:06 pm

zwanzig-tausend wrote:She isn't a "real" boss, she is optional just like Gwyndolin. Sure, both have trophies when defeated, both have something you greedy person WANT and... both are those you don't have to fight. Priscilla even asks you to leave. How is it not a sin to attack or even kill someone who wishes not to fight? Other than greed, there's no reason to fight either.
    Both are constituted as sin. I happen to have been invaded by Blades of the Dark Moon in the DLC after killing Gwyndolin and Priscilla. I did not otherwise commit sin before as I haven't been in the Darkwraith Covenant or killing NPC's. Also, at least wikidot states for both that it is sin.

It was not a question of right or wrong, greed or non-greed. It was simply a question of whether the act gains or does not gain sin. Ethic's can be left for another discussion. winking

However, I would very much appreciate a link to that wikidot information as I am curious as to what it says. biggrin
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:09 pm

By the way Hugh how is the event coming along?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 pm