Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
destutiodaemonis
sure-magicians
slowturtles
xB_WEEZYx
Wilkinson3424
Agent0range
Grimoire
Scryer569
Latitoast
NinjaVanish
Jovias-86
DigitaLinsanitY
Paragon
VMatrixX
Murkulanvippi
Jansports
Dibsville
Forum Pirate
mackofspades
twilightwarwolf
BeeSeaEss
Ahhotep1
Hokucho
billy_bayonet
FattyOfDoom
Ariamis
User1
eclipse prince
SystemZero
Seth Winternight
Artorias The Abyss Walker
WaLKA
Vechy
AshLumi
metalfan95
shadowzninjaz
ResIsBestStat
robsthedon
FinPeku
Demon Slayer
44 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Three: United We Stand!!

twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS!  Epoch Three:  United We Stand!! - Page 40 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Three: United We Stand!!

Post by twilightwarwolf Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:05 am

hey jans care to help me with a build? There are only two things that need to be there the Great axe and it needs to be faith for magic. here it is
    http://mmdks.com/2ng4

btw hows my new avatar pic guys XD
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS!  Epoch Three:  United We Stand!! - Page 40 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Three: United We Stand!!

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:56 am

twilightwarwolf wrote:hey jans care to help me with a build? There are only two things that need to be there the Great axe and it needs to be faith for magic. here it is

Anime stamps! Coming soon, I'm sure! LOL
    It's cool looking TW winking

BTW, I will be editing the Exiled Roster sometime today. Row Call is Closed.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:10 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:hey jans care to help me with a build? There are only two things that need to be there the Great axe and it needs to be faith for magic. here it is

http://mmdks.com/2npo

With gmb you don't need magic defense, and you'll never get of both a self and weapon buff, and gmb is the better self buff.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:43 pm

http://mmdks.com/2ntl

Unlike Pirate I think (and have) been able to get both a weapon and a self buff on before a fight broke out, and I think being able to choose replenishment (which can essentially just be 600 extra health) is worth the small investment of 2 attune. I also like MoM as physical defense starts to diminish in returns past 350 while the build hits 400 anyhow at 99 manatees.

The main change, is that when you're willing to accept midrolling Havel's 95% of the time becomes better than wolf's. as it becomes trivial to hit and surpass even the highest breakpoint, and havel's offers the side effect of increased defense as well as poise.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:24 am

Jansports wrote:http://mmdks.com/2ntl

Unlike Pirate I think (and have) been able to get both a weapon and a self buff on before a fight broke out, and I think being able to choose replenishment (which can essentially just be 600 extra health) is worth the small investment of 2 attune. I also like MoM as physical defense starts to diminish in returns past 350 while the build hits 400 anyhow at 99 manatees.

The main change, is that when you're willing to accept midrolling Havel's 95% of the time becomes better than wolf's. as it becomes trivial to hit and surpass even the highest breakpoint, and havel's offers the side effect of increased defense as well as poise.

Swap giant gauntlets to havels for 91 poise.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Thanks for the help guys I'll look at them all and try to improve mine.
    EDIT: ok so i fixed it up a bit and just want to thank you all again for the help.This build is gonna be fun i can feel it XD
    Here is what i came up with http://mmdks.com/2o8y
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Member Roster edit will be up soon...not been myself last few days. Headaches finally stopped. whew

That pole was hard!! LOL
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:30 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:Thanks for the help guys I'll look at them all and try to improve mine.
    EDIT: ok so i fixed it up a bit and just want to thank you all again for the help.This build is gonna be fun i can feel it XD
    Here is what i came up with [url=http://mmdks.com/2o8y
    gmbreplenish]http://mmdks.com/2o8y[/quote]gmb>replenish[/url]. Replenish is useful more of the time granted, but gmb completely dominates any fight where it has a purpose. On top of that, you have to get hit before replenish does anything, and then it heals over time, where gmb just renders attacks it affects useless.

The divine crossbow is a pile of crap. Split damage.

Lastly, go dragon or go midroll. As great as the fast roll is, its not worth the 35 poise (especially with such a slow weapon) and the greataxe is too heavy for a hybrid to fastroll with decent poise
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:47 pm

I see where your going but im sticking to this. Gmb has to be against the correct person otherwise its useless where replenishment is against anyone and seeing as I get hit in every fight I'd rather heal against anyone.

My crossbow won't be crap and if it is any elemental is by that logic then. Besides I have it there to also deal some magic instead of just physical which for the most part can just be blocked completely by almost any shield. And it also has range purposes that I didn't have without it.

lastly I won't go dragon so I have no resistances let alone defense and only able to have wolf for poise which will make me get stunlocked more often than not and die because i have no defenses.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:37 am

If you absolutely have to fastroll with a weapon like the Greataxe (swings slow) you are almost required to use wolf's to get your poise up. And if you want Elemental damage from a crossbow go lightning + lightning bolts. Remember the weapon AND ammo has to have the damage type for it to be as effective as possible (hence chaos bows with fire arrows, occult/enchanted with moonlight and of course lightning crossbows)

I'd do something like this http://mmdks.com/2okn

GMB really really is a monster when you use it though. I love replenishment to death, but GMB makes some fights so one sided it's almost not fun anymore.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Pure damage is almost always better than split. There are a few exceptions, and all of those involve split scaling and/or low stats, like the examples jan gave the damage is best when concentrated in 1 type over another.

Replenish is useful more of the time, but really who runs pure physical builds? Even at sl 100 its mostly casters, int hybrids (usually just enough for gmw/cmw/db) or hornet ring builds and gmb will shut down the magic of all 3. What happens when you use replenish against these builds is they kill you in 1 or 2 1300+ damage hits wether you have replenish or not.

I'm not saying don't have replenish, it is useful, I'm saying that if you have the faith for it, and you don't have gmb, you're doing it wrong.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:50 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:Thanks for the help guys I'll look at them all and try to improve mine.
    Here is what i came up with http://mmdks.com/2o8y

Why not swap grass crest for Sanctus along with replenishment would be quite useful.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Everyone! Please welcome another new member to Our Forum Community and to the Exiled of Ariamis!!

!!Welcome!!

Lucania101710

cheers

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:48 pm

A new thread is in order very soon...like in the next few days! lol!

Member Roster will be updated then.

Coffee!

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Welcome Lucania!
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:16 pm

WELCOME LUCANIA!!!!!!!!
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Check out this latest addition to OP. If there are any omissions please forgive the oversight and pm me! biggrin

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t19608-the-exiled-of-ariamis-epoch-three-united-we-stand#384141
    AshLumi
    AshLumi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AshLumi Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Welcome Lucania
    AlphaTrol
    AlphaTrol
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AlphaTrol Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Welcome Lucania! Proper Bow
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:56 pm

OK!! Everyone Refrain from posting until new thread is up!!!

THANKS

cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:49 am