Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Automancer
The Letter X
reim0027
OrnsteinBro
8 posters

Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag - Page 2 Empty Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

Post by Automancer Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:42 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:When in hell did OP say anything about him using heavy weapons? Look Skyward
    I stated what to do with heavy weapons AND fast weapons. He never stated his weapon type, so I put what you should do with both. Well What is it

In that case, get ready to be roll bsed, then. Well What is it
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag - Page 2 Empty Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

Post by The Letter X Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Automancer wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:Whenever someone has tried to mid roll or fat roll out of my attack, I always get them. Not with fast roll though.

Deal with it.

Don't deal with it, do something about it like learning rushdown.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Automancer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:When in hell did OP say anything about him using heavy weapons? Look Skyward
    I stated what to do with heavy weapons AND fast weapons. He never stated his weapon type, so I put what you should do with both. Well What is it

In that case, get ready to be roll bsed, then. Well What is it
    Roll BSing an attack that goes 360 degrees around you?
    Good luck. Look Skyward
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:57 pm

Bad luck. 360 attacks make #swag.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:36 pm

invincibility frame abuse
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:36 am

Dibsville wrote:If you're using heavy weapons, use the rolling R1. I'm a DEX user myself, and until recently when I found a way to counter it, rolling R1's would always get me. If you're using a fast weapon yourself, bait them into wasting all their stamina, that will be your chance to attack.

I'm using dex weapons (heaviest one I use is probably the claymore/flamberge?). How do you bait them into wasting their stamina?

Especially for the players who are very cautious when you run up to them, they'll only hit once and then flip away. And only when you flip away do they unload on your invisible lagging hitbox for an easy kill from across the screen.

RenegadeCop wrote:I hear the hit sounds a lot on people who are rolling, but they never take any damage. Is that them abusing the invincibility frames?

I wouldn't call it 'abusing invincibility frames', more like 'basic dodging'. Never be tricked by the hit sounds, I find I get more damage on enemies when triggering the shield 'clank' sound than when triggering the 'splat' clean hit sound, and that's even when not dead angling.

Sometimes it's also possible to proc lag and force them to take damage on recovery even though you attacked before they entered the roll. I'm not entirely sure how it works though, I can't get it consistently at all but the Katana running R1 does this more than any other weapon (they'll DWGR flip away and be like 20m across the screen and then you hear the 'boompf' hit effect, the 'ugh' stagger sound and they'll bend over, poise broken by your invisible hit). The bad thing is they're often too far away to be hit by a follow-up.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:37 am

OrnsteinBro wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:If you're using heavy weapons, use the rolling R1. I'm a DEX user myself, and until recently when I found a way to counter it, rolling R1's would always get me. If you're using a fast weapon yourself, bait them into wasting all their stamina, that will be your chance to attack.

I'm using dex weapons (heaviest one I use is probably the claymore/flamberge?). How do you bait them into wasting their stamina?

Especially for the players who are very cautious when you run up to them, they'll only hit once and then flip away. And only when you flip away do they unload on your invisible lagging hitbox for an easy kill from across the screen.

Spamming ranged attacks is a good way to drain someone's stamina. It's also a way to draw your opponent in for melee. You'll have to monitor your distance, to make sure that you'll be close enough to capitalize, yet not close enough to get roll BS'ed. Using poison knives or arrows, or throwing dung pies will force your opponent to waste stamina or get inflicted. A poisoned or toxic opponent will often get flustered and perhaps overly aggressive, especially if you start kiting and/or tanking. Tanking against overly aggressive opponents in general will obviously drain their stamina. However, against the hit and flip guys don't try to counter like you normally would. Block any attacks and just follow their rolls without trying to hit them, save your stamina and let them burn theirs. I find a rapier is great for hitting ninjas between flips. If you off hand the rapier you can stun them with few quick hits, then use your main weapon to deal some major damage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:45 am