Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+50
SirArchmage
Hatsune Miku
Halicarnassis
Rynn
GenericUsername
Onion Knight
Marino.
Conrack
ResIsBestStat
EverlastingRat
Ezlare
Johnthethird
hey its andres
Zeta Prime
nsane32
Reaperfan
XachAttack
Jester's Tears
ADirtySlate
Latitoast
Forum Pirate
skarekrow13
Virulas
WaLKA
Mr. Tart
Carphil
BeeSeaEss
EeAyEss
swordiris
255gecko
Serious_Much
OmegaX105
tinypantha
The Letter X
User1
VaDoom
Hue
AnCapaillMor
BIG TIME MASTER
Noob-of-Artorias
DemonOfFate
Flankydizzle
GrinTwist
RANT
Tchuwib
Tolvo
Dibsville
KrazykevS10
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Soris Ice Goldwing
54 posters

The story behind your username

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The story behind your username Empty The story behind your username

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:50 pm

I am curious about the story of all of your usernames here on the forum. Sure some of you made it the same as your GT, PSN ID, or whatever you use on PC but what about you who did not? There must be a story or reason why you did so share it.

Soris Goldwing came from an imaginary knight I made up when I was younger. The humble knight who heped those who needed it and was honorable unlike some of his corrupt knights. He would take a position of power, preferring to travel the roads and move from place to place. I figured in a game like Dark Souls an knight with honor would be a good idea here and my GT. Ice is my favorite thing as I like the cold and winter, my favorite season.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The story behind your username Empty Re: The story behind your username

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Why do you live in Florida then? silly

Oh, and my username is pretty self-explanatory, I think. Liked your story about the imaginary knight though, Soris.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Mine may be the same as my gamertag but I have a long and dramatic story behind it...

My name is Kevin and I'm bonkers. :shock:
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:29 pm

We have a place here that serves Dibs, tiny balls of ice cream, you'd get a cup with thousands of them in it. Delicious.
    I was obsessed with naming my characters "Town" or "Village/Ville" at the time.
    I put them together.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:41 pm

A name that is the question that will never be answered, Dibs (how did I not see that) and Krazy. I like how that goes.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:45 pm

It's my real life nick name. Tolvo is who I am, I am more Tolvo than I am Max.

During my sophmore year of highschool at the start I knew nobody. Someone I knew in Junior High had a group of friends and during lunch brought me to them to eat lunch with them and get to know them. A senior there, Lance, stood up when I arrived. He pointed at me, then yelled aloud for all the cafeteria to hear. "You look like a Tolvo!" I've had that name ever since.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 am

Mine come from a long way back. At first when I started to roam the internet, get email address and started online game, I went by the name "Toubib" or "ToubibMaster" when it was taken. It mean a sort of doctor pretty much and at that time I was studying in that departement, the science of health. But that's when my new University buddy got me into the world of Starcraft and made me learn the rope of this game.

That's when my new and final name, no matter where I sign up, is always "Tchuwib". The story was that I was learning the game and didn't know anything yet. And those bastard was not teaching in the fair sens. They trow me into the game and made me learn the hard way XD. But they did do a few co-op at first and stuff like that, but eventually turned into backstab that we loved to play on each other silly. So, anyway, when I came to start playing with the protoss, even if they said that it was harder for a newbie to play. I enjoyed the fact of those little robot doing work for me. At that time I didn't know their name, but that's how I made mine. We were playing a friendly game and getting my *** kick like the newb I was (also, we were playing in the computer room of the university. So we were all next to each other and able to speak quickly). So my friend told me to run away into is base and start fresh in the hope to salvage in the long run. I've drag and sent all that I had into is base. Then micro manage what I had left of army to help. When the smoke fell down I tried to search for the probe left alive in my friend base but didn't find it. That when I said it for the first time "Anybody seen my tchuwib around?". They looked at me with a WTF face. We started laughing.
    "What do you mean a tchuwib?"
    "Well, that's all I know about them. They make that little noise when I move them around"

Proof of sound 0:08 second

So since then, the name stuck when we were playing and I've mastered as best as I could the protoss race. I never change that name after and it was really representitif for me. The good thing also about it is that nobody else use it and it's a proper noum it's in own make up way. Going as some NaRuToFaN-1365 just feel bah for me. It's so much more familiar to have a real name for the internet big grin
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:20 am

Rant s my favourite book from Chuck Palahniuk (my favourite author), pygmy is a really close second.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:50 am

Non-fictional origin: Originally I always liked well-thought out movie twists. You know the ones that actually surprised you and made sense without you facepalming at how stupid it was.

It wasn't until one day that me and one of my friends saw a horror movie that had a sudden "grim" twist at the end. Guess what? It was a terrible twist and the movie, after re-watching it, isn't that good either. However, I did like the idea of grim twists.

Eventually, I started thinking about how both "Grin" and "Grim" sound and look very similar and instead of naming myself "Grimtwist" I chose "Grintwist" to sound less obvious.

Viola.

Fictional origin: A long time ago, a little boy was born to a three headed snake bear that lived on the mountains of the arctic. When this baby was born it was cast aside from it's mother at the age of 6 and left to be raised by nature who took little care of him. It wasn't until the age of 12 that this young boy found a civilization that accepted him called "Getoutofmyhouse".

Ever since that day the boy lived with the people of "Getouofmyhouse" and eventually picked his own name to go by. That name was Grintwist.

It wasn't until 2 years ago I came across Grintwist and killed him so I could take his title. Thus I now call myself Grintwist over the internet.

Everything works out in the end, except for Grintwist.
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:03 am

Used to play CSS a lot and called myself flanK as in attacking enemies from the sides where they don't expect it, etc.... The dizzle part came from Snoop Lion I guess!
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:06 am

Mine came to me not only because i thought it sounded cool, but i'm a religious man and i believe that everything has a reason behind it, doesn't matter if we see the reason or not, there's a reason. So i've had people in my life who have done things, albeit rather harsh things that i believe have changed me to the young man i am today.

I believe that i am better because i learned many things at a rather young age. I'm no longer in contact to these people because as i said, they did harsh things. Honestly i have forgiven them but they never bothered to try and do anything to become my friend again, so whatever, not like i lost anything.

So i honestly believe in the back of my head when i thought up my username (This was a little bit around the time all this was happening) that this was in the back of my head and this user reflected upon them.

So my username is made up after Jerks who changed me for the better i believe.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:29 am

I'm a Noob...there's your answer....

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:31 am

You don't ask the BIG TIME MASTER about his name, he ask you!
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:54 am

An = The

Capaill = Horse

Mor = Big

TheBigHorse, i know its thehorsebig but irish is weird that way. Oh yeah everyone even in work calls me Horse. Nicknames are farely big here, call me by my first name and someone would go who?, say horse and they'll go why didn't you say that.

My alter ego is AnAsalBeag, the little donkey.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:36 am

^Sounds like fun

For me, it's a generic nickname you can give to most names that have 2 syllables,
    Kinda like when you add "y" or "ie" in english (bobby, timmy, cassie...)
    Hichem ==> Hachouma in arabic, and the "ch" is pronounced like "sh"

I also like to call every character in every game i play "Jedi", because i'm that creative
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:11 am

My real name is Vadim.
    It's pronounced V-add-him (without the "h" actually).
    Some of my friends call me Vadoum (pronounced Vadoom), because it sounds kinda funny in french.
    It also remember them of "Badoumba"
    (see it to understand. I'm pretty sure it comes from something else, but I don't remember what)
    Badoumba
    Some would just say me "Vadoum Ba" instead or saying "hi", or just at random times.

My PSN ID comes from the washing powder "Le Chat Méga-Perles" (The Cat Mega-Pearls)
    I find it funny because "perle" is a word that can be used to replace "fart" in a "cute" way.
    So, It's like "Mega Fart ❤".

My GFWL ID comes from the french dubbed version of Futurama. It's something that Bender uses often.
    It means "Gang of lames!" and my little brother and I use it a lot when we go full retards mode, making fun of everything and everyone, doing stupid things (like rolling on the floor while watching others with a big smile and creeping them out).
    "Hahaha, Bande de nazes!!!!"
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:47 am

My name mainly came from Cave Story. My favourite character in Cave Story is Curly Brace, who is a robot soldier like you, sent to kill all of the Mimiga. The robot's were seen as a form of police on the surface. But, about 1/3 through the game, you find Curly, looking after Mimiga in a shelter. She thinks you were sent to kill them, not free of the leader's control, and attempts to kill you. When you best her, she apologises, and if you say that you don't want to kill the Mimiga, she reveals that she turned against being a tyrannical 'police' robot long ago, hence my old avatar, and the name 'RenegadeCop'.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:35 am

When I first got into online gaming, there was a rumor that a group of hackers was going around terrorizing new players. The leader of that group was nicknamed "X," and I thought it was the coolest alias to go by.

I really wasn't thinking about it at the time of choosing my gamertag, but I have a feeling that it influenced me greatly.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:45 am

I got my name from a old friend of mine back when i was playing runescape (hipster) at the age of like 6. His name was something like tinypuma and I copied to tinypantha when i was making my steam and xbox live accounts. Tinypantha is almost never pronounced though, most people just say tiny or pantha or very immature names that play off the tiny and the p.
    OmegaX105
    OmegaX105

Post by OmegaX105 Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:15 am

I want to hear the story behind Emergences and Fexs user ^_^ But for me "Omega" sounded pretty cool. And the "X105" part was because omega is alllwaaaysss taken... But omega is the last letter of the Greek Alphabet and im the last thing my opponents see hence "I am Omega. I am the End"
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:31 am

I had to use something other than my PSN name for certain reasons, and I just thought up serious_much as a kinda ironic jab.

Thats as in detail as I can go into though silly
    255gecko
    255gecko

Post by 255gecko Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:04 am

My name has kind of a long story and really wasn't my idea, it was more or less forced on to me. When I used to actually play on my PS3, rather than use it as a Blu-Ray player, I made my first PSN account and named it something stupid, then later that week, my Dad made an account on it as well and when he was picking his avatar to use, he found the weird mummy thing and said it looked like a mummified gecko, so really my username is because of my dad, but I didn't get start using it as a name until I got my Xbox and used my dad's account because I didn't have one at the time, or my own xbox so I used to sit in his room playing on his account and added my friends on it so I could play with them. Because his Xbox and PSN name where the same, whenever I joined a party thay always used to say "Hey Geckooooooj", using the "J" at the end as it is one of my initials. After that, I got my own Xbox and used my PSN name for that as well, as I couldn't think of anything else, but the still called my Geckooooj no matter how much it pissed me off so in the end I bought MS points and changed my name to that, just so it wouldn't annoy me and ever since, any name change has had the word gecko in it as I've grown attached to it. The 255 part just came to me when I was making my YouTube account as my other name was too long and for some reason it wouldn't let me have anything without numbers so its just stuck with me if I need to make an account on a forum or website.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:22 pm

My name comes from Blazblue. Rachel Alucard is my favorite game character and has an attack named "sword iris" that sends lightning from the sky. It is a very powerful zoning move and one I can use very well.

The first forum I joined was the Blazblue forum where I adopted the name swordiris, after this fantasic command move. I use it as my username for websites.

It reflects my playstyle in competitive games I play, careful zoning.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:44 pm

My psn and forum name is basically the phonetic(?) spelling of my initials.

EeAyEss
    E.A.S.

Well What is it
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Where did the extra e, y and s' come from?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:17 am