Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
tinypantha
Nccbd
hey its andres
goober0331
domesplitter13
dancash1808
DxV04
White Knight Wulf
xRamenatorx
Tolvo
Bowdownbe4me
Latitoast
Brokewilly
Lord of Ash
divinebeanpole
dethcurl
XuitusTheGreat
DaemonNacht
SATLOS
User1
AdamantzZ3R0
The Letter X
Juutas
Mrfragglez
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MrDynogames
31 posters

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 10 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:41 pm

they can just toss me a friend request and well duel wen their on
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 10 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by DxV04 Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:they can just toss me a friend request and well duel wen their on

he means a death note
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Brokewilly wrote:Ok people - I need to see if any of the confirmed combatants (Wolf, Letter X, Dyno, Ramen, etc) can schedule some duels with the following players who would like to participate in the tourney

- AdamantzZ3R0 (XLN Tag: Z3R0 DREAMS)
    - billionthswine187 (XLN Tag: BillionthSwine)
    - Harrynewgas (XLN Tag: thezombieharry)
    - Mrfragglez (XLN Tag: darkchaos669)
    - XuitusTheGreat (XLN Tag: XuitusTheGreat)
    - bameegatrops (XLN Tag: DivineBeanpole)
    - DaemonNacht (XLN Tag: xDaemonNachtx)
    - RenegadeCop (XLN Tag: KNIFE4LIFE32)
    - Dethcurl (XLN Tag: Dethcurl)

Ive played AdamantzZ (his name sin now zerodreams on live)- hes actually pretty good
    Xuitus- ive faced him aswell and he is also good
    Daemon- ive played him but cant rember the fights so need some more matches with him
    Knife4life- faced him in a FC but it was dark anor londo so need some more matches with him

Havent played the others- if any of you want to pvp add me on live xRamenatorx

Last edited by xRamenatorx on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:33 pm

When would these duels be happening?
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:35 am

MrDynogames wrote:When would these duels be happening?

If you add those players on xbox live then whenever you and whoever you want to fight decide on haha. Unless you wanted to get a bunch of people together in the moonpit cheers then we could try to set somethin up
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:14 am

why would you give away your play style before the contest??? Unless you end up using a different toon on that day.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:49 pm

DxV04 wrote:why would you give away your play style before the contest??? Unless you end up using a different toon on that day.

Well I'm not trying to get some deep insight into a person's play style (i.e. tactics, methods, etc) per se - just want to know if the player will go "full hollow" after a loss for example LOL. I want to keep the tourney fun yet competitive - I want participants to win but I also don't want a player to become salty due to a loss. Respect of your opponent (and vice versa) is what I'm trying to achieve. Some players cannot handle a loss very well even though losing is part of the game. That is why only "known" quantities (either known by me directly or by players I know who have good judegelemt) are currently on confirmed list.I'm not trying to be exclusive or anything just want some good, solid, respectful combatants in the tourney. I have seen tourneys go down hill real quick due "people issues" which is what I'm trying to prevent here.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Letter X can vouch for me, we've dueled quite a bit, and I'm fairly sure I see Juutas1988 in the Burg a lot

I will message the pre-tourney duelists on Xbox today to try to get in, perhaps we could test my samurai duel idea
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:why would you give away your play style before the contest??? Unless you end up using a different toon on that day.

Well I'm not trying to get some deep insight into a person's play style (i.e. tactics, methods, etc) per se - just want to know if the player will go "full hollow" after a loss for example LOL. I want to keep the tourney fun yet competitive - I want participants to win but I also don't want a player to become salty due to a loss. Respect of your opponent (and vice versa) is what I'm trying to achieve. Some players cannot handle a loss very well even though losing is part of the game. That is why only "known" quantities (either known by me directly or by players I know who have good judegelemt) are currently on confirmed list.I'm not trying to be exclusive or anything just want some good, solid, respectful combatants in the tourney. I have seen tourneys go down hill real quick due "people issues" which is what I'm trying to prevent here.

I like the full hollow analogy. hahaha got it.
    DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DaemonNacht Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:06 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:Ok people - I need to see if any of the confirmed combatants (Wolf, Letter X, Dyno, Ramen, etc) can schedule some duels with the following players who would like to participate in the tourney

- AdamantzZ3R0 (XLN Tag: Z3R0 DREAMS)
    - Mrfragglez (XLN Tag: darkchaos669)
    - XuitusTheGreat (XLN Tag: XuitusTheGreat)
    - bameegatrops (XLN Tag: DivineBeanpole)

Ive played AdamantzZ (his name sin now zerodreams on live)- hes actually pretty good
    Xuitus- ive faced him aswell and he is also good
    Daemon- ive played him but cant rember the fights so need some more matches with him
    Knife4life- faced him in a FC but it was dark anor londo so need some more matches with him

Havent played the others- if any of you want to pvp add me on live xRamenatorx

I've fought you? Oh dear, I'm horrible at remembering names. Any fight you've had with me was likely random because I have difficulty sticking to one fighting style for long. :p

Oh yes, Any of you feel free to message me here or on xbox, I'll be on most of the weekend.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:48 pm

bameegatrops wrote:I'm fairly sure I see Juutas1988 in the Burg a lot

You sure? I mean I hang around the burg alot but I can't recognize your gamertag :o
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Juutas wrote:
    bameegatrops wrote:I'm fairly sure I see Juutas1988 in the Burg a lot

You sure? I mean I hang around the burg alot but I can't recognize your gamertag :o
    No, not sure, I think I recognize your GT but I could be wrong
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Ok people - I will be making some updates to the team rosters tonight hopefully. Need to take a look at the tourney participant recommendations made by some of the confirmed combatants. Hopefully the roster will be complete in the next few days - we are getting there folks. Will also be updating the rules in regards to swapping to RTSR during a duel and use of healing miracles at the beginning of a match.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:02 pm

Ok - new combatants have been added to the team rosters. Thanks everyone for your input.

Here is what the rules will be in regards to the RTSR and healing miracles:

- No swapping to RTSR during the fight but the ring can be used as part of you build (e.g. you start the duel with the RTSR equipped and it stays on). Please note this rule is very hard to enforce since you don't know exactly what player is doing if they gain distance from their opponent then stands still for a moment.

- Healing miracles (Replenishment & Bountiful Sunlight) can be used one time at the beginning of one (1) of potentially three (3) duels each set of combatants may have. For example say a combatant is defeated the 1st duel (they did not use a healing miracle in the 1st duel) - the combatant has to make a decision whether to use the healing miracle at the beginning of the 2nd duel or 3rd duel if they are not defeated in the 2nd duel. I think doing it this way is fair to FAI build who has the miracle yet fair to their opponent who doesn't have the miracle since they will not have to contend with it all three duels (if the set of duels goes that far). Simply put - the combatant who has the healing miracle will need to hope it was a smart move (e.g. they believe it is highly likely they will take a lot of damage at the beginning of that particular duel - if they don't take a lot of damage or quickly kill their opponent then the miracle was wasted) to use it that specific duel.

As usual input on the above is welcomed. Will make the rule changes after I receive some input from everyone.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:43 pm

The only problem is how r u gonna tell if sum1 keeps the rtsr on the entire match
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:50 pm

People mainly use rofap, wolfs, havels, leo, dragoncrest, ninja flip ring. I doubt theyll remove the rofap ring and if they remove any of the others we can tell except for leo and dragoncrest ring (however theyll have to swap rings befire hitting 20percent). If they midroll they could switch havels but who midrolls with havels?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:37 am

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:The only problem is how r u gonna tell if sum1 keeps the rtsr on the entire match

Well that is a problem but that is the reason why I wanted to have combatants who are known quantities that will respect the spirit of the tourney rules. But at the end of the day we will not be able to truly tell if someone swaps to the RTSR during a duel. All we can wish for is the rules are adhered to as best as possible.

Let just see how it goes during the tourney.

White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Beanpole is good broke had a couple bouts with him n he could hold his own
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Ok - more additions have made to the team rosters. I am thinking about adding 2 more slots on each team (4 total combatants) since there are still some players who are interested in the tourney. Here is a revised list of players who contacted me stating they wanted "in":

I will try to get some time with all of them this week.If any of the confirmed combatants have some free time please send them a quick shout to see if can they do a couple of duels.

Thanks for everyone's support Prayer .
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Beanpole is good broke had a couple bouts with him n he could hold his own
    Bow
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:41 pm

I gota enter Imagine my store on ds 2
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:44 am

bameegatrops wrote:
    Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Beanpole is good broke had a couple bouts with him n he could hold his own
    Bow

Excellent - ur on the list cheers . Things are coming together quite nicely.

Stay tuned..
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:48 am

Lord of Ash wrote:I gota enter Imagine my store on ds 2

Lord of Ash - what's up bro. We will definitely need a good merchant when DkS II is released. I will send u a message on the BOX and the forum to confirm u are interested in participating. I have fought u before so I know you are hard as coffin nails.

White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:47 am

Yo broke if there's a special edition of DKSII which version will u get them?
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:18 am

Anyone want to have a couple duels anytime?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:22 am