Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+43
Sevans
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
psychichobo
MistahrFox
ublug
Muker
twilightwarwolf
Dustsgr
Jester's Tears
EeAyEss
Forum Pirate
Dibsville
Cartod
Wolfsbane
Juutas
ninjashifty
Odinbear
Djem
morte
Soulfirexp
Werdax
Mr. Tart
AnCapaillMor
Kyuseishu
mugenis4real
Soris Ice Goldwing
Elifia
GrinTwist
Serious_Much
Thedeadships
Xaelai
Phoenix Rising
Dubscythe
Tolvo
WandererReece
RANT
megaoptamas759
User1
JamieJae
Myztyrio
The Letter X
sfcc
Shindori
47 posters

What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II?

Thedeadships
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II?

Post by Thedeadships Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:20 pm

The only way I would accept a difficulty setting is if there was 2 modes..

1) normal mode which would be like dark souls 1

2) call it what you want but have so you can be invade anytime, anywhere, regardless of humanity ( other than boss fights ) with no lvl cap/requirements between the invadee or the invader
    Basically an insane multiplayer mode..
    Thedeadships
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II?

Post by Thedeadships Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:20 pm

The only way I would accept a difficulty setting is if there was 2 modes..

1) normal mode which would be like dark souls 1

2) call it what you want but have so you can be invade anytime, anywhere, regardless of humanity ( other than boss fights ) with no lvl cap/requirements between the invadee or the invader
    Basically an insane multiplayer mode..
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:36 pm

The only thing I need for Dark Souls 2 is the disc, a case, and money for both.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Well, maybe it doesn't really seal the deal (pretty sure I'm gonna buy it anyways) but better character customisation would be neat. Right now it's pretty hard to make a character that doesn't look butt-ugly, often making the hollowed character actually less ugly than the human one. Not to mention there's only like 3 decent hairstyles.

Other things I'd like are no backstabs and better online play. And preferably no magic spam either, it's really annoying. Probably because I mid-roll on most of my builds, and fat-roll on 1 too...
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 pm

I already had my seal placed when I saw the demo. The end of most of my major fears are gone and Dark Souls has answered my need to hard gaming. I can barely wait to get started on the new game.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:47 pm

I already Pre-Ordered and paid for the game in full.

Well, What Is It? Well What is it
    Kyuseishu
    Kyuseishu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyuseishu Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:39 am

mugenis4real wrote:I already Pre-Ordered and paid for the game in full.

Well, What Is It? What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II? - Page 2 3596227959
    Don't you want to see if they do a special edition silly
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:58 am

Kyuseishu wrote:
    mugenis4real wrote:I already Pre-Ordered and paid for the game in full.

Well, What Is It? What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II? - Page 2 3596227959
    Don't you want to see if they do a special edition silly
    Gamestop lets you move your money from one Pre-Order to another with no problems, if a special edition is released, you already know I'll shell out the difference in cash for it. big grin
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:21 am

Alchohol and boobs like the witcher.

Seriously what wanderer said and the bs's at least for pvp narrow the the window, has to be like direct in line with the spine. TWOP affects both caster and the other. Horrnet ring, stills gives crit bonus but drastically diminishes regular attacks while equipped(tricky one this it will discourage a lot but also envcourage more to bs\parry fish only). give pyrommancy a buff and tone down the DMB\SLB equivalents.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:44 am

I'd like to see more in depth customization. Not to say what we already have isn't good enough, but i just love customizing so much.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:04 am

The one thing that would absolutely "seal the deal" for me, has, according to the twelve minute gameplay video, already been put into the game. The ability to dodge projectile by use of own attacks.

What I truly hope for, is that we will be able to dodge certain moves WITH certain attacks. That would provide the player with an alternative way to handle combat, but would require a bit of skills to master.

Also, I can live without backstaps. I am doing the SL 1 challenge (currently almost done with my NG+4) and quite frankly, backstaps makes it a tiny bit too easy for me. It is also horribly annoying to deal with in PVP.

Last edited by Werdax on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Soulfirexp

Post by Soulfirexp Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:24 am

proper duel wielding, no backstabs and better crossbows/bows to make pure archery more viable
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:41 am

I had no idea about the 12 minute gameplay video. Thanks for pointing that out.

I have to say, after having watched that video, i'm not really that pleased by what i saw. But hey, it isn't the finished game, so it'll probably be more pleasant to my eyes later on.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:57 am

What did you find displeasing about it?

I would want assurances that we can still figure out scaling and soft caps for stats. Some complain that the game became number-crunching, but for me, I don't want to waste my levels on anyone but my first and maybe second character unless I'm deliberately experimenting.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:02 am

The gameplay looks stiff to me. That, and there's just something that i can't put my finger on that just bothers me to hell.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14 am

Mr. Tart wrote:The gameplay looks stiff to me. That, and there's just something that i can't put my finger on that just bothers me to hell.

Thought the same, the movement looked very clunky.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:46 am

The deal is already sealed. But I would like seeing the weapon Kilij and more Pyromancy. (Or more use of fire in any way, so I can praise the Sun better!)
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:47 am

For me it was the environment that was off putting. It looked like a hodgepodge rather than a well-defined area. There were things from the stonefang tunnles (salamanders and flame floors) things form the towers of latria (prison cells and dead people on the floor coming alive to kill you outside cells) and things that looked like attempts at re-creating tomb of giants (need for a light source). While it is nice to see some attempts at integrating things, I don't want it to become a patchwork. Given, they may have been different areas sown together for demonstrations of the overall game, but I saw no indication that it was outside of naming areas, like the torture chamber and the dragon palace.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:50 am

Djem wrote:The deal is already sealed. But I would like seeing the weapon Kilij and more Pyromancy. (Or more use of fire in any way, so I can praise the Sun better!)

Hey a fellow killij lover. definately want to see that in the game. Favourite weapon in demons; darks souls falchion\scimitar with more reach and damage and some great combos.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:51 am

I"m already sold.
    ninjashifty
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:01 am

the game had a different feel to it for sure, but I will still be buying this game.

I'm all for back stabs in game (I get back stabbed more than I land them). Maybe just take the critical damage out for PvP so you only do weapon damage and keep the critical damage for parries. I think PvE should still have critical back stab damage though.

I difinitely liked the wind and lighting effects. Makes me think this game might be next gen.... However, this is still an unfinished product so everything is still subject to change.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:51 am

Don't think backstabs are going anywhere. Those who complain and want them gone, may want to buy another game. Lol. Learn to counter. Learn to stay at a distance. Learn patience. Grasshopper.

Nerfing everything you can't beat or master is not a viable solution, for me , at least.

bTW, the gameplay trailer looks awesome, has a Demon Souls fit & feel. He must be over encumbered though as he moves slow. I'm hoping they didn't nerf fast rolling because of complainers.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:54 am

Beards.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:56 am

Odinbear wrote:Don't think backstabs are going anywhere. Those who complain and want them gone, may want to buy another game. Lol. Learn to counter. Learn to stay at a distance. Learn patience. Grasshopper.

Agree on keeping BSing, with no bs's you'll have everyone 2 handing a zwei and swinging like mad or spamming R2 on every heavy weapon.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Ears.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:43 pm