Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
lextune
Serious_Much
strangejoy
shadowsoldiers
RANT
ChizFreak
aceluby
Carphil
Robbe
PPG-3-
k0rruptid
theAnimus
Gowardo
17 posters

Everyone is going to hate me, but...

shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Everyone is going to hate me, but... - Page 2 Empty Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

Post by shadowsoldiers Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:35 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    theAnimus wrote:Also, in another thread you just posted that you're SL 95, so you aren't even being honest

I'm still curious in how he 1 shot bosses, even lords. Not even sorcerers with CSS can 1 Shot bosses. 2-3 maybe but not 1.

He means first try.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Everyone is going to hate me, but... - Page 2 Empty Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

Post by aceluby Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:35 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    theAnimus wrote:Also, in another thread you just posted that you're SL 95, so you aren't even being honest

I'm still curious in how he 1 shot bosses, even lords. Not even sorcerers with CSS can 1 Shot bosses. 2-3 maybe but not 1.

This was already answered.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:36 pm

ChizFreak wrote:

He posted above that his definition of "one shot" is killing on the first try, which makes more sense. This is apparently WoW lingo (never played, so I wouldn't know).

Edit: Ninja'd by Hansen. Where the eff were you last night? The only dark wraiths I found clearly were not you.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 pm

I dunno why he posted this, it's just turned into complete embarrassment for him, and rightly so, don't complain somethings easy if you read how to do everything beforehand.
    shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by shadowsoldiers Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:39 pm

lol his rep went down in the negitives :o
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:39 pm

I've played alot of MMOs including WoW, and I've never seen someone refer one-shotting something as anything other than killing it in one hit. Maybe him and his friends did, but it's certainly not the mainstream definition of the term
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:40 pm

shadow, i didnt know it was possible to get negative rep silly
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:40 pm

shadowsoldiers wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

He means first try.

Okay thanks, but kind of strange he uses the term "1 shotted bosses" as first try, at least for me.
    shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by shadowsoldiers Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Ya, me neither. I also just realised mines at 3 o.0
    shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by shadowsoldiers Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:41 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    shadowsoldiers wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

Certainly is, doesn't make sense at all tbh.

He means first try.

Okay thanks, but kind of strange he uses the term "1 shotted bosses" as first try, at least for me.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:42 pm

Try not reading a walkthrough, (too late now)....The Capra Demon would have handed you your ass.

As for now, if it is not challenging enough. Play naked with only the club and plank shield. Or with only a +5 Bandit's Knife.

Nothing is challenging if you max out weapons and armor and know exactly what every enemy is going to do.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:42 pm

Thats because i 'thanked' one of your posts in another thread for fun, turns out it gives whoever you do it to 3 extra rep.. interesting stuff this menial rep system.
    Gowardo
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gowardo Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:43 pm

I said more or less, I dont know about you, but I dont really know whether Im 84 or 92 or 102, i dont tend to check my soul level everytime I play, or even every day to be fair! Maybe I will after my first playthrough when Im trying to actually build a character with a certain build, but relax... No need to call me a liar,

I was just trying to start a conversation about a game we all love, but I feel like I've been assaulted like some sort of heretic madman. Calling me dishonest, saying I ruined the whole experience when all I said was that I enjoy being a little prepared before a boss fight without looking at WTs that much. Jeez guys, that's very intense. Take a step back....
    Gowardo
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gowardo Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:44 pm

I mean, some of you even hit me with negative reputation, that's pretty mental
    shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by shadowsoldiers Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Gowardo wrote:

I said more or less, I dont know about you, but I dont really know whether Im 84 or 92 or 102, i dont tend to check my soul level everytime I play, or even every day to be fair! Maybe I will after my first playthrough when Im trying to actually build a character with a certain build, but relax... No need to call me a liar,

I was just trying to start a conversation about a game we all love, but I feel like I've been assaulted like some sort of heretic madman. Calling me dishonest, saying I ruined the whole experience when all I said was that I enjoy being a little prepared before a boss fight without looking at WTs that much. Jeez guys, that's very intense. Take a step back....

Then you cant read its right there in front of you when you load ... being prepared with a walkthrough makes it easy. Plain and simple. Like animus said, don't complain about difficulty if you're going to look at walkthroughs.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Look at the title that you chose for this thread. And the conversation you're trying to start is predicated on falsehoods.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:49 pm

It is not really mental. A lot of us played through the game first time blind, and we died, died and died some more.

Capra Demon. Mobs. Channlers. F'ing Archers. S&O. Invaders, invaders and invaders, on and On and On....

....then you start a thread saying:

"You know what? This game isn't very hard."

So you are either calling us lame, or what? Making your claim as the Master.

Either way: not cool.
    Gowardo
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gowardo Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:55 pm

It really had nothing to do with calling you all lame or saying the game was crap. I truly dont understand what started this reaction, I am really confused and a little shocked to be honest.

Firstly, I have stated many times throughout this thread that yes I have looked at walkthroughs, like most people have, but in a very limited way. I have also died my fair amount to archers, mobs and whatnot, just not that much at all after a certain SL. Yes, I like to know what to expect at times before a boss comes, but surely that's my choice, and you shouldnt feel insulted because I like to play the game a certain way. Some replies from epople here made it sound like all I do is look at walkthroughs and dont go 10 seconds without doing so, its really quite disappointing when this kind of stuff happens. Making assumptions is one thing, but judging someone over an assumption is wrong in my opinion.

Talk about mob mentality. Anyway, I was just trying to be part of the community and start a conversation. I guess it wasn't worth it, really not sure why some of you replied the way they did. Maybe Im in the wrong and I said something deeply insulting, maybe Im not and you guys need to relax.

Either way, whatever. Peace out

Last edited by Gowardo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:55 pm

lextune wrote:It is not really mental. A lot of us played through the game first time blind, and we died, died and died some more.

Capra Demon. Mobs. Channlers. F'ing Archers. S&O. Invaders, invaders and invaders, on and On and On....

....then you start a thread saying:

"You know what? This game isn't very hard."

So you are either calling us lame, or what? Making your claim as the Master.

Either way: not cool.

If only I could vote 2 messages the same day (<< read with solaire's voice).
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Dude, even if you have read the guide, not dying for 8-9 hours is bullshit unless you're just farming or something.. You WILL die because you'll occassionally make mistakes and i still sometimes die on my playthroughs if i screw up..

like animus said your thread is full of ***.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:16 pm

I don't think Gowardo deserves all the hate he's getting here. He obviously misunderstood the term one-shot. My question would be, if you looked at the wikis and guides as you claimed, why would you still expect the game to be hard? I guess I really don't understand the point of your initial post.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Nice delete.

Last edited by theAnimus on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:34 pm

I can say it is pretty easy once you know the 'best' paths. As well, knowing how to deal with situations helps a lot when it comes to regard. For example going blind to do a Puzzle of a 1000 would take time, but someone who does it again and again and remebers can put it together with speed far greater than the one that goes blind. It is relatively simple.

As of those who say the Lords are hard to do. The only lord that I have died constantly to was the Chaos Flame. Seath I killed by myself three times by myself. Nito Four times. The Four Kings I have done by myself once as well without dying, but that was determined luck along skill, as their move-sets were forgiving to me (not much grabs and pulses, yay). Nito and Seath you should not have a problem with. They are both easy to do. The Four Kings will probably be the most difficul to fight if by yourself. The Bed of Chaos is just luck that a tree branch does not whack you while jumping to the wood ramp, or the Chaos Flame sending Flame Pillars while trying to reach the Maggot Witch of Izalith.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:36 pm

The reaction here seems a tad overblown. I've given you a possitive rep to compensate for the negatives, and also because I'm a sucker for babies (I have a baby/toddler daughter who is the awesomest person in the world).
    Gowardo
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gowardo Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:55 pm

theAnimus wrote:I don't think he misunderstood, being a "WoW player for years". He made a thread titled "Everyone is going to hate me", and look at what happened. He misrepresented several concepts throughout his posts in this thread. He asked everyone's thoughts on the matter, and that's what he received. I know that if I received this kind of overwhelming response, I would look in the mirror before I took it upon myself to tell everyone to RELAX.

The bottom line is, he got exactly what he was looking for.

So personal and SO rude... And all over what...? Im not sure to be honest. I guess there really is all kinds of people out there, although sometimes it still is quite shocking to hear things like that about someone you dont even know. I mean, "I would look in the mirror before I took it upon myself ..."? Seriously? You can tell your best friend, your kid or your sister something like that, but I would appreciate it if you kept your Freudian side out of it when referring to me as you have no idea if I need to look in the mirror or not, so keep your sarcasm out of the way.

I mean, you are really going to be that patronizing to someone who you've never met? How do you think that makes you look to educated people? And all based on what? Everyone else's replies clearly. Because if you had even bothered to read all of my replies in this thread, you would have realized that a lot of things that you have said are simply out of context, and this is not just addressed to you personally but all the other people that posted hate-y messages as well.

To answer some of your very patronizing comments anyway, I have played WoW for years, since release day actually, and as far as boss fights went, Guilds as far as I know have always referred to "one-shot" as killing a particular boss for that particular night's raid in one go, not one hit. Now, as Ive already said quite a few times, firstly this was meant in absolute good faith, I wasnt trying to be "dishonest" (for what gain?) and whether this is a term used by many or few, it really doesnt make a lot of difference to me and, to be fair, it shouldnt make any to you either. The fact that people are taking this as a focal point for this whole joke of a thread really shows the quality of the replies...

All you guys have done is disect what I said in my first thread, extrapolate double meanings and double entendres, called me a liar, said i need to look in the mirror and took it to a whole new level of insulting/flaming someone, I really hope you realize that. I mean come on, even negative reputation, talk about welcoming someone on a forum... Can I just say that my topic was NOT in fact entitiled "I hate you all, I hope you all die a terrible death". It was simply started with the idea of chatting about DS.

Has it occurred to any of you that all I was trying to do is start a conversation to feel part of the community considering I only joined yesterday? Start a chat about the game? I was excited about this forum and this game and just wanted to do something about it. Maybe I could have chosen a different thread title, fair enough, but really I am pretty sure that if you look at your replies again in a week's time you will see that they are just shocking.

So the reason why I said "RELAX" is because, at that point, people had already started flaming me for reasons to me absolutely unknown, so forgive me for feeling a little hurt and trying to control the situation.

Anyway, as this has somehow blown out of proportion now, I dont really wanna be a part of this community anymore so I'll take my wandering somewhere else, my first 10 replies tried to explain, not Im just a little annoyed to be honest. Whether or not Ive actually somehow managed to insult someone in my first thread, I really dont think I deserved any of the crappy replies.

Hope you enjoy playing the game and take things like this a little less seriously in the future perhaps so not to scare people who mean well off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:21 am