Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
DaFarmerProject
User1
Tanklord
ShadowStalker
WandererReece
General Bale
ExplodingPenguin
GrinTwist
Soulfirexp
ninjashifty
Walter_White
AnCapaillMor
grossemesser
Werdax
DemonOfFate
Dusk Soul
twilightwarwolf
Emergence
Animaaal
Forum Pirate
alchemydesign
Dibsville
Tchuwib
Fry1156
Carphil
Thedeadships
Latitoast
Jester's Tears
bl0odyMe5s
Nybbles
Dubscythe
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MiketheMushroomMan
38 posters

Which boss/enemy has powned you the most?

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Which boss/enemy has powned you the most? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which boss/enemy has powned you the most?

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:52 pm

For future reference, my opinions are founded based facts, though they may be subjective facts (ie only true for me). They don't change unless new evidence is presented that invalidates my reasoning. the number of souls the boc gives is not new evidence.

As for people being turned away by the boc, its one bad choice in an otherwise very well designed game. If that alone turns them away, there are other things they should be dealing with. Like unreasonable expectations.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Which boss/enemy has powned you the most? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which boss/enemy has powned you the most?

Post by Animaaal Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Has anyone said BoC yet?...

...such a waste of time...however...there is that "fetus" thread...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:12 pm

"Fetus" thread?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Fetus thread?

btw pendant whats the boss that gave you nightmares?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Kalameet is responsible for the only death that ever truly made me angry.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Kalameet is a pain if you try to tail cut. His fire is kinda hard to dodge too.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:43 pm

True story:
    I was using my max level, trying to cut off Kalameet's tail on NG.
    I was using SKSS at first with SLB, but after it expired, I switch to Dragonslayer Spear.
    It took a whole 30 minutes and 18 Estus, but I finally cut off that b*tch solo.
    I then proceeded to *** **** him, which took 20 seconds.
    Moral of the story: Don't cut off his tail solo.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:33 pm

boss wise its BOC and the duo in Anor expecially if im alone X_X as for regular enemies its torch hollows and their be damned push attack i take not only a sh!t ton of dam but it bypasses poise its ridiculous >sad
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:39 pm

I hate the four kings with the passion of a thousand suns!!

Capra is pretty bad too; but more thanks those f***ing dogs... the make what should be a reasonable difficult fight into a freaking nightmare.

And I agree Torch Hollows are the worst normal enemies.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 pm

I tend to get destroyed by the torch hollows, and the bonewheel skeletons, those guys are just freaking annoying. Oh and the boss that pwns me the most would be Gywn (I don't parry when i fight him, hes one hell of a boss fight if you don't parry) and Seath, but that's only if i need to cut his tail.
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 pm

I like the O&S fight on a good day, when you get it down it's like a well rehearsed dance... hardest part about it...summoning solaire without getting invaded.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:57 pm

I can honestly say that the Four Kings is my favourite boss fight. They're not too hard, they're not too easy.
    Just perfect.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:13 am

Gosh, there quite a few I had trouble with.

I believe the Gargoyles were my biggest problem early on. They quite literally made me doubt myself.
    Now I like them. Provided they can stay alive for more then 15 seconds.

Bed of Chaos will always be the game's worst boss.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:32 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:"Fetus" thread?

a horrific realization

I'm quite fond of post #25 lol.

The op in that thread gets mad props from me for originality..............IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! lol
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 am

Ornstein and Smough are my sticking point. They really slow my game down. Lately it seems like all the bosses have been monkey stomping my butt because I have been concentrating on pvp so much. I recently started using summons for boss fights though so it has been a little smoother.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:42 am

Seath because of that ****in tail. It's a pain to cut it solo and the 2 times i did manage it, the weapon was no use to me.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:11 pm

On my first Playthrough Capra - no doubt
    After knowing, that stacking poise solves most of the problems and that u don't have to do him pre AL made things easier.

Arty is always a tough fight, same with Manus.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:20 pm

I ldo capra Asap just to get the big ember from the Depths, sometimes even before the gargoyles
    ninjashifty
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:22 pm

S&O kicked my butt a lot on my very first play through followed by Seath. I was down to a quarter health getting cursed by him.

Four Kings is now an easy fight once you've killed them at SL1. You learn a lot playing SL1.
    Soulfirexp

Post by Soulfirexp Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Kalameet and artorias on my pure int build darn magic/lightning resistance

Four kingand O&S solo is using a slow wep
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Nito, I know most find him easy but after a while I decided to challenge myself by getting all of his skeletons into the fight. That is a much better challenge than BoC.
    ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ExplodingPenguin Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:54 am

Smoug and Ornstein. Mostly because I didn't have LIVE at the time....I mean, Brolaire was great and all, but he always got killed before I took out one of them.

Oh how I died.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:58 am

Dibsville wrote:I can honestly say that the Four Kings is my favourite boss fight. They're not too hard, they're not too easy.
    Just perfect.
    They would be a fun fight if it wasn't for the fact that you can get attacked by multiple kings at once. I love fighting the first king, but after the other ones spawn it loses it's charm.
    ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ExplodingPenguin Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 am

Latitoast wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:I can honestly say that the Four Kings is my favourite boss fight. They're not too hard, they're not too easy.
    Just perfect.
    They would be a fun fight if it wasn't for the fact that you can get attacked by multiple kings at once. I love fighting the first king, but after the other ones spawn it loses it's charm.

Well, the Kings won't mob you unless you take too long in a one-on-one duel- then they'll all leap in and gangbash you. Fun times.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:02 am

Latitoast wrote:
    Just perfect.
    You should never have a king around long enough to get attacked by more then one.
    They spawn 20 seconds apart and on top of that each king will normally wait for around 10 seconds after spawning before they attack, assuming you're fighting another king.
    If you can't kill one king in 30 seconds, you're doing the Four Kings wrong.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 4:46 pm