Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Automancer
Tanklord
reim0027
KrazykevS10
mackofspades
User1
Rynn
MasterofShadows
grossemesser
Djem
AnCapaillMor
Elifia
Shindori
Odinbear
Kyuseishu
GenericUsername
Soris Ice Goldwing
DemonOfFate
Forum Pirate
Xaelai
Dibsville
Latitoast
Mazon1x
27 posters

R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mazon1x
    Casual
    Casual

R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Mazon1x Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:55 pm

it appears to me everyone is R1 spamming yet again ! sadly this is the thing that p isses me off the most! to everyone who spams that R1 go to and get some skill!
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Latitoast Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:58 pm

So...

Why is R1 spam bad?

If you're turtling behind a shield, it counters the shield turtling.

And if it bugs you that much, parry him.
    Mazon1x
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mazon1x Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 pm

i dont turtle, oh trust me i do when its not a dang great sword! because by the time get hit once i get stunned because i dont use much poise. but its just so lame, its R1R1R1R1R1 then a *bow*
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:02 pm

I can agree stunlocking is stupid, the whole poise concept was kind of stupid to begin with, but a guy isn't going to just back off when he's attacking you.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:02 pm

The way Dark Souls currently is, R2s almost always get you backstabbed.
    Lets take a look at some of the most used weapons to prove this:
    Uchigatana: The R2 is a thrusting attack with a slow charge up, all they would have to do is see it then side step and backstab you.
    Zweihander: The R2 is a slamming attack, if it misses, you're getting backstabbed. Period.
    Balder Side Sword: Although strong, all someone has to do is roll behind you for the backstab, assuming they aren't hit by lag/phantom damage.
    Claymore: Very easy to sidestep and punish.

Then again, all these attacks can be extremely useful is you combo from R1s, but people are too lazy for that.
    You ever seen a Gold Tracer user who is actually using the Gold Tracer? Very rarely.

Once people begin finding new overpowered weapons, R2s may come back.
    Mazon1x
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mazon1x Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:08 pm

i mean i always do at least the 2 hits then back off thats just how most people who are not R1 spammers play, its either the good ol 1 or 2 punch then back off. and i really hate that golden tracer because not a single person uses it skillfully its R1R1R1 bloodloss R1R1 die lol its just lame. i like to be creative and R1 and R2 thats just me though
    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:08 pm

With the ridiculously bad connections I've seen in game, you really think I'm going to open myself up for a backstab like other posters above have mentioned?

Heck I get backstabbed sometimes when someone is RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and I'm circle-strafing him. Last thing I want to do, is use an R2 and then miss (because of lag) and then I'm dead.

Sorry, OP. If I hit you with, say, a Gravelord's... well, you're getting hit a few more times after that too. I don't care if you think it is "skillful" or not...

What would you rather have, TWoP+WoG? DLC magic? Ninja-Flipping people in Havel's?

I'm just not understanding what the OP thinks is "skillful" play.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 pm

R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!! HCDABD5E7Really? We're back to complaining about r1 spam? Really?

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!! Already+three+of+those+things+_f8a15adf26cc050241b5d3f5d41ce0c2Really? We're back to complaining about r1 spam? Really?
    Soon they're going to be complaining that Chaos and Lightning is too strong. Coffee!
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:10 pm

I love R1 spammers! cause i can parry them and teach them that they suck at the game. Just practice with a friend and get the parry times down, that's what i did with a friend here on the forums.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:12 pm

They are easy to parry and get hits off when they run low on stamina. Simple, and they can be toyed with for a while.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:15 pm

DemonOfFate wrote: I love R1 spammers! cause i can parry them and teach them that they suck at the game. Just practice with a friend and get the parry times down, that's what i did with a friend here on the forums.
    Untill they dead angle the **** out of you or bs your parry attempt because they actually don't suck.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:17 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    DemonOfFate wrote: I love R1 spammers! cause i can parry them and teach them that they suck at the game. Just practice with a friend and get the parry times down, that's what i did with a friend here on the forums.
    Untill they dead angle the **** out of you or bs your parry attempt because they actually don't suck.
    That awkward moment when you die to a Scimitar.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Most true R1 spammers aren't smart enough to do this, i'm not talking about people who attack once or twice and back off, those aren't r1 spammers. And when i find out they are smart enough to do this, i change my course of action to counter it. Simple, really.
    Mazon1x
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mazon1x Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 pm

and i hate people that heal up when you are fighting -_-
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:25 pm

I wasn't either. I can and do run up with a zweihander, dead angle twice and bs the toggle parry attempt. Thats 1700+ damage. Fights over, I win.

I can and do run up with a katana, wait a second to throw off their parry timing, and r1 spam 3 or 4 times (how lomg it takes the parry's to catch up)

Try sparing people your judgement huh?
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:30 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I wasn't either. I can and do run up with a zweihander, dead angle twice and bs the toggle parry attempt. Thats 1700+ damage. Fights over, I win.

I can and do run up with a katana, wait a second to throw off their parry timing, and r1 spam 3 or 4 times (how lomg it takes the parry's to catch up)

Try sparing people your judgement huh?

Fair enough, but you forget that i'm not always going to parry when you run forward and try to dead angle me with your zweihander, its all depends upon the situation. And regarding what you said with the katana, same thing, i can just swing my greatsword at you when you think i'd parry, boom problem solved. It all depends on the moment, i can't say for a fact i'd do that, but i also can say that it is possible i'd do what i said above. And that kind of thing only works on an opponent once, and i doubt i'd fall for it again. And i don't think i came out as hostile, so i have no idea why you added in that last comment.

Also, i don't think you'd be able to get 4 hits out with a uchi, maybe 2 but i don't think 3-4.

Edit: Ah mate, i reread what i said and i didn't explain what IMO is a 'R1 spammer'. In my book, a R1 spammer is someone who just mashes R1 with no stratigent intentions. He does so because he doesn't know what else to do. What you said is what i would call a stratigent move. You think your enemy is going to parry, and you punish it, that's not the same as just running up and mashing R1. Though i still think my previous argument still stands.

Last edited by DemonOfFate on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Mazon1x wrote:and i hate people that heal up when you are fighting -_-
    Healers are easily countered. They're going to do one of two things.

Either:

A. Pop an Estus right in your face. In this case punish him with a BS

B. Try to get away from you, so he can safely pop an Estus. In this case don't let him run away, just keep him close enough for you to BS if he tries to get a quick heal. Just watch out for Talismans, because WoTG is very popular amongst people.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:02 am

I forget nothing. If I've ever seen you toggle before it 1 hit+bs to avoid you escaping. You also can't parry dead angles (why I'm doing it)

Unless you have the target shield/buckler, it takes 3 hits to catch up to uchi r1 spam if you miss the first parry. If one knows to stagger their timing, they can ditch that 3rd parry and repeat the process indefinitely.

As for "people not good enough to do anything other than spam R1" those are noobs, and thats not how OP defined it, thus not the definition I was refering too.

Presumably he'd be upset about being stunlocked to death by a zweih or GT, because it "takes no skill," to which I say it is fair and counterable. if you (you being anyone) then lose to it, look in the mirror before you tell them how much they suck.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:18 am

I read this OP and then looked at your stats and the first thing I noticed was " casual " lol

u sum sort of casul OP?
    Kyuseishu
    Kyuseishu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyuseishu Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:42 am

GenericUsername wrote:I read this OP and then looked at your stats and the first thing I noticed was " casual " lol

u sum sort of casul OP?
    How does that even work, is it a forum rank or a playing rank via upload somewhere?
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:46 am

Kyuseishu wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:I read this OP and then looked at your stats and the first thing I noticed was " casual " lol

u sum sort of casul OP?
    How does that even work, is it a forum rank or a playing rank via upload somewhere?

Forum Rank, every certain amount of posts you make you get a new title. And then some mods or users have special titles given to them.
    Kyuseishu
    Kyuseishu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyuseishu Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:53 am

GenericUsername wrote:
    Forum Rank, every certain amount of posts you make you get a new title. And then some mods or users have special titles given to them.
    Thanks, thought as much, much also why so much gripe over how people fight?It's usually the losing parties that complain tongue
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:47 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I forget nothing. If I've ever seen you toggle before it 1 hit+bs to avoid you escaping. You also can't parry dead angles (why I'm doing it)

Unless you have the target shield/buckler, it takes 3 hits to catch up to uchi r1 spam if you miss the first parry. If one knows to stagger their timing, they can ditch that 3rd parry and repeat the process indefinitely.

As for "people not good enough to do anything other than spam R1" those are noobs, and thats not how OP defined it, thus not the definition I was refering too.

Presumably he'd be upset about being stunlocked to death by a zweih or GT, because it "takes no skill," to which I say it is fair and counterable. if you (you being anyone) then lose to it, look in the mirror before you tell them how much they suck.
    I stunlock, so to that i agree with, stunlocking with a str weapon takes skill because we can't slash 3 times with an greatsword and not be punished, opposed to the uchi. All your points are valid, but you can't indefenitly say that all these things would work on someone. People act on instinct, and that instinct during that fight might be to roll to the right and just avoid you altogether. Oh and when the OP said r1 spammers, i think of gankers, and gankers are generally speaking bad at the game. (I'm a forest hunter and i invade gankers, and normally win. unless i'm on my smough build, then i tend to lose, but oh well, its a joke build)

I'll say you won this debate, good job, i always find you bring up valid points. Though i do think that 'Sparring people your judgement' comment was uncalled for, because when we think of r1 spammers, we don't think of good players. Perhaps we think of boring to fight players, but i know i don't think of good players.

Edit: Oh and on the topic of dead angles, i hope they are gone in dark souls 2. Nothings more annoying than someone who dead angles me with wrath of the gods (Now before anyone says ****, i know i can roll through it, but its still freaking annoying on narrow bridges). Plus i think it looks stupid when someone clearly hits my shield but i take damage, if anything just add in a grab attack to get counter turtles.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 am

Reinforced club, can leave you open to a BS, an R2 attack and worse. But if I connect....
    bAM. bAM, BAM.
    I NEED TO BE NERFED.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:27 pm