Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+53
skarekrow13
Robotech
Rona
WerehoundXX
djgq42
Turin
befowler
Griever
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Rynoa
SlakeMoth
Zechk
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
karchun
DanielCdable
callipygias
Tolvo
Hylian
Dark75Messiah
AeroSigma
Scudman_Slayer
Blazefury
Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
Uparkaam
Wade_Wilson
LordRevan
Jarlaxe
BoilerFan8472
Harlequin
DeCeleRator93
Yarxov
RaSoul
ZeGlobox
Raddykal
Villain1
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
kyoke
Ser Winston
Doelker
nsane32
Gundragon
JY4answer
The_Tao
Soulkrazy
Carphil
meridam99
Darkson
Jenova_X
Serious_Much
theAnimus
jjshowal
57 posters

Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far?

meridam99
    meridam99

Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far?

Post by meridam99 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:36 pm

My favorite moment of the past week was getting invaded in Duke's Archives, casting chameleon just outside the bonfire. The invader ran through the whole level openning the shortcut trying to find me. He then stands right in front of me looking up the stairs, with his back to me. I could not resist the backstab with BKGA and hornets ring. Sent him a PM genuinely thanking him for openning the shortcut, he responded laughing saying "NP!"
    Dark75Messiah
    Dark75Messiah

Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far?

Post by Dark75Messiah Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:06 pm

My favourite moment had to be the first time I encountered the gaping dragon. At first I thought, aw, a lil baby alligator lol, then when I realised that he's like those angler fish, with the lure on the end of his face I was like WOOOAAAAH there. Getting eaten a bit by him is always fun. Hell I farm large and green titanite, humanity and death eye orbs in the Depths just to help with this boss. Love it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:11 pm

is a cool boss.... how many necro bumps is this now? 7?
    also a new fav moment was invading in the catacombs and opening the entire level for the host, even jumping down to vamos' area, prior to that i didn't know red phantoms could show up or activate cut scenes like that!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:11 pm

n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-necrobumping time! big grin

do you not get bored of this quickly?
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 pm

IMMINENT GORGEOUS VIEW

https://2img.net/h/oi39.tinypic.com/s30sxw.jpg

this was my best moment...
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:28 am

^ HELL YEAH!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:53 am

Finishing my Seek Guidance run through. After using Seek Guidance at practically every square inch of the world I used Prostration, then repeated it in real life. After walking every possible step, making every leap, checking every corner, beating almost all of the bosses, running around Gwyn's room and parrying him so I could cast and continue to search with his flaming sword tearing at my back, it just felt so satisfying to see my work complete with that. I found nothing significant, but I just felt amazed at myself for actually going through the trouble. Such a terrifying experience, and it has really brought me closer to the game. I can honestly say I've seen every pixel of the game and stepped upon each one, and I'm still coming back. As well I'm still finding carvings and parts of the story that I never knew about, I don't think I'll ever be done with this game. I've had to take a break from the lore for a little while due to this, otherwise I might have gone hollowed. But soon, I think I'm going to have to start checking more parts of the Tomb of the Giants, Catacombs, Demon Ruins, Darkroot, New Londo, Anor Londo, everything.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:55 pm

You even cast it WHILE fighting Gwyn??? That's dedication, man. Impressive.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Prostration

Gwyn is absolutely terrifying when running around him trying to cast a long spell while being unable to hit him or have a phantom with you.
    DanielCdable
    DanielCdable
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DanielCdable Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Top favorite and top WTF moment, was in Sen's Fortess. I was crossing the last bridge with the swinging axes, i missed the timing and knocked of to my doom. However, certain of my imminent demise, I landed ontop of another swinging axe which carried me into a nearby ledge.

:shock: My face when that happened.

My second favorite moment was when i finally managed to beat the Stray demon when you visit the Asylum for the second time.

Sheer joy and happiness, however it was short lived when i was jumped by a Black Knight on my way out...
    karchun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by karchun Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:28 pm

This is not favourite but currently my most memorable...

I've probably created a toon for every single class and each time i get to sens i just create a new one (false) hoping that it'll get me past the axes at the start of sens...

Guess what... its a bummer!

Definately will stick considering at one point i had 7 humanities on me and all of it down the drain from the second floor axes!!!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:01 pm

For me? The invasion that took place not ten minutes ago. Picture if you will a regular DM invasion in Darkroot Garden. I come upon my enemy unawares so i give him a swift but innocent kick to get his attention. It does. I buff, bow, and grass, and then begin to fight.

After a few hits I score a riposte, my first real meaningful pvp riposte, after which the guy backs off and flask. I'd had enough at that poiny and score a BS. He does the same thing. Next I score bleed damage on him. Same thing. Damage him some more. He runs back to heal.

No Sir I say and mash a pretty long five shot stunlock with my katana killing him.

The riposte made this invasion so great espcially because I was using dual katanas.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:13 pm

My favorite moment is the first time I ever beat the Four Kings on NG+ solo. I still don't know exactly how I did it, I just remember it was one of my Faith builds that used claymores. This game gives more sense or reward for beating a boss than almost any other game, but this one fight was the first time I literally jumped out of my chair and shouting in excitement on the last hit. I actually had to take a break afterwards to let the adrenaline get out of my system happy

EDIT: Post #300, I'm officially Obsessed!
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:52 am

My very first invasion. I had just reached the church and was on my way to the gargs, when I decided to go human and look for help. This was waaaaaaay before the BB glitch, so burg/parish wasn't the pain it is now. I got invaded by someone with a DWGR and a fire Zweihander. Of course I only know that now, at the time I had no idea how he was flipping around etc. I forget what armor he had. I was using a drake sword and the wanderer set compleatly unupgraded.

This was also long before I started reading the wiki and forums etc, so I was using flasks to keep myself alive. I managed to land a few hits on him, but his fire Zwei nearly 1 shotted me each time he hit me. However, by dodging with my fast roll like a pro, I eventually managed to get him low enough that he decided to run away and heal. Since my gear was so light, I could sprint as fast as he could, so I managed to catch him by taking a better line and get a backstab off just as he ran out of the church door that leads to Andre. I kicked him down the steps for extra badassery. Since his armor was so much better than mine, that still didnt kill him. So I 2 handed my drake sword and slashed as he stood up, tagging him as he tried to roll away and killing him. The whole fight lasted about 10 minutes and was once of the most adrenaline pumping things I've ever done in a game. Not since open world pvp in WoW have I had that much fun fighting someone 1v1.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:27 am

There have been so many but the first time I beat Ornstein & Smough stands out. I jumped around the room like a Michael Flattley clone on speed.

I'm about to go for them again in newgame+. Gulp.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:00 am

I actually got a tough time killing Seath (it seems I'm the only one, anyway..), so I summoned this friend to help me while in voice chat.
    As we chop away something like 8/10 of Seath HP, my friend dies and I'm with no estus and little HP left, so I run to Seath like crazy and start furiously slashing and yelling "let's see who dies first!" <- and that's how I killed him. The cool part was my friend was still seeing what was happening and telling me in voice chat "COME ON, KILL IIIIIT"...

Another funny one was the first time one invader killed himself before reaching me. I was going to the hydra in darkroot, still near the tower where Havel was. A dw invades, runs at me, rolls madly and falls to his death. Epic scene, actually.
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 am

invaders have a tendency to fall off cliffs, they love it happy
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:37 am

Any time i pull something off. Like when i manage a blind parry, setup a roll bs, win the poise break spam fest. That kind of thing.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:46 am

when i killed someone through his grass crest shield. it was in the forest against a farmer, i had killed the one phantom he had with him and i didn’t want to give him a chance to summon another one. so i 2h my mighty ricards rapier and started spamming R1. for some reason he didn't attack back or parry, he just tried to hide behind his shield. i broke his guard once and got in some hits and then i killed him through his shield. best moment ever Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far? - Page 3 639795459
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:01 pm

So far probably soloing o&s in ng+ but killing super o
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Ahh, so many to choose from! Here are a couple

1) Trying to get someone through the parish and we get invaded by a pyromancer who starts spamming great combustion. He's going after me, but the host steps in front of him just as he sets off another combustion, blocking it with a dragon crest shield just as I attack with my winged spear. Because I'm a phantom, the spear goes straight through the host's back, out his front, and impales the pyromancer during his combustion animation, killing him. Talk about teamwork.

2) Summoned to help in the burg, and the host wants to kill Havel. We have another summon with us, a hotshot with ornstein gear and a lightning zweihander. I run down the stairs onto the platform and Havel turns to take a swing at me. The other summon jumps off the stairs trying to get behind him, but manages to come down just as the swing is traveling forward. It catches him in the legs in midair and somehow knocks him sideways into the wall, where he collapses and dies without even falling to the ground.

3) Invaded in the burg by a very skilled darkwraith. He kills my summon, and then for some reason retreats away from me along the firebomb bridge back towards the bonfire as I press him with a spear. While backing up he takes a weird line and gets momentarily hung up on the edge of the walkway where it is broken. I give him a kick and he falls off the bridge. He sends me an obnoxious PM and all I write back is "THIS IS SPARTA!"
    Turin
    Turin
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Turin Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Definitely first enter to the Ash Lake.
    Unforgettable. Astounding atmosphere. Hydra suits there like a cap to the head. I love the place.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:49 pm

yesterday. i got indicted twice for the first time and had to fight off 5 consecutive invasions because of it. i am not particularly good at pvp but i managed to win 4 out of the 5 fights.oh and i beat the 4 kings for the first time as well. felt pretty good:D
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:51 pm

befowler wrote:"THIS IS SPARTA!"
    Oh man, that is so damned funny.
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Turin wrote:Definitely first enter to the Ash Lake.
    Unforgettable. Astounding atmosphere. Hydra suits there like a cap to the head. I love the place.

I agree! That place is gorgeous. Should've been made larger for more exploration.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:42 am