Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
theAnimus
Comodreha
Godless Servant
aceluby
Zechk
Wade_Wilson
Carphil
meridam99
JY4answer
13 posters

[PvP] Just had the best moment of the 150 hours of my Dark Souls life so far.

JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

[PvP] Just had the best moment of the 150 hours of my Dark Souls life so far. Empty [PvP] Just had the best moment of the 150 hours of my Dark Souls life so far.

Post by JY4answer Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:00 pm

I invaded at Kiln 15 minutes ago, and was with the same host since. Here's why:

I get in this world, and already see a host, a sunbro, and a darkwraith fighting in a huge mess. I immediately rolled my ass out of there, and was gonna join the fight, but I stopped right after the host casts TWoP. The DW lasts less than a second. Why? Because the host and the sunbro clearly came to the Kiln just to farm invaders. Host was in full giants + mask of child, sunbro in full havels + mask of child, and both using havels's sheild and BKGA. They both casted TWoP, so I'm assuming their attunement was full of it.

So they sat at the Kiln farming invaders with these tank str builds, both using TWoP. The only reason I survived was pure luck, that I invaded while they were busy mashing up someone else to scrambled eggs. Here starts the long, long wait.

No way I'm getting anywhere close. Good thing dumb and dumber forgot about the Dark Knights in the area. They didn't dare come close, and I don't blame them. Needless to say I'm not diving into a pool of peace head first. I recently got my DM bow and moonlight arrows, and already had it equiped, so shot a few I did. Their sheilds were constantly up, showing nothing but they're axes, which was kinda interesting. After some arrows doing 3 dmg, a few taunts and some pushing and retreating, invaders showed up. They also summoned dark spirits whenever possible. I took the chance to shoot while they make more mash, and once got very close to killing the host with my moonlight arrows. It did more dmg than I expected, probably more than any unbuffed non-heavy melee weapon would. (thanks to whoever found that out from the old forums) Sadly, the sunbro saw and came infront of the host sheild up, I got one last shot between sunbro and a pillar and he chugged estus :|

A few more poor souls came and went, and I was still standing there. After a while, they started shooting arrows, which was fun. Mostly random shots from the sunbro, and very slow ones from the hosts's DS greatbow. Once the host ran down and swung his BKGA. With 70 poise, I tanked the first hit and BSed him. With hornet ring, I did almost 400 dmg, but took just a third of his health :shock: Took a few hits, retreated, watched him use estus, used humanity myself.

After a few more invaders, they must have ran out of casts, and ran towards me. They came even when we reached the first Dark Knight, so there's my chance. Right after my little knight friend died from 2/3 hits I ran in, did a BS to host, dodged sunbro's swings, used my troll-proof WoG one by one, took a few hits, and used my very last cast of WoG to kill the host. Got around 3,000 souls and one very good looking ear. Also a few humanity from those poor guys that lasted 2 seconds.

I'm still trembling from the andrenaline.bounce

Last edited by JY4answer on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    meridam99
    meridam99

[PvP] Just had the best moment of the 150 hours of my Dark Souls life so far. Empty Re: [PvP] Just had the best moment of the 150 hours of my Dark Souls life so far.

Post by meridam99 Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Nice!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

[PvP] Just had the best moment of the 150 hours of my Dark Souls life so far. Empty Re: [PvP] Just had the best moment of the 150 hours of my Dark Souls life so far.

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Good job! give the farmers what they want, adrenaline! By kicking their asses! When this happens to me, I use power within, green blossom, two hand and just rush like a huge dragon. Gets close to host, dragon roar to erase his stamina, 2 or 3 hits and he is over.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Impressive. Nice to see someone else using bows in PvP - I use a BBOP +15 for its phenomenal scaling.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 pm

BBOP is win. I use it in PVP from time to time for the scaling and the amazing range.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Nice, farmers in Kiln should die a gruesome horrible death... and then get peed on for good measure.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:36 pm

I still bowed. Should I have done elsewise? tongue

DM bow does waaaaaaaaaay more dmg when using it with moonlight arrows.
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:38 pm

aceluby wrote:Nice, farmers in Kiln should die a gruesome horrible death... and then get peed on for good measure.
    If you're not using the red soapstone sign to fight in the Kiln, its your own fault.
    Comodreha
    Comodreha

Post by Comodreha Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:54 pm

JY4answer wrote:I still bowed. Should I have done elsewise? tongue

DM bow does waaaaaaaaaay more dmg when using it with moonlight arrows.

Have been thinking about making a build for that bow, what stats would be ideal for maximum damage?
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Lol awesome
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cloudrunner Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:10 pm

For all the bitching about which covenant sucks the most, people seem to forget the secret covenant consisting of at least 90% cowardice: Hosts. What happened to you accounts for more than half of my total invasions (Unfortunately mine don't end favorably like yours). TWoP, 3 on 1 ganks, spawn backstabs, estus; you name it, they do it. The Secret Society of Invader Farmers are the real threat to Dark Souls PVP.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:11 pm

But when you beat'em you feel like you could jump from a building to another big grin
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Godless Servant wrote:
    aceluby wrote:Nice, farmers in Kiln should die a gruesome horrible death... and then get peed on for good measure.
    If you're not using the red soapstone sign to fight in the Kiln, its your own fault.

Did you not read it? He said they were summoning red signs and farming those as well. The mechanics are the same whether you invade or use the soapstone sign.
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Cloudrunner wrote:For all the bitching about which covenant sucks the most, people seem to forget the secret covenant consisting of at least 90% cowardice: Hosts. What happened to you accounts for more than half of my total invasions (Unfortunately mine don't end favorably like yours). TWoP, 3 on 1 ganks, spawn backstabs, estus; you name it, they do it. The Secret Society of Invader Farmers are the real threat to Dark Souls PVP.
    You're the one invading them and you're upset because they're ready for you in a way that makes you cry?

Listen, pvp is fun in this game sure but when you're fresh to this game and just trying to get through some content, inching your way through a tough area only to be invaded over and over and over and over by people who might be near and around your level (or much higher depending on invasion)but know the game very well and have maxed out all the gear they really wanted.. it can be super frustrating esp when they come in and TWoP or WoG you as a new player, its no wonder people set up the worst traps for invaders, they want revenge for the endless times getting destroyed and if you give them time to heal that's your own fault.

I do not use TWoP or WoG in pvp but I understand why other people resort to it, you also have to consider that maybe they've tried to win "Fair" but can't and so they resort to something that allows them to have a chance.

So in short, you're invading and will be at the mercy of w/e devious plan they may or may not have, if you don't like it, stop invading.
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:28 pm

aceluby wrote:
    Did you not read it? He said they were summoning red signs and farming those as well. The mechanics are the same whether you invade or use the soapstone sign.
    The op was invading, he said they also summoned Dark Wraiths when ever possible, the guy I quoted said people who farm invaders not people that farm duelists.

Are you really trying to turn this into a reading comprehension thing?
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:34 pm

I'm surprised they didn't hatemail you for WoG spamming them..........lol
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cloudrunner Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Godless Servant wrote:
    aceluby wrote:
    The op was invading, he said they also summoned Dark Wraiths when ever possible, the guy I quoted said people who farm invaders not people that farm duelists.

They "summoned" Darkwraiths?
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Cloudrunner wrote:
    Godless Servant wrote:
    aceluby wrote:

Yeah, using the red soapstone.
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Cloudrunner wrote:

lol you never said that in your rant, all you said was my invasions not duels, be specific next time.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:46 pm

JY4answer wrote:I invaded at Kiln 15 minutes ago, and was with the same host since. Here's why...

...After some arrows doing 3 dmg, a few taunts and some pushing and retreating, invaders showed up. They also summoned dark spirits whenever possible...

I know you didn't want to have a reading comprehension discussion, but this was from the OP. This kind of stuff in Kiln is deplorable. There's 3 other spots where this is typical, leave Kiln for duels.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:47 pm

When someone says "summoned a red spirit", you should already know it is the red soapstone, no need to argue about that
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cloudrunner Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:49 pm

aceluby wrote:
    JY4answer wrote:I invaded at Kiln 15 minutes ago, and was with the same host since. Here's why...

...After some arrows doing 3 dmg, a few taunts and some pushing and retreating, invaders showed up. They also summoned dark spirits whenever possible...

I know you didn't want to have a reading comprehension discussion, but this was from the OP. This kind of stuff in Kiln is deplorable. There's 3 other spots where this is typical, leave Kiln for duels.

Lol, what to do? Cowards will be cowards. You can't enforce those type of rules in this game and its damn near impossible to beat the strategy, aside from waiting it out like the OP did. You just have to take it in stride, like my less than friendly compatriot above stated.
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:58 pm

[quote="Cloudrunner"]
    aceluby wrote:

Thanks for quoting both of those which proves my point, given that the first quote says he invaded and the second one says they also summoned Dark Wraiths, not they summoned Dark Wraiths like they did me, had he said that then we would have known but he didn't and is an invader. Make sense now?
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:01 pm

I wasn't looking for a fight to be clear, I don't support people farming others who use the red soapstone however if you're just an invader I say that's the gamble you take when you choose to invade someone else's game.
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cloudrunner Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Not sure what you're getting at anymore. I think you've lost the point of the other guy's post. MY message is simply that hosts are cowards and rather than fight other covenants we should focus our anger on them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:27 pm