Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+53
skarekrow13
Robotech
Rona
WerehoundXX
djgq42
Turin
befowler
Griever
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Rynoa
SlakeMoth
Zechk
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
karchun
DanielCdable
callipygias
Tolvo
Hylian
Dark75Messiah
AeroSigma
Scudman_Slayer
Blazefury
Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
Uparkaam
Wade_Wilson
LordRevan
Jarlaxe
BoilerFan8472
Harlequin
DeCeleRator93
Yarxov
RaSoul
ZeGlobox
Raddykal
Villain1
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
kyoke
Ser Winston
Doelker
nsane32
Gundragon
JY4answer
The_Tao
Soulkrazy
Carphil
meridam99
Darkson
Jenova_X
Serious_Much
theAnimus
jjshowal
57 posters

Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far?

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far? - Page 4 Empty Re: Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far?

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:51 pm

I agree about Ash Lake. It is an area that is just crying out for opportunities to explore. Maybe an underwater section with caves and stuff.
    WerehoundXX
    WerehoundXX

Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far? - Page 4 Empty Re: Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far?

Post by WerehoundXX Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:06 pm

A couple of days ago I was hosting in the forest (I'm an honorable host, no farming/ganking) when I received the invasion message and spotted a flash of blue by the stairs. I headed that way but when I got there the phantom was gone and in its place was a tree. Now keep in mind this is by the stairs near the cliff where the npc's like to kill themselves. I just stopped and stared for a second and then the tree shuffled off the edge to its death.

Pretty funny I thought
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 pm

ahh the chameleon spell! why they shuffled off i don't know, but maybe they were trying to hide and wait for backup, cause forest invasions have no lvl cap and they might have been a low level...
    WerehoundXX
    WerehoundXX

Post by WerehoundXX Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Or perhaps life as a tree was just too much lol

Another funny encounter involved me again waiting in the forest when an invader spawns at that same spot by the stairs. I head over and discover that the person is AFK. I walk up and do the wave gesture in their face and nothing. So I decide to back up and good distance so as to not appear too threatening and wait. I pass the time with gestures and in the middle of a wave I get a poison throwing knife to the face. It even does the headshot animation. He then proceeds to alternate between poison knives and wild claymore swings until I'm poisoned and then all tactics go out the door and he makes a mad dash at me. I two hand my chaos iato and finish him with a few well placed swings.

Wheres the honor?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:59 pm

Ah, that was an AFK hunter, kill them upon site please. They AFK in the forest in the hopes of getting souls via the exploit of other invaders or the forest itself. They offer no aid in combat and merely are farmers of a different kind, traitors really.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:07 pm

traitors will not be tolerated in the forest hunters, we will follow them to the ends of the earth and cut out their hearts to present to alvina!
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Mmh, I posted this in another section but it was a great moment so:

Today I was shooting arrows at the red dragon tail, in that spot under the bridge, and I got invaded. The guy had a really bad timing, I think he was on the bridge as I shot an arrow to the tail. The red dragon flew on the bridge and barbequed him in 3 fire breathes. I could see the flames around me from below but I was unhurt, and the invader got vanquished Praise the Sun

...Yeah, almost felt sorry for him.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:39 am

Ho ho ho!
    Rona
    Rona

Post by Rona Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:03 am

Finally joined the Sunlight Covenant last night. Time for some Jolly Cooperation.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:19 am

Reaperfan wrote:My favorite moment is the first time I ever beat the Four Kings on NG+ solo. I still don't know exactly how I did it, I just remember it was one of my Faith builds that used claymores. This game gives more sense or reward for beating a boss than almost any other game, but this one fight was the first time I literally jumped out of my chair and shouting in excitement on the last hit. I actually had to take a break afterwards to let the adrenaline get out of my system happy

EDIT: Post #300, I'm officially Obsessed!

haha, i can totally understand what you mean, after i soloed super O with my faith 175 on NG++ i immediately jumped forward and started waving some of my ''floppy'' parts in front of the tv Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far? - Page 4 3207319737
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:05 am

Favorite PvE moment was the approach and cut scene for Sif. After getting kicked around by uglies for weeks it was cool to see a "noble" enemy. The approach is epic too.....isolated bridge to gigantic gate, little stream and rubble all serence like, huge doors open, gigantic circle, still serence, notice lots of swords embedded in the ground in various states of disrepair, huge sword, huge grave, W..W...W..W..WOLF!!! Ok, that's crazy. Why is he grabbing the sword? Oh that's why....YOU DIED

Favorite PvP moment was last night. I was practicing farmer killing in the forest and invaded a guy I knew was a 2v1 farmer from an earlier invasion. I'm sticking to the trees and observing the area. I notice a) singing in my head "The treeees are aliiiive...with the sound of rustling! b) Another guy in blue aura to my left.

I start harassing with poison arrows and draw the farmers to our location. BOTH of us hunters make a beeline toward the middle of the forest but in separate directions. He heads toward the wall and I go toward the cliffs. The phantom farmer chases the other hunter and the host chases me. Perfect as I need some sweet sweet revenge on the guy. I circle around to the far side of the trail to the bridge and he does the same. I drop into the little valley hoping he follows down (narrow areas mean less backstabsies) and roll immediately assuming he will falling attack. He obliges in all respects and in comes my bonus.....a tree. He tries to run by the tree and get by then realizes I stopped running. "Curses" he thinks.....now I am boxed in. "I must kill the tree." Lottery style bonus....ANOTHER TREE. Now he is literally wedged in the little valley between two violent trees. What he expected to be a 2v1 farmer style is now a 4v2 Hunter style and the host (hee hee hee) is on the losing end of a 3v1. As he was on last nights "Known farmer list" honor dictated that Alvina whispered to me through the trees that Great Scything him while he was wedged was the right thing to do. I could see the look of terror even through the solid rock known as his Havel's helmet.

Second best PvP was being chased by two farmers with no player backup. I got them to follow all the way to where the Eastern Set is despite the fact they had done no deforestation prep. I was killed by WoG spamming (it happens) but got to watch as five or six trees formed a circle around the guy and played catch with his head until TARGET DESTROYED. Hopefully anti-bullying legislation doesn't come to the forest because those trees were definitely using their best playground antics.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:48 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Favorite PvE moment was the approach and cut scene for Sif. After getting kicked around by uglies for weeks it was cool to see a "noble" enemy. The approach is epic too.....isolated bridge to gigantic gate, little stream and rubble all serence like, huge doors open, gigantic circle, still serence, notice lots of swords embedded in the ground in various states of disrepair, huge sword, huge grave, W..W...W..W..WOLF!!! Ok, that's crazy. Why is he grabbing the sword? Oh that's why....YOU DIED

Favorite PvP moment was last night. I was practicing farmer killing in the forest and invaded a guy I knew was a 2v1 farmer from an earlier invasion. I'm sticking to the trees and observing the area. I notice a) singing in my head "The treeees are aliiiive...with the sound of rustling! b) Another guy in blue aura to my left.

I start harassing with poison arrows and draw the farmers to our location. BOTH of us hunters make a beeline toward the middle of the forest but in separate directions. He heads toward the wall and I go toward the cliffs. The phantom farmer chases the other hunter and the host chases me. Perfect as I need some sweet sweet revenge on the guy. I circle around to the far side of the trail to the bridge and he does the same. I drop into the little valley hoping he follows down (narrow areas mean less backstabsies) and roll immediately assuming he will falling attack. He obliges in all respects and in comes my bonus.....a tree. He tries to run by the tree and get by then realizes I stopped running. "Curses" he thinks.....now I am boxed in. "I must kill the tree." Lottery style bonus....ANOTHER TREE. Now he is literally wedged in the little valley between two violent trees. What he expected to be a 2v1 farmer style is now a 4v2 Hunter style and the host (hee hee hee) is on the losing end of a 3v1. As he was on last nights "Known farmer list" honor dictated that Alvina whispered to me through the trees that Great Scything him while he was wedged was the right thing to do. I could see the look of terror even through the solid rock known as his Havel's helmet.

Second best PvP was being chased by two farmers with no player backup. I got them to follow all the way to where the Eastern Set is despite the fact they had done no deforestation prep. I was killed by WoG spamming (it happens) but got to watch as five or six trees formed a circle around the guy and played catch with his head until TARGET DESTROYED. Hopefully anti-bullying legislation doesn't come to the forest because those trees were definitely using their best playground antics.

I totally agree about Sif, it's so beautiful I died a couple of times because I was just staring ❤
    Love the description "solid rock known as the havel's helmet" lol!
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Favorite moment in Dark Souls occurred yesterday while invading in New Londo. I invade this mage and he is at the top of the stairs after the first set of ghosts. He has homing souls out. I am able to get them to fire prematurely. Then he takes off running towards the entrace of New Londo. I say, the heck, lets try a falling attack, I hit him for 1300 damage with my lightning flamberge from the top to the first set of stairs, he is still alive but has fallen onto the bottom. I follow up another falling attack while he on the ground... killed him. Apparently this guy had around 1500hp and was much higher level than me.

Second funniest, I invade New Londo. I fight this mage on the bridge, I fall towards my death. He accidentally attacks once more and follows me. I die and get souls for defeating him. Then I messaged him and apparently both of us got souls for defeating each other
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:38 pm

My brand new favorite moment: Chasing the man-serpent from the bonfire to the ladder after invincible-Seath killed me, furiously mashing R1 the whole way, then trying to climb the ladder after him with no stamina. I'd never seen what happens when you try to climb a ladder with no stamina before. That's freakin' hilarious.
    Enigma5991
    Enigma5991
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Enigma5991 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Winning my first pvp in the Undead Burg, and getting enough souls to level up 10 times.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:19 pm

The first time i ever killed the bell tower gaurdians was like a freaking godsend. I had died like, 40 times to those assholes and was seriously close to quiting the game for good. Right at the start of the fight, i remember thinking "just foucus on one of them." i beat that *******, and i was going beserk. Jeez, thats when i knew that dark souls was really a keeper.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:03 pm

My favourite moment so far is beating Ornstein & Smough in new game+ in co-op with a Spanish player (thank you toco-toco-_-). As I've said in an earlier post Solaire and I hadn't been having much luck, so I bit the bullet and went on line and summoned help. We were invaded but beat him no worries, got past the guards and I summoned Solaire again to help. Wow, Solaire was a changed man! My buddy and Solaire more or less finished Smough off before I could a look in, so I just stood back and calmly poured arrows into him. Same modus operandi with Ornstein. Magic!

The best thing about this is experience is I know now how much more rewarding playing in co-op is than going it alone. Who knows, one of these days I may pluck up the courage to lay down my summon sign and help someone else.
    Asacolips
    Asacolips

Post by Asacolips Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:30 pm

This game is just way too awesome to have a definitive first moment. I think the closest to favorite moment that I've had would be getting my lightning Zweihander up to +5 and then smashing two invaders in a row to death with its right trigger attack.

Then again, my favorite moment may have been beating Gwyn for the second time. My college's internet is served out through what's essentially a massive router, so I usually can't successfully host and get assistance. Beating Gwyn marked beating every single boss twice. Solo!
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Gwyn was my biggest disappointment, No Cutscene for the final boss at all?! The weakest boss in the entire game (Pinwheel) gets one but not Gwyn!?!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:45 pm

wow this thread really got atention!

I don't even remember my post, but I believe my greatest moment offline was when I finally beat Ornstein and Smough for the first time, after dying countless times. I remember that I had leveled up too much and could not summon anyone, and I aways managed to get my bloodstain back at the boss area. I raged so much when they killed me, but after beating them it felt so good.

For online moments I have many favorites, could do a list
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:49 pm

^ Only bad part about solo-ing O & S is that that bastard Ornstein can hit you through Smough. its bad enough that there are two of them, but when they can hit you through each other its ridiculous.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:20 am