Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
wretchedsausage
Jovias-86
Major_kenny
GrinTwist
Animaaal
Hugh_G_Johnson
chaos4ever181
Thedeadships
inksoldier
foppehenk
arkhamresident
JayTheBadger
densetsushun
vixder/pennywise
User1
Halicarnassis
chantienyee
AMBFCHD
Relbaic
Wade_Wilson
linngallo
IIdoneus
Serious_Much
ManatuBear
BrotherBob
Soxette
sandrorr23
Elifia
Dogwelder
Enviy
jaythibodeau
Gawain
T-King-667
Maneater_Mildred
moomootv
Razielthemanslayer
Tchuwib
Kerberos-013
Tolvo
Sentiel
Wolfsbane
Soris Ice Goldwing
crbngville2
befowler
DigitaLinsanitY
WandererReece
VaDoom
Dusk Soul
Walter_White
TheBigLebowski
raecor14
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
aqueous12
twilightwarwolf
Sneezer
gmwdim
Carphil
reim0027
GreatLordNero
ublug
Djem
Uparkaam
Jester's Tears
iGBx
Kyogen
twigsterxd
Odinbear
nieblaashx
Nybbles
Dibsville
Demon Slayer
billy_bayonet
Green__Eagle
Fry1156
79 posters

The flickering is back

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

The flickering is back - Page 3 Empty Re: The flickering is back

Post by Nybbles Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:33 am

well, since i'm gonna be playing offline for a while anyway, i think i'll delete the patches and return to the Dark Souls with the bottomless box and dragon head glitch, play through it a few times and make me a bunch of characters for PVP so i'll be good and ready for when the flicker bug is fixed.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:21 am

After my experience against invisible magic and weapon buffs yesterday evening, I think I will play Demon Souls untill this is fixed...
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:37 am

Nybbles wrote:well, since i'm gonna be playing offline for a while anyway, i think i'll delete the patches and return to the Dark Souls with the bottomless box and dragon head glitch, play through it a few times and make me a bunch of characters for PVP so i'll be good and ready for when the flicker bug is fixed.

twisted
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:40 am

Any word from "FROM" about all this? I don't participate in social media much. I'm assuming they are aware of this and it's being dressed.

Anyone try reinstalling the patch? I'd try it but I'm at work.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:31 pm

I was getting absolutely no coop action since my summon sign is probably invisible, so I started invading. I think I was completely invisible, people would react to the invasion message, but seem to have no inkling where I was. It took me all of five minutes to figure out I could invisibly lead someone through Anor Londo trident buffing every mob just before they got to it. Pretty sure I failed the "with great power comes great responsibility" ethics test on that one.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:42 pm

LOL, "Befowler the Troll"
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:50 pm

And thus a new form of trolling has emerged. silly

Seriously though I hope you guys get this issue of yours fixed soon. It really does sound like it is a game-breaking effect.Not to sound like I am nick picking but why didn't the PSN side have the rings till now?

Edit: My writing is way off today.
    Wolfsbane
    Wolfsbane

Post by Wolfsbane Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Everything was fine till I played this morning. Now I'm looking if my soul doesn't flicker when Im trying to get it. Kept stepping in Quelaag's Lava because I couldn't see the pools. almost killed me that way
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:58 pm

Let me get this straight.
    From fixed Resonance Rings, but it created a flickering bug in DLC areas.
    From released PS3 only patch to remove the problem, by removing the rings.
    From figured out where the problem was and released another patch to finally allow PS3 users to see and use Resonance Rings.
    Sony released a firmware patch, that made the problem appear again, for one reason, or another.

You know, releasing patches on consoles ain't free, it costs a lot of money. Huge kudos to From for doing this.

However I wonder about few things.

~Why was the flickering originally only in DLC areas and why is it now everywhere?
    ~How is it possible that the flickering didn't appear immediately after the firmware, but it took some time? The first post is from yesterday, but the firmware was three days ago, if memory serves.
    ~Why the hell does this problem exist in the first place and why is it exclusive to PS3?
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Sentiel wrote:Let me get this straight.
    From fixed Resonance Rings, but it created a flickering bug in DLC areas.
    From released PS3 only patch to remove the problem, by removing the rings.
    From figured out where the problem was and released another patch to finally allow PS3 users to see and use Resonance Rings.
    Sony released a firmware patch, that made the problem appear again, for one reason, or another.

You know, releasing patches on consoles ain't free, it costs a lot of money. Huge kudos to From for doing this.

However I wonder about few things.

~Why was the flickering originally only in DLC areas and why is it now everywhere?
    ~How is it possible that the flickering didn't appear immediately after the firmware, but it took some time? The first post is from yesterday, but the firmware was three days ago, if memory serves.
    ~Why the hell does this problem exist in the first place and why is it exclusive to PS3?

I also wonder about the DELAY, from update to problem. Then it goes system wide, once it starts. I know on the inter net there is something called propagation when referring to domain names which refers to it taking a day or so for the www.whatever.com to propagate across all the servers on the Internet . Maybe it's the propagation of the PSN updates that triggers it. Obviously it's a bug that is giving them problems tracking it down.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Suddenly my Channeler Cosplay with Pursuers sounds a lot more effective for invading.
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:59 pm

This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. How can they (PSN) make the same mistake a second time. I mean, really what the F do their testers actually DO over there???

Sometime I really, really hate the playstation, this entire console generation has been 1 big cluster F.

Last edited by Kerberos-013 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:00 pm

It's pretty pointless to say it, but damn does it piss me off. Just got that flickering problem too. Make the game annoying to play. Waiting for a fix I guess sad
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:55 pm

It's too hard to play with this. :S
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:12 pm

Its not that difficult, its more annoying then anything
    moomootv
    moomootv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by moomootv Wed May 01, 2013 2:22 am

love it come back from demon souls for a few weeks and i get this laggy crap with inv pursuers love it
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed May 01, 2013 2:30 am

moomootv wrote:love it come back from demon souls for a few weeks and i get this laggy crap with inv pursuers love it

Looks like you're running low on punctuation marks, here's a few to restock you.

Give me a yell when you run low again, as it helps us understand you better.

Joking aside, I don't believe this is from the patch, but from the system update.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Wed May 01, 2013 11:41 am

I cant even make a UUW episode with this glitch happening yet again. Thanks to me not even being able to see what spells my foes are spamming (everything from homing soul mass to pursuers have the same character attack animation) with that said everything looks the same all of my pvp deaths today were because i dont even see what im trying to dodge/avoid. Knowing bamco its probly gonna take 6 months before this gets patched. or maybe as a celebration patch just before dks 2 comes out? like they did with the dlc for this game?

EDIT: please excuse my raging rant
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed May 01, 2013 2:37 pm

T-King-667 wrote:I cant even make a UUW episode with this glitch happening yet again. Thanks to me not even being able to see what spells my foes are spamming (everything from homing soul mass to pursuers have the same character attack animation) with that said everything looks the same all of my pvp deaths today were because i dont even see what im trying to dodge/avoid. Knowing bamco its probly gonna take 6 months before this gets patched. or maybe as a celebration patch just before dks 2 comes out? like they did with the dlc for this game?

EDIT: please excuse my raging rant

I'm with ya. It sucks. Played yesterday fer a few minutes, invisible magic in dark anor Londo kilt me once, the glitch is worse this time, more invisible than before.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Wed May 01, 2013 2:47 pm

What kills me, is that the game is a Sony/PS. Game. Primarily, yet it works fine on all the other systems. Lends even more support to the hypothesis that it is a PSN issue.
    Gawain
    Gawain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gawain Wed May 01, 2013 3:07 pm

I was doing some co-op in Anor Londo, when I noticed item drops were invisible. It'll say 'press x to pick up item' though. Then I noticed ALL the bonfires were flickering. The one in firelink shrine is flameless! -_-
    Anyway so I took game out & carefully cleaned disk like an idiot. silly
    It didn't do nothing, thats when I rushed here lol.
    I hope FROM fixes this soon its annoying..
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Wed May 01, 2013 6:31 pm

I seriously hope that they fix this. I mean, do we really need resonance rings? I know I'm not gonna miss them, to be honest. For now, I'm done with random PvP. It makes magic way too difficult to fight. Not to mention, I've now been running into more glitches for some reason. For example, I got backstabbed, while still taking damage, yet I could move around. I've never seen that sorta thing before. :shock:
    Enviy
    Enviy

The flickering is back - Page 3 Empty Flickering needs to GO! We need updates!

Post by Enviy Wed May 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Holy crap this flickering nonsense is annoying as CRAP!! I can't stand it because it completely changes the lighting in areas like the hydra lake in Dark Root Basin. I took a break from trying to fight Manus with the graphics glitch and omg it becomes very distracting and impossible see the dark magic. :evil:

Does anyone have any idea of when it will be fixed? Is it a result of the 1.08 patch or the PSN update? At first it looked like people thought it was the patch but now its starting to look like people think its exclusively PSN.
    Dogwelder
    Dogwelder
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dogwelder Wed May 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Damn. Last week I finally started another playthrough after months away from the game, and now this. Hopefully it won't be too long before the problem's fixed. In the meantime, looks like I'll have to get back to my ongoing Wild Arms playthrough which I've been putting off.

I feel worse for new players who have bought Dark Souls on PS3 in the past few days only to find it in the state it currently is (if they're online, of course). DKS is obviously an amazing game, so it's a shame that these players' initial experience with the game will be marred by this problem.
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Wed May 01, 2013 7:08 pm

It would be nice if From/bamco acknowledged that a problem exists and let us know they're working on it.
    If anyone has a link to any official statements I would be very grateful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:46 am