Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
XachAttack
Latitoast
Dibsville
Soris Ice Goldwing
Hatsune Miku
Satoshi
10 posters

Minor Kendo Injury

Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Minor Kendo Injury - Page 2 Empty Re: Minor Kendo Injury

Post by Latitoast Fri May 03, 2013 11:46 pm

Satoshi wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:
    My room is the size of a common bathroom.

I don't have room for stabs.

Try outside.
    I live in the rural Southern part of Murica, if I walked outside with my wooden sword, my parents would tell me I'm some f***cking nerd who plays video games too much, and needs to get a "real hobby" like sports, fishing, hunting, etc. Anyone who saw me in the yard practicing would tell me the same thing, and I'd quite literally drop from my social status as "That awkward kid not too many people talk to" to "That weird freak who likes swords, if he talks to you tell him he's a f***cking creep and walk away from his sorry a**"
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri May 03, 2013 11:47 pm

^That is me and my relationship with my school when it comes to foreign ways.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri May 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Latitoast wrote:
    Satoshi wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:
    My room is the size of a common bathroom.

I don't have room for stabs.

Try outside.
    I live in the rural Southern part of Murica, if I walked outside with my wooden sword, my parents would tell me I'm some f***cking nerd who plays video games too much, and needs to get a "real hobby" like sports, fishing, hunting, etc. Anyone who saw me in the yard practicing would tell me the same thing, and I'd quite literally drop from my social status as "That awkward kid not too many people talk to" to "That weird freak who likes swords, if he talks to you tell him he's a f***cking creep and walk away from his sorry a**"
    Don't care what people think of you. That's their ignorance for judging in the first place.
    I learned the hard way.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Fri May 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I am near sided in my right eye and being right handed means I have to hold a gun with my right hand and shoot with my left eye. A reason why I prefer close combat. I need a sparring partner.

I am near sighted in my left eye and I am left handed. How ironic! If you need a sparring partner, have you asked your friends?

[/quote]I live in the rural Southern part of Murica, if I walked outside with my wooden sword, my parents would tell me I'm some f***cking nerd who plays video games too much, and needs to get a "real hobby" like sports, fishing, hunting, etc. Anyone who saw me in the yard practicing would tell me the same thing, and I'd quite literally drop from my social status as "That awkward kid not too many people talk to" to "That weird freak who likes swords, if he talks to you tell him he's a f***cking creep and walk away from his sorry a**"[/quote]

First of all, your parents need to learn that people have interests. They call you a "nerd" even though that this is an amazing way to increase physical stamina, and it will be able to teach you combat. For hunting, I have killed a deer with a Shinai alone. Also, you shouldn't demote yourself, that only makes it work, keep a positive outlook on life and do what you want to do, it doesn't matter at all what people say. They are only ignorant people who do not know the meaning of "happiness." They believe that everything should fit their preferences, yet it shouldn't, they are not allowed to control others, so you must do what you want to do in order to have freedom. Just do it, you will not regret it!
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri May 03, 2013 11:52 pm

People are only interested in Europe at my school.

A German exchange student came to our school and everyone was interested in him, but if OP came to my school, he'd probably get ridiculed for not liking guns.

One time we had to make teams for a game and the other team was named "Quack n Stack" because the guy who suggested it had those words written on the side of his shotgun.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri May 03, 2013 11:54 pm

Satoshi wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I am near sided in my right eye and being right handed means I have to hold a gun with my right hand and shoot with my left eye. A reason why I prefer close combat. I need a sparring partner.

I am near sighted in my left eye and I am left handed. How ironic! If you need a sparring partner, have you asked your friends?

I live in the rural Southern part of Murica, if I walked outside with my wooden sword, my parents would tell me I'm some f***cking nerd who plays video games too much, and needs to get a "real hobby" like sports, fishing, hunting, etc. Anyone who saw me in the yard practicing would tell me the same thing, and I'd quite literally drop from my social status as "That awkward kid not too many people talk to" to "That weird freak who likes swords, if he talks to you tell him he's a f***cking creep and walk away from his sorry a**"[/quote]

First of all, your parents need to learn that people have interests. They call you a "nerd" even though that this is an amazing way to increase physical stamina, and it will be able to teach you combat. For hunting, I have killed a deer with a Shinai alone. Also, you shouldn't demote yourself, that only makes it work, keep a positive outlook on life and do what you want to do, it doesn't matter at all what people say. They are only ignorant people who do not know the meaning of "happiness." They believe that everything should fit their preferences, yet it shouldn't, they are not allowed to control others, so you must do what you want to do in order to have freedom. Just do it, you will not regret it![/quote]I wish I could.

The sword would probably land in the burn pile along with my laptop and my Xbox if I tried to learn sword fighting.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri May 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Rednecks any?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri May 03, 2013 11:56 pm

No one I know at school will want to spare with me. I'm kinda the weird student for knowing so much about Japan, and the fact I find Japanese music, some parts of culture and history better than the U.S.A. Really only my mother and father to an extent understands my fondness for this.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri May 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:No one I know at school will want to spare with me. I'm kinda the weird student for knowing so much about Japan, and the fact I find Japanese music, some parts of culture and history better than the U.S.A. Really only my mother and father to an extent understands my fondness for this.
    Not even my parents, understand why I like it. But then again they don't even know I like it. My brother had a few pictures of anime related things on his computer and my parents saw it, said it was weird and said I better not get interested in any of it.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri May 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Come to North Carolina. There is a mix of people here.
    One group will surely accept you. Unless you have some disability like me.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Fri May 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Latitoast wrote:People are only interested in Europe at my school.

A German exchange student came to our school and everyone was interested in him, but if OP came to my school, he'd probably get ridiculed for not liking guns.

One time we had to make teams for a game and the other team was named "Quack n Stack" because the guy who suggested it had those words written on the side of his shotgun.

Buy a pistol sword. My friend let me borrow it, and because it is both a sword and a gun, people can like/hate it because of it's versatility.

Oh, I get ridiculed? Do I look like I care? Honestly, they seem way to ignorant to understand what it is like for people like us. We are the people who rise above and make achievements over others who try to use popularity to get through the world, realizing that they can't charm or shoot their way to the top. If they hate me for not liking guns, I hate them for liking guns, I honestly do not care what they think.

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote: No one I know at school will want to spare with me. I'm kinda the weird student for knowing so much about Japan, and the fact I find Japanese music, some parts of culture and history better than the U.S.A. Really only my mother and father to an extent understands my fondness for this.

If they don't want to spar with you, you can just practice by yourself outside. When I could only train by myself because the girl I lived with was too young, I practiced on an extremely thick, sturdy tree. I didn't have the best grades for U.S. History, but when it came to anything that involved Japan, I got 100% and extra credit.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat May 04, 2013 12:03 am

Problem with the gun sword.

I have parents, they hate anything Japanese, I'd probably lose any connection to the outside world for showing interest in a gun sword, and they'd blame it on "TEH VIOLENT VIDYA GAEMZ DAT RUIN R SOSITY" and I'd be forced to watch Duck Dynasty for entertainment(And by entertainment, I mean something to make time go by faster"
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 12:05 am

I think I'll buy a shinai if I intend to hit study objects. That sword I have I keep in good condition and I put a lot of force into swings.

Anime and my mother go way back. We used to watch Japanese movies in English when I was younger so she understands where I am standing with this.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Sat May 04, 2013 12:05 am

My mom, brother, and dad don't understand why I like forgien music. Especially anything asian.
    I don't understand why they are like that. But I've accepted that for the time being untill, maybe I find a song they might like.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat May 04, 2013 12:12 am

Nobody is willing to understand my interests.

The people who added me on Xbox constantly bug me about how I need to play a "real game" like CoD instead of Dark Souls.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Sat May 04, 2013 12:14 am

Then forget them. Try finding friends that accept you, for what you like and who you are!
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sat May 04, 2013 12:15 am

Latitoast wrote:Problem with the gun sword.

I have parents, they hate anything Japanese, I'd probably lose any connection to the outside world for showing interest in a gun sword, and they'd blame it on "TEH VIOLENT VIDYA GAEMZ DAT RUIN R SOSITY" and I'd be forced to watch Duck Dynasty for entertainment(And by entertainment, I mean something to make time go by faster"

Come here, my child, I shall protect you! (Seriously, your parents aren't really that nice.)

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Also what grade are you in Kendo?

Oh, boy. I was not thinking clearly when you said that. (blame the head injury.) As starting Kendo when I was only five, I quickly excelled when I got to become an actual student. As I am 23 right now, I should've just gotten into 5-dan right now, but by excelling so much beyond all the students, even the adults, I managed to get into 6-dan by the time I should've gotten 4-dan.

I greatly appreciated my past self for all the hard work and injuries that I had to get to make it this far. I got into 6-dan by the age of 18 because of my skill. I decided to stay in 6-dan until now. I am about to do the 7-dan test.

Latitoast wrote: Nobody is willing to understand my interests.

The people who added me on Xbox constantly bug me about how I need to play a "real game" like CoD instead of Dark Souls.

I understand your interest. Also, those people who say CoD is good, is because they typically like things handed to them, they are used to holding r1 for two seconds and automatically beating the game.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 12:17 am

To be honest I am proud of my interest with learning of Japan. It was the first step into looking at the world in a wider view than what I see in the news. I want to learn more as time goes by.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sat May 04, 2013 12:19 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:To be honest I am proud of my interest with learning of Japan. It was the first step into looking at the world in a wider view than what I see in the news. I want to learn more as time goes by.

I agree with you completely. Moving here is your best bet if you want to learn more.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 12:21 am

Satoshi you are a renshi then? So I assume that when you are 46 you want to take the test for 8-dan?

....So I guess am too old to even try formally.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sat May 04, 2013 12:23 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Satoshi you are a renshi then? So I assume that when you are 46 you want to take the test for 8-dan?

....So I guess am too old to even try formally.

I am not a renshi, I am only 23, but with skill, I am in 6-dan. I shall be attempting the 7-dan test soon. You are never too old to do this.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat May 04, 2013 12:25 am

Satoshi wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:Problem with the gun sword.

Come here, my child, I shall protect you! (Seriously, your parents aren't really that nice.)

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Also what grade are you in Kendo?

Oh, boy. I was not thinking clearly when you said that. (blame the head injury.) As starting Kendo when I was only five, I quickly excelled when I got to become an actual student. As I am 23 right now, I should've just gotten into 5-dan right now, but by excelling so much beyond all the students, even the adults, I managed to get into 6-dan by the time I should've gotten 4-dan.

I greatly appreciated my past self for all the hard work and injuries that I had to get to make it this far. I got into 6-dan by the age of 18 because of my skill. I decided to stay in 6-dan until now. I am about to do the 7-dan test.

Latitoast wrote: Nobody is willing to understand my interests.

I understand your interest. Also, those people who say CoD is good, is because they typically like things handed to them, they are used to holding r1 for two seconds and automatically beating the game.
    I meant in real life silly

I have to put on a fake personality everyday at school, because I don't have the emotional capabilities to withstand the kind of hate some people give out.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sat May 04, 2013 12:28 am

Fake personality? I tried that, it failed horribly, I literally took a scalpel and slit my wrist in science from so much anger that was pent up inside myself. After that, I spent the rest of my school years, not saying A SINGLE WORD. The only person I talked to is the girl I live with...You know, because I doubt people will go look for us, I will just say the names of my friends from now on.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 12:31 am

I must train again. I forgot to add that moving to Japan would be more a hassle for me since the language and writing systems are hard to learn and I am better at translations strangely enough. Japan seems so interesting that I may visit at one point. If I do I intend to go to a Shinto shrine and pay my respects and acquire a charm or two. Standing out has more benefits than cons to me and Touhou is usually the entrance way to the rest of my interest in Japan.

Also we really need to fight each other at one point. I get hate for using the chaos blade katana but I make it a point to show how real samurai used a katana in their hands. It'll be fun.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat May 04, 2013 12:31 am

It's worked out quite well for me.

Mainly because that fake personality, is a nonexistent personality.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:27 am