Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
XachAttack
Latitoast
Dibsville
Soris Ice Goldwing
Hatsune Miku
Satoshi
10 posters

Minor Kendo Injury

Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Minor Kendo Injury - Page 3 Empty Re: Minor Kendo Injury

Post by Hatsune Miku Sat May 04, 2013 12:33 am

I love how I'm being ignored.
    Ah! The wonders of sarcasm.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 am

Careful Lat doing that may cause you to lose yourself and that is hard to recover when lost.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat May 04, 2013 12:40 am

I don't plan on associating myself with anyone here.

So I don't talk to anyone here.

There are some cool people here, but not that many people are the kind of people I want to talk with.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sat May 04, 2013 12:42 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I must train again. I forgot to add that moving to Japan would be more a hassle for me since the language and writing systems are hard to learn and I am better at translations strangely enough. Japan seems so interesting that I may visit at one point. If I do I intend to go to a Shinto shrine and pay my respects and acquire a charm or two. Standing out has more benefits than cons to me and Touhou is usually the entrance way to the rest of my interest in Japan.

Also we really need to fight each other at one point. I get hate for using the chaos blade katana but I make it a point to show how real samurai used a katana in their hands. It'll be fun.

The main hassle is getting there in the first place. It costs quite a lot. If you go to a shrine, I would love to see you there if we ironically went to the same one. Ever since I've been to one, many rooms in my residence is lined with holy charms. Touhou really is a great series, I must agree with you (look at my picture, and you can tell.) Oh, I don't really do organized fights. I plan on starting organized fights one month from now. It might be a long time and near the release of Dark Souls II, but it's when I plan to start.

At first, I thought you literally meant that I should go back to America to fight you in person, but when I saw "Chaos Blade," I immediately knew it was Dark Souls.

Tomorrow morning, I am going to practice my skills with the Wakizashi and the Tantō. I mainly use Nitōjutsu with the same weapons, it's basically a 1/100 chance of me using different weapons, but I've been practicing with combinations for different ranges. I plan on practicing a Wakizashi/Katana mix, but tomorrow, it's only using two Wakizashi or Tantō.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 12:47 am

Well I'm in Florida so that is a long trip to take either way. I can use a charm here and I always wanted to go to a festival there. Satoshi I am a big fan of Touhou as you can tell form my sig and avatar. Yeah no thanks I rather not fight a 6-dan and lose in two minutes in real life haha. I'm joking here.

Last edited by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sat May 04, 2013 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 04, 2013 12:48 am

Where in Florida...
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 12:49 am

Dibsville wrote:Where in Florida...
    I say Florida and you show up Dibs. I'm not telling where I am.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 04, 2013 12:52 am

Mhmm.
    Anyway, on a real note, I have a wooden... shortsword I guess you could call it.
    Not big enough to be hard to control my swings, but not small enough that I won't get any sort of exercise from swinging around with it...
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 12:57 am

Is it a curved blade?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 04, 2013 12:57 am

It's straight.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sat May 04, 2013 12:58 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Well I'm in Florida so that is a long trip to take either way. I can use a charm here and I always wanted to go to a festival there. Satoshi I am a big fan of Touhou as you can tell form my sig and avatar. Yeah no thanks I rather not fight a 6-dan and lose in two minutes in real life haha. I'm joking here.

Oh, you're in Florida? That sort of stinks. Honestly, being at shrines is one of the most peaceful places in the world. I could NOT tell you liked Touhou at all.

Dibsville wrote:Mhmm.
    Anyway, on a real note, I have a wooden... shortsword I guess you could call it.
    Not big enough to be hard to control my swings, but not small enough that I won't get any sort of exercise from swinging around with it...

Honestly, using a shortsword isn't as different as using a Wakizashi or Tantō, it depends on the weight and length of it though. If you need something better, I recommend getting a longsword.

I plan on having a sword smith friend make me a Shinai that has the same weight and length of a Nōdachi. It shouldn't be too hard to handle, sure, it's been years since I've used a Nōdachi, but with a wooden one, I can be rusty, but still be safe when I swing.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 04, 2013 1:04 am

It's about 4 pounds or so, it's pretty heavy for how small it is. If I had to find a picture closest to it, I'd say something like:
    Minor Kendo Injury - Page 3 Wp-sw-95
    Different hilt and of course length, but otherwise that's about as close as I can get.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 1:05 am

I imagine that the spiritual peace of the shrines are very well tended and mediating is a really good way to keep the mind fresh. On touhou I am pretty sure you seen the thread of it I run. On training I believe I am using a wooden sword that resembles the tachi so I should develop fighting styles that used the tachi well.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sat May 04, 2013 1:07 am

Dibsville wrote:It's about 4 pounds or so, it's pretty heavy for how small it is. If I had to find a picture closest to it, I'd say something like:

Different hilt and of course length, but otherwise that's about as close as I can get.

Your best bet is to buy a longsword or a katana, wooden of course, and use it in tandem with the shortsword. I find using a long weapon while using a short weapon to be useful. The longer weapon is mainly for one strong attack to disorient or stagger the enemy, while the shorter weapon can preform multiple stabs or slashes whilst using less of your energy. The problem is overestimating your reach. That was the demise of my friend Dalton when he was using a rapier against me.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 1:09 am

I take it back I really am using a wooden katana. I had to compare the curve of the blades of the katana and tachi.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 04, 2013 1:11 am

I've always wanted to get a Rapier, but ever since we moved I had my wood shop taken away because it was in the shed and our landlord was a maniac who wanted to **** my 12 year old sister.
    We moved out the next day.
    Other than that, they're not just going to sell a rapier to some 15 year old kid and my mother won't buy me one, so I'm kinda out of luck on that one.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sat May 04, 2013 1:16 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I take it back I really am using a wooden katana. I had to compare the curve of the blades of the katana and tachi.

You make it sound like it's a sabre. If it's a wooden katana, I recommend not using a hacking motion when you attack. You need to move your wrist or glide the blade on the opponent in order to attack. Hacking motions are made for axes and long/broadswords, not katanas, which excel in the ability to make smooth cuts.

Dibsville wrote:I've always wanted to get a Rapier, but ever since we moved I had my wood shop taken away because it was in the shed and our landlord was a maniac who wanted to **** my 12 year old sister.
    We moved out the next day.
    Other than that, they're not just going to sell a rapier to some 15 year old kid and my mother won't buy me one, so I'm kinda out of luck on that one.

If I had a landlord who even attempted that, I would have no mercy in attacking him while armed. I am glad you moved, that guy was scum. Dalton has trained with the rapier for years on end and it's his main weapon. It is weird saying Dalton because he changed it due to pressures from others. His REAL name is Takashi.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 1:20 am

I am learning to use my wrists and connect my mind with my hands right. So far I say I am okay but I need practice. However after going through the Water book I have been working on my reactions and what I see from the sides. So far I have been told to be freaky quick on my reactions.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 04, 2013 1:22 am

I tried slowing down my actions but I just can't do it without a longer weapon. I try to barely swing but because it's just small enough but its weight is pretty big, it just slides away.
    I found I'm much better off going fast, but I'll probably try that when I get a bigger weapon.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sat May 04, 2013 1:27 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I am learning to use my wrists and connect my mind with my hands right. So far I say I am okay but I need practice. However after going through the Water book I have been working on my reactions and what I see from the sides. So far I have been told to be freaky quick on my reactions.

I have virtually mastered my awareness in all directions, so all you need to do is train vigorously with people using side attacks and uppercuts against you. I took a giant risk with my reaction time with tests. I would have my friends randomly carry a mini Shinai with them at all times and randomly try to attack me. Last time they tried it, they ended up on the ground with that same Shinai to their throat.

Taking your skills to the next level is best when it is unplanned. It is mainly due to the fact that you might need to use these skills at a random point in time, and if you use the skills you learned when it came to set matches, it will not be as effective.

I got into a fight last week with a big, burly man, but still one because of all the training I went through.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 04, 2013 1:29 am

I wish I could be as in-depth as you guys
    I just have a Wooden Spatha, if you wanted to be more precise.
    I used to have a Zweihänder, but I broke it by accident being an idiot. sad
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sat May 04, 2013 1:34 am

Dibsville wrote:I wish I could be as in-depth as you guys
    I just have a Wooden Spatha, if you wanted to be more precise.
    I used to have a Zweihänder, but I broke it by accident being an idiot. sad

Oh...a Spatha doesn't seem so bad, but having it somewhat longer would be best. Breaking your Zweihänder wasn't being an idiot. Think about it, it's an extremely long blade, and the longer it gets, the more fragile it gets at the end.

Dibsville wrote:I tried slowing down my actions but I just can't do it without a longer weapon. I try to barely swing but because it's just small enough but its weight is pretty big, it just slides away.
    I found I'm much better off going fast, but I'll probably try that when I get a bigger weapon.

Slowing down your actions is key to any fight. That and feigning. Slowing down your actions and then speeding up when they are distracted by a different weapon to mimic the flow of water will greatly increase your power and chance to win the battle. So a bigger, yet lighter weapon will probably do best for you. Remember, before you buy a weapon, ask if you can test it out by holding it and making slower swings, then progressively get faster until you decide which one is right for you.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 1:35 am

I always had a shifty eyes thing and can hear many conversations at once. I just focus now on seeing without having my pupils looking in the same direction. That and sensing things with one eye open while using my ears to sense my blind spot. It did save me when a student tried to attack me and I noticed two things. 1: He was not following his usual path to his next class. 2: I kept catch his orange shirt near my back and I new what he was going to do. I did not fight as I would get suspended but I played victim pulling him off me well. I only needed to defend myself and not fight him.

Since then I always keep three sharpen pencils in my pockets when something is wrong. I know where soft tissue is on a human.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sat May 04, 2013 1:41 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I always had a shifty eyes thing and can hear many conversations at once. I just focus now on seeing without having my pupils looking in the same direction. That and sensing things with one eye open while using my ears to sense my blind spot. It did save me when a student tried to attack me and I noticed two things. 1: He was not following his usual path to his next class. 2: I kept catch his orange shirt near my back and I new what he was going to do. I did not fight as I would get suspended but I played victim pulling him off me well. I only needed to defend myself and not fight him.

Since then I always keep three sharpen pencils in my pockets when something is wrong. I know where soft tissue is on a human.

Wow, we both have good eyes and ears. We have many things alike. I've been attacked during school many times, ironically, no adult did anything about even though they saw it happen. I never feel the need to keep anything with me due to lessons I have taken. I feel as if I don't have to have any form of extra protection unless the odds are stacked against me by far. Like a 1v1 is fine, but when seven people try to attack me, I am obviously going to have a weapon with me.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 04, 2013 1:47 am

I make it point in real life that if I ever get in a fight I fight to kill. It has defused some issues I faced and I know that some people at my school carry knives and grudges they will carry out. My safety is something I take seriously and in honesty I would have used those pencils to puncture nerves in the hand or cause enough tensions to get me to put them in a police chokehold and hold out till the lack of Oxygen weakened them enough to either give up or lose consciousness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:52 pm