Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
RANT
Zechk
Forum Pirate
skarekrow13
zRegulas9z
bloodpixel
CrackSouls
Serious_Much
Wade_Wilson
Yesuurd
14 posters

Dark Souls Little Brother

Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark Souls Little Brother - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls Little Brother

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:42 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:It doesn't go away altogether with women either (or men for that matter) you just gotta find someone whose drama is compatible with yours. Getting back semi on topic...

I hope gaming is one of many things I can pass on to my little one. My mom used to let me skip school on occasion and we'd sit and play Nintendo all day. She was an original hardcore gamer, and a pioneer in challenge/speed runs. I may be exaggerating that a bit but she was able to take on the original Legend of Zelda in one sitting and not letting poor Link die once. And she could do the infinite lives turtle trick in Super Mario Bros. Once the Playstation era began her and my brothers would have to save carefully to make sure no one's file got overwritten. Before wikis there was mom, who could tell you where to get any materia you were looking for, or how to prepare for the Abyss in Filgaia....

Gonna get more sappy so now is the time to stop reading if you want....

She passed away in April, 2009 after being sick since the previous fall. During that time I was playing Crisis Core on PSP. I was prepared to hand the game to her with my PSP but her hands and eyes couldn't make a go of it. I made sure to give her a story play by play because to us...it was important.

That's an amazing story, thanks for sharing and my condolences for your mom, sure she is rooting for you wherever she is, everytime you are pvping and probably badmouthing ganker for ya happy
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:45 pm

I'm giving my brother a copy for his birthday. He typically only plays CoD, but hopefully he can take a break from it to enjoy something else... we'll see.

If he doesn't like it I'll regift it to my other brother.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Ahh everyone should bond over Dark Souls..lol

The little guy is here and he's already hacking away at the burg, I tell ya he is fast...wanna see him go at the gargoyles cuz I didn't tell you guys he saw me play and he was all like he could do it better bla bla, cocky kid.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Yesuurd wrote:Ahh everyone should bond over Dark Souls..lol

The little guy is here and he's already hacking away at the burg, I tell ya he is fast...wanna see him go at the gargoyles cuz I didn't tell you guys he saw me play and he was all like he could do it better bla bla, cocky kid.

kids are like sponges dude, theyre good at everything they do, im pretty sure he'll be kicking your *** on pvp in no time.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:39 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:Ahh everyone should bond over Dark Souls..lol

kids are like sponges dude, theyre good at everything they do, im pretty sure he'll be kicking your *** on pvp in no time.

Me too, I hope so...right now he was fighting the boar and he just ran through, I told him "hey go back and kill that pig, how do you expect to kill the gargoyles and everything else if you run past that **** boar?"

He said "I thought this game was easier than demon souls but damn was I wrong" lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Sadly my younger Sibling did not take to the game when I tried. They merely said the graphics were awful, the combat was clunky, and that the game wasn't difficult just stupid. Mind you they couldn't get past the tutorial, but man. It's sad to see something so good given a blind eye for almost no reason at all. I hope your younger brother enjoys the game, and I look forwards to him posting on the forums...But I swear if he comes in here talking about Call of Duty Elite! silly
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Tolvo wrote:Sadly my younger Sibling did not take to the game when I tried. They merely said the graphics were awful, the combat was clunky, and that the game wasn't difficult just stupid. Mind you they couldn't get past the tutorial, but man. It's sad to see something so good given a blind eye for almost no reason at all. I hope your younger brother enjoys the game, and I look forwards to him posting on the forums...But I swear if he comes in here talking about Call of Duty Elite! silly

Hahaha no, he is a demon souls addict ng+++++ he surely enjoys this games, that is a fact, I know he likes COD but once he got into demon souls I couldn't get him off it, in fact I ordered dark souls because I was sure he was gonna like it and we were gonna play online together.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:53 pm

Let's see if your brother likes to duel or not, you might have yourself quite a good sparring partner if so.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:00 pm

I am sure he does, very competitive and persistent...damn ISP is down so I can't register him to the forum right now, will introduce him as soon as it gets fixed.

He already named himself Demon Slayer in-game silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:01 pm

Dragonslayer Slayer, or King Slayer might have come in more handy for certain bosses haha.
    sethdallen

Post by sethdallen Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:51 pm

This whole thread reminds me of myself at that age, roughly 12 or so with game suddenly taking the internet by storm such as Quake and Total Annihilation. That was '97 and I had been gaming with my immediate family since I could push a cartridge in. My mom was the same was as another poster described, she had literally filled several notebooks full of game notes and solving riddles / puzzles, etc. Too bad she doens't play games online or else that would be fun.

Anyway, I've always prided myself on being good with games and such which I feel is due to having plaed them for so long, so I bet your bro will continue on like this indefinitely. I am sad to say that I have owned both Demons Souls and Dark Souls since they were each released and I haven't done hardly any PVP. I played DkS for several months without even logging into the PSN, but I am realizing now that I am missing something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:29 pm