Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
KrazykevS10
Seignar
ResIsBestStat
FireproofFlame
8 posters

Karmic Justice hack : Auto detonate

FireproofFlame
    FireproofFlame
    Casual
    Casual

Karmic Justice hack : Auto detonate Empty Karmic Justice hack : Auto detonate

Post by FireproofFlame Sun May 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any information on how this hacked miracle came about, I know the only miracle left out of the game that is accessible through hacking is escape death, yet when I was PvPing in the Undead burg the other day I came across a person using this miracle. It basically allows a person to trigger Karmic Justice on command and I have encountered it a number of times. The only way to counter it would be to stay out of it's range or roll backstab. As far as I know Karmic Justice only has 4 casts, but that was probably altered. Has anyone else shared this experience. ? I witnessed this on the Xbox 360 and was surprised to see it take out half my health in one cast. I do not cheat myself but I thought I heard of all the tricks in the book until I saw that.

Last edited by FireproofFlame on Sun May 05, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Karmic Justice hack : Auto detonate Empty Re: Karmic Justice hack : Auto detonate

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun May 05, 2013 4:28 pm

FireproofFlame wrote:Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any information on how this miracle hack came about, I know the only miracle left out of the game that is accessible through hacking is escape death, yet when I was PvPing in the Undead burg the other day I came across a person using this miracle. It basically allows a person to trigger Karmic Justice on command and I have encountered it a number of times. The only way to counter it would be to stay out of it's range or roll backstab. As far as I know Karmic Justice only has 4 casts, but that was probably altered. Has anyone else shared this experience. ?

This spell is called by hackers "Ancient Pulse" It's basically WoG but with faster casting and more damage.
    Yeah hackers are getting really good at modding Dark Souls now
    FireproofFlame
    FireproofFlame
    Casual
    Casual

Karmic Justice hack : Auto detonate Empty Re: Karmic Justice hack : Auto detonate

Post by FireproofFlame Sun May 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Thank you, I was wondering what it was called. Was it coded into the game by hackers?. As escape death was the only miracle purposely left out by developers.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun May 05, 2013 4:35 pm

FireproofFlame wrote:Thank you, I was wondering what it was called. Was it coded into the game by hackers?. As escape death was the only miracle purposely left out by developers.

It was coded with data of Karmic Justice since it's a buggy spell. I'm however not sure what kind of damage it deals, if it's magic it could be countered with Crest Shield,.
    FireproofFlame
    FireproofFlame
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FireproofFlame Sun May 05, 2013 4:39 pm

I'm sure pretty it's a miracle as people using it use the darkmoon talisman to cast it, as I stated with 1600+ health it dealt about 1200 damage to me. Good to know you can dodge it by rolling though. It does share similarities with WotG.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun May 05, 2013 4:40 pm

I got to hand it to them, they gave it a cool name. Now if only they could be so kind as to try to balance it. Like, I know Karmic Justice sucks, but maybe what they could have done was give it a 5-10 second delay before the explosion to make it at least like a different casting that people can enjoy and not something just outright stronger.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun May 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Seignar wrote:I got to hand it to them, they gave it a cool name. Now if only they could be so kind as to try to balance it. Like, I know Karmic Justice sucks, but maybe what they could have done was give it a 5-10 second delay before the explosion to make it at least like a different casting that people can enjoy and not something just outright stronger.

They are hackers, scum that want to ruin gamers life, although this spell could be a cool and balanced spell.
    FireproofFlame
    FireproofFlame
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FireproofFlame Sun May 05, 2013 4:50 pm

I am pretty sure the REAL Karmic Justice hates me. As I once tried casting it in the burg (Trying to test it's damage output not actually fight), and I was down to 1 quarter of my health in 2 minutes, by letting people wail on me with katana's and what not. And guess what ?, The cast wore off without detonating ! It was not my proudest moment, as I died shortly after trying to re-cast the miracle... Look Skyward
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun May 05, 2013 5:16 pm

All non-DLC magic has a develepor version with infinite casts.My guess is that the karmic justice explosion spell was put in to test damage without having to be slapped around first.It has both better range AND damage that wrath so be wary when you see anyone use it.Also watch for people with way too many casts of anything,they may have the infinite version.Look at the stats of the top book of the guilty guys to see what I mean,their spells have an infinity symbol for casts left.
    FireproofFlame
    FireproofFlame
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FireproofFlame Sun May 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Yeah I think you're correct. "Ancient Pulse" was probably just a beta test of Karmic Justice that hackers found encoded and nicknamed it in order to make people believe it was a "secret" miracle and not a result of their illegal activity.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun May 05, 2013 8:49 pm

I've looked around in the save files of the game, and I've seen some pretty interesting stuff. Like a Black Eye Orb for Shiva and the armor of the Rickert of Vinheim. And in the files it has something called "Karmic Justice Explosion", which is what you guys are talking about. I tested it out on some trees in the forest and if I am holding a Tin Crystal Catalyst it does near 1600 damage with a faster casting time then anything in the game. Dexterity doesn't even factor in since it is pretty much instant. Why developers never learn to put **** like this out of the finished game, I will never know.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun May 05, 2013 8:53 pm

All the spell is is a Karmic Justice modded to have the Soul Arrow cast time. Honestly, they should have made it with Combustion cast time, but I'm not the one who made it so meh.
    Either way, it only does more damage than WoG under certain conditions, there's a thread that covers the damage of Karmic Justice that you can refer to if you want to find out how.
    FireproofFlame
    FireproofFlame
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FireproofFlame Mon May 06, 2013 6:59 am

Thanks for the input guys. SirArchmage, I actually heard of the Shiva black eye orb. :black-orb: It was supposedly a dialogue where Shiva asks you if you own the Chaos Blade, and if you pull it out he kills you and steals it. You then invade him in Blighttown if I remember correctly. And to Dibsville, I will check out that Karmic Justice thread and how to use it effectively, as I was down to 1 quarter health and it didn't trigger!. Look Skyward
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 am

Karmic Justice triggers by being hit a multitude of times within a certain time radius. If you were fighting someone with a fast weapon like the Balder Side Sword, it would only take about 5 hits because the timer wouldn't go back up quickly enough to reset the hits. If you were fighting someone with like a Zweihander though, it may take about 8 hits depending on how they attack.
    A good example are the Homing Soul Masses. If all of them connect, the KJ will go off.
    FireproofFlame
    FireproofFlame
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FireproofFlame Mon May 06, 2013 11:12 am

Oh ok thanks, so it's not the force of the attack as long as they attack in quick succession. I'll try it again later.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon May 06, 2013 12:06 pm

It's too bad that karmic justice doesn't detonate on critical hits. It does work great against dark bead and soul mass though, even if you roll through the spells and take no damage, karmic justice will go off instantly.

i believe that karmic justice explosion was a spell that existed in the game during the beta phase but was pulled from the game at a later time. Unfortunately they left it in the code for hackers to find and use. I'm actually kinda surprised that hackers haven't been using the four kings greatsword that exists in the code as an equipable weapon as well.
    FireproofFlame
    FireproofFlame
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FireproofFlame Thu May 23, 2013 2:19 pm

Hmm, never heard about that sword before, but I have heard of people optimizing Karmic Justice with Crown of Dusk, Bellowing Dragon Crest Ring etc... my friend's PvP build revolves around it, does like 1800 damage! laughing
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu May 23, 2013 7:45 pm

As far as I am aware the 4 Kings Sword is only a mesh, you can't equip it. What you can do is put that mesh on another weapon but it's still the host weapon (stat/moveset wise) with a different skin.

Also that Ancient Pulse hack sounds like the miracle the DLC was missing (serious FROM y u no give me a miracle?). Slow the cast time down a little bit and give it 8 casts and it's practically Dark Bead for Faith users.

Also speaking of hacks that we've never seen before, I ran into a guy last night that had the Elizabeths Mushroom status effect on permanently, had never seen that one before. I wouldn't have noticed either except that he had Grass Crest equipped rather than Sanctus. Sly hacker.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu May 23, 2013 7:48 pm

StiffNipples wrote:As far as I am aware the 4 Kings Sword is only a mesh, you can't equip it. What you can do is put that mesh on another weapon but it's still the host weapon (stat/moveset wise) with a different skin.

Also that Ancient Pulse hack sounds like the miracle the DLC was missing (serious FROM y u no give me a miracle?). Slow the cast time down a little bit and give it 8 casts and it's practically Dark Bead for Faith users.

Also speaking of hacks that we've never seen before, I ran into a guy last night that had the Elizabeths Mushroom status effect on permanently, had never seen that one before. I wouldn't have noticed either except that he had Grass Crest equipped rather than Sanctus. Sly hacker.
    Did he cast something when you saw him, or did you hear a cast? If so it might have been Replenishment. That is a miracle with the same effect, and it lasts a long time.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Fri May 24, 2013 1:47 am

I'd fought him earlier and although he was wearing Solaires Armour 3+ swings of a Demon Great Machete couldn't stun him (and only did about 350damage total) and when I arrived he had the Sanctus aura around him along with the stamina aura from the Grass Crest shield he was using.

I died in 3 hits of hit BSS (~1200hp) so I gather he was hacking a bit. I invaded him later on and when I arrived he already had both auras active. I too had thought it was Replenishment, but then he ran and I chased him for 8minutes in which he never recast it and it never wore off. He then ran away and accidentally rolled off the cliff when I scared with the the Stone Greatswords TWoP
    Karmic Justice hack : Auto detonate 2707236321

But it was definitely a permanent status, I've used Replenishment a lot, and it doesn't last for 8 mins Karmic Justice hack : Auto detonate 3679643796
    FireproofFlame
    FireproofFlame
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FireproofFlame Fri May 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Hmm, hopefully you don't encounter him again. Some people stack the effects of rings through hacking so he may have had Wolf ring + RoFaP + Red/Blue Tearstone ring + Hornet ring all combined into "One ring to rule them all!" The Eye If not, then file a complaint and move on.Some people just get fun out of ruining the game for legitimate players. I have to ask... did he Well What is it you ? If so, he was in fact most likely a troll...
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Sat May 25, 2013 12:14 am

Nah no taunts, he just fell off a cliff, the first time however he just shrugged.

There were two other guys in the Forest that night hacking also, both in the same gettup, one would insta kill with an arrow as you spawned, the other would insta curse you, they also both just spammed shrug.

First guy was definitely hacking though, just not at obvious as the other two.

Forest is normally fairly good though, those 3 were the first hackers I've run into in the Forest in a couple of hundred hours.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 am