Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+41
GenericUsername
Soul of Stray Demon
tinypantha
JohnnyHarpoon
twigsterxd
passivefamiliar
IHateTheFourKings
Tolvo
MikailArksot
Reaperfan
Slarg232
reim0027
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
Encore
Animaaal
Hart
Kiva the wanderer
Marino.
SirArchmage
Ghadis_God
Hatsune Miku
bunnywink
AnCapaillMor
Mr. Tart
Rifter7
GrinTwist
RANT
Wade_Wilson
twilightwarwolf
DemonOfFate
KrazykevS10
ResIsBestStat
Forum Pirate
Soris Ice Goldwing
Latitoast
densetsushun
nsane32
Serious_Much
User1
PlasticandRage
45 posters

The "let it out" thread.

KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The "let it out" thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The "let it out" thread.

Post by KrazykevS10 Wed May 29, 2013 1:45 pm

First world problems incoming....
    I swear,every goddamn person I meet,whether it be where I live or online,is a complete f**king moron.I'm sick and tired of the attempts at bullying,the verbal abuse and random sh*t these people spew from their noiseholes.All of my life,I'd had to deal with this crap and these people don't learn even when I'm knocking the sh*t out of them.What the hell is wrong with humanity? I see nothing but aggression and selfishness. F**k this planet,I don't want to live on it. I'm constantly p***ed off from how other people behave.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Wed May 29, 2013 2:05 pm

Preachin to the choir dude.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Wed May 29, 2013 2:38 pm

My life has drastically changed in a matter of months. I find myself in a position I've never thought I'd be in, walking towards a future I never really dreamed for myself. I've given up a lot and have even lost a few friends, but for the first time in a long time, I'm looking forward to what's ahead.

I wanted to share this because I noticed that a lot of people here seem to be at that point in their lives where everything seems hopeless. Believe me, it's never hopeless - things can and will change.

"I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them."
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed May 29, 2013 2:45 pm

bunnywink wrote:I wanted to share this because I noticed that a lot of people here seem to be at that point in their lives where everything seems hopeless. Believe me, it's never hopeless - things can and will change.

"I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them."
    Well said Bunny. Not much more I can add to that, it's never hopeless. Stay strong everyone.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed May 29, 2013 2:52 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:First world problems incoming....
    I swear,every goddamn person I meet,whether it be where I live or online,is a complete f**king moron.I'm sick and tired of the attempts at bullying,the verbal abuse and random sh*t these people spew from their noiseholes.All of my life,I'd had to deal with this crap and these people don't learn even when I'm knocking the sh*t out of them.What the hell is wrong with humanity? I see nothing but aggression and selfishness. F**k this planet,I don't want to live on it. I'm constantly p***ed off from how other people behave.
    That's hippo-critical.
    Everybody's an arshole from time to time. That's a known fact. You're an arshole for bullying me in Serious' Off-Topic thread.
    Get used to everybody being an arshole, even yourself.
    End of story.
    Arshole.
    /Rant
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Wed May 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
    That's hippo-critical.
    Everybody's an arshole from time to time. That's a known fact. You're an arshole for bullying me in Serious' Off-Topic thread.
    End of story.
    Arshole.
    /Rant
    1. Hypocritical.
    2.Calling you mainstream for liking Skyrim in a mocking manner should not have been taken seriously,especially when I have a troll face avatar.
    3.Arsehole.
    I cannot believe you took that seriously to be honest,why on Earth would I actually insult you for liking a game,that's just silly.And my corrections are a joke too.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Wed May 29, 2013 2:57 pm

"How we survive is what makes us who we are."

So, today I was depressed because soon all my friends will split up and chances are we will never see each other again. But the day got worse as I had to borrow some money from my mother to pay my friend. I had the money just not a small enough amount to make it effective. Then I noticed I dropped the money, but I thought "it´s just at home". Then I noticed that my only phone-charger was missing. But then it got worse, as I went to check if the money was in the family car. Guess what? I lost the car key. Now I lost the only means for effective transportation if i don´t find it, money that was supposed to be my friends and the means to charge my phone.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed May 29, 2013 3:08 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:
    Fluttershy wrote:
    That's hippo-critical.
    End of story.
    Arshole.
    /Rant
    1. Hypocritical.
    2.Calling you mainstream for liking Skyrim in a mocking manner should not have been taken seriously,especially when I have a troll face avatar.
    3.Arsehole.
    I cannot believe you took that seriously to be honest,why on Earth would I actually insult you for liking a game,that's just silly.And my corrections are a joke too.
    I can be a serious person, sometimes; and I took that seriously and as an offense.
    And believe it or not, just because you have a troll face in your avatar, doesn't mean you can't be taken seriously. Also, believe it or not, some; or should I say a lot; of people are ignorant enough to judge you based on what games, movies, tv show, clothes, how you act and talk, etc.
    But that doesn't mean they are completely bad. My dad mocks me for liking MLP. It may not bother me. But just think if it did?
    /rant
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Wed May 29, 2013 3:14 pm

Last reply here and then I'm ducking out to avoid derailing this.
    Unless you fall into a specific gamer stereotype such as the well known rude CoD player,I don't judge.And I'd have to know you are rude rather than just see you playing that game to make the assumption.Skyrim is very mainstream but you could be an Elder Scrolls fan like I am,or you could simply like the game.It isn't hurting me so oh well,why bother hating you for it? I might be crazy but I'm not stupid,hating people for liking a game is silly.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed May 29, 2013 3:17 pm

/Problem solved, but not resolved.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bunnywink Wed May 29, 2013 3:42 pm

Everybody has their own comfort levels. Even if you don't think what you've said was offensive, the person the comment was directed to may have found it offensive... And that's okay. You don't get to define what makes someone else uncomfortable. In situations like that, it's best to just move on and learn from it.

Personally, I can't really tell when someone is being sarcastic unless I know them very well.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed May 29, 2013 9:16 pm

I'm actually really good at reading the intent/tone/meaning of a statement, the problem comes with others generally failing to understand my meaning. I put a lot of effort into being clear too, but it never works out.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Really glad to hear it, bunny.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bunnywink Thu May 30, 2013 5:09 pm

We need to resume 2s. I miss it.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 30, 2013 6:50 pm

bunnywink wrote:My life has drastically changed in a matter of months. I find myself in a position I've never thought I'd be in, walking towards a future I never really dreamed for myself. I've given up a lot and have even lost a few friends, but for the first time in a long time, I'm looking forward to what's ahead.

I wanted to share this because I noticed that a lot of people here seem to be at that point in their lives where everything seems hopeless. Believe me, it's never hopeless - things can and will change.

That's amazing, bunny. I'm so thrilled for you! The "let it out" thread. - Page 6 4205493335 The "let it out" thread. - Page 6 3696440546
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu May 30, 2013 10:28 pm

bunnywink wrote:We need to resume 2s. I miss it.
    Indeed. It was fun.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu May 30, 2013 11:01 pm

I guess I'm feeling the depression of always being in second place. I am either good or can get good at almost everything I try. I have above average intelligence and physical ability. When I apply myself to a creative or physical skill I can pick it up more quickly than most and be better than them in a short period of time. After going to a good college, my standing intellectually has dropped from being one of the five smartest students to being in the top fifth of students. I take pride in my writing skill above most other things but it's likely not at a level to create anything meaningful or lasting.

It's a petty gripe, it must seem, to not be exceptional at anything; few are, and I ought to count my blessings that I have the abilities I do. But it's frustrating to be this close to being exceptional without actually excelling in anything, maybe even more so than if I was nothing. I know what it would take to be truly extraordinary and I know I don't have it in me, which is far more depressing than being the underdog, being able to foster hope under the shelter of ignorance.

Maybe hard work could elevate me. It's not that I'm not working hard, but if I put in a superhuman effort, practiced something until I bled, dedicated my entire being to something, maybe then I could raise myself up. Indeed, that's probably how most exceptional talents reach and stand at the top. But I'm scared to try. I have a block against it, a block which probably stems from the fear of failure, of putting in a monumental effort and hitting a wall just a bit higher than my current skill that no amount of effort will surpass. It's lazy and cowardly, I know, and my greatest dream is to become great, truly great at something. Just wondering if anyone has tips on how to break out of it.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Sounds like a page out of my diary, Ghadis. I'm very athletic as compared to the general population, but I'm never going to be a professional athlete. I'm highly intelligence but I am by no means a genius. I would sacrifice a little bit of my skill in either category to put it into one.

It sucks being in this gray area. I don't know what you can do, eventually, I suppose, you'll discover your niche.

Dem feels... The "let it out" thread. - Page 6 973602971
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu May 30, 2013 11:27 pm

It seems that both me and Pendant feel the same way about ourselves as you do, Ghandi. In everything I do I feel as though I can be better then everyone around me, though then I meet someone that is better. There is always that one guy that is better. No matter what, it seems that I can reach for the top, nearly get there, and find someone elses hand already on it with a deathgrip around it that I cannot compete with. This is one of the reasons that I was depressed much of the time, but that was before I decided to try to inspire myself with a few things. I gained my confidence up through the thought process of "if I can think it I can do it" and can do much more things with my overly boosted confidence, thinking that I can do things that are most definitely not going to happen, but reaching for there nonetheless. I also, as part of the thing where you do not want to put forth that extreme amount of effort that it takes to get to the top, I convinced myself that every act was of the same importance. Everything was remedial, and this dedication to things people saw and this extremeness was simply for me an everyday thing. I got inspiration from Dead Poets Society, Fight Club, Youth in Revolt, and other things to help myself think of these tireless training sessions that I may do to accomplish something is a simple thing. And, if we are really similar, you have tried many different things and found yourself not having the ability to reach the very top in any, just excelling equally in everything. Not sure if this helps you any, telling you about my mantra of pretty much "do excellence with ease", and I am not even sure if I conveyed my point correctly, but nevertheless, hope this helps. Probably won't, but still. Hope.

Also, I am a proud writer as well and love hearing other peoples stories. You should post one of your stories, seeing as others are doing it as well recently.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 31, 2013 12:27 am

I used to feel the same way. Then I realized why I would never be "exceptional." Sacrifice. I'm not willing enough to make the necessary sacrifice. I feel like, with the right dedication, I could have been exceptional at martial arts. The only teacher I've ever fully respected gave me the only global compliment I ever heard him utter. He would say, "you're doing x well" when people did. But he complimented me, not an action. Still, I admit I was not yet exceptional. Closer than many perhaps but not there. What would I have had to sacrifice to get there? A lot. I believe I truly have been close enough to taste exceptional, but at the brink I also understood the cost. Many of us are gifted. Very few are born exceptional. The vast majority that make it, are due to obsession. I've known dedication. I've lived willpower. I've been close to obsession. And therefore only close to exceptional
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Fri May 31, 2013 12:41 am

I find a lot of how I feel in these descriptions and I get some of the things ya'll say but I don't get all of it. I hate to sound dumb but can someone explain it a bit simpler to me?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri May 31, 2013 12:55 am

It's like... I'm good at a lot of things without having to try too hard to get good at them. But I know I'll never be truly great, uniquely great, at anything without a superhuman amount of hard work and dedication, and I'm feeling scared to choose something and fail, because the price of failure is higher the harder you try and the more blood sweat and tears you've put into it.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Fri May 31, 2013 1:02 am

I understood that and feel for the most part the same way but I meant how the others described the ways they "fixed" it. Hell I could be wrong that they fixed it.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri May 31, 2013 1:10 am

twilightwarwolf wrote:I understood that and feel for the most part the same way but I meant how the others described the ways they "fixed" it. Hell I could be wrong that they fixed it.
    It seems to me that Pendant accepted it, Skare realized that he didn't want to put forth all his life towards just one goal, and I used philosophy to give myself way too much confidence to be put down by things like that, and my confidence usually lets me succeed even more then usual by my sheer belief that if I try at it I will succeed, and even if I don't I just laugh about it.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Fri May 31, 2013 1:18 am

Ohhh ok thanks for the explanation...God I feel so dumb now. Ah well at least it's not like I have been feeling. I'm going to have to think on what I should do to fix mine. Nice to know im not the only one who feels like that though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:45 am