Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
befowler
White Knight Wulf
O1va_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Horrendus
SirArchmage
RANT
Latitoast
Dibsville
Slarg232
14 posters

I think I've graduated from the Forest, Time to GRAVELORD!

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I think I've graduated from the Forest, Time to GRAVELORD! Empty I think I've graduated from the Forest, Time to GRAVELORD!

Post by Slarg232 Sun May 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Title, I think I'm done my time in the forest.

Can anyone give me some good tips as to what to build for? With the Forest, you can use Buffs over and over since you get them back between invading people, but that wouldn't really help in the Gauntlet that is Nito's Power.

I'm starting to piece together a Gravelord Build, but would greatly appreciate any sort of templates or such that have been "known to work" for people.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

I think I've graduated from the Forest, Time to GRAVELORD! Empty Re: I think I've graduated from the Forest, Time to GRAVELORD!

Post by Dibsville Sun May 19, 2013 9:04 pm

My gravelords usually go in places where the Bonfires are inside of the invasion zone, such as Oolacile Township.
    Speaking of Township, I'd recommend you go there with a SL 99/100.
    Use weapons that either can't be buffed or grab some Charcoal Resin for the ones that can.

Derp
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I think I've graduated from the Forest, Time to GRAVELORD! Empty Re: I think I've graduated from the Forest, Time to GRAVELORD!

Post by Latitoast Sun May 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Just listen to Dibs and you'll be gravelording in no time.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun May 19, 2013 9:11 pm

I would recommend a pure melee build since you will be getting invaded constantly and you will not have time to recharge your spells, the fog door is so annoying cause it stays up forever not giving you a break in between fights and quitting out to recharge your spells is a waste of an eod.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun May 19, 2013 9:22 pm

Go with what Dibs or Rant said. Also stock up on Green Blossoms and Humanity so you can heal even if you run out of estus, and Green Blossom just as a constant buff. Also weapons that can stunlock and kill very quickly are good, as you may get double or triple teamed seeing as you area gravelord if you don't kill them quick enough. Also could put on some spells if you wish just so that if you are losing, you can whip them out and surprise them for an easy kill. Just try not to do it too much.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun May 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Hmmm, that's a good point, I wouldn't have thought about not using other spells as well.

Is the Gravelord Sword actually any good? (In the loosest form of the word. Everything is good if the guy with it is good.)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun May 19, 2013 9:42 pm

glgs is awesome because it sends people flying, I don't care if it only hits for about 300.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun May 19, 2013 9:43 pm

What SL is good for Gravelording?
    Horrendus
    Horrendus

Post by Horrendus Sun May 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Where can does one gravelord at SL55?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun May 19, 2013 9:48 pm

Honestly, the only area I ever gravelord in as of now is Oolacile. SL 80-100 seems to get the most action out of it.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun May 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Ok.
    Do you still get a bit out of SL 120? Because that's where I can take my build and still light roll.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun May 19, 2013 9:50 pm

SL 120 still gets plenty, but there's a huge increase in people who use buffs. It's not fun when you constantly get 3-shot.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun May 19, 2013 10:01 pm

make an sl 99(100) and you will get vaded by lower levels(80) up to sl 120 so you will get the most action because of it. sl 55 is good for anor londo.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun May 19, 2013 10:06 pm

Might I suggest Grave Lording Tomb of the Giants? You may not get as much action, but they will pretty much be forced to join your world with all the phantom Skeletal Dogs there are, and the thought of them just suddenly staring a red phantom Skeleton in the face and getting owned by it is too hilarious to miss out on.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun May 19, 2013 10:15 pm

clear all mobs nearby before strating to grave lord, so many people try to use the enemies as shields when fighting gravelords, maybe cause their scared or have no clue whats going on... also bring prism stones.
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Mon May 20, 2013 3:23 am

If you're going to use GLGS I would use minimum stats, it has crappy scaling not worth ivesting. Also if you actually want to infect people take in to consideration that the developers stated that you can only be gravelorded in NG+ and after, so SL55 might not work for spreading misery, your gravelord sign will still shows up, just no red phantoms.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue May 21, 2013 4:54 am

Actually u can be infected in ng its just more likely in NG+
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue May 21, 2013 1:36 pm

I've never seen gravelord BPs on a NG character, but see them all the time with my NG+ guy. I also like gravelording in the township, my favorite tactic is actually taking that really long elevator down from outside Arty's arena, that empties out near the hidden area where Sif is. Once you use an EoD down there a fog wall blocks off the elevator, so the only way people can get to you is by jumping off various spots (and taking fall damage unless they have Fall Control), so you can't get ambushed and rarely have to deal with more than one at a time. They're also much more likely to get killed by the BPs in their cursed world (notably the extra chained prisoners) before they can even find you. Spreading misery at its finest.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed May 22, 2013 12:03 am

It is IMPOSSIBLE to see BP's in NG, you must be in NG+ or beyond. While you can still get infected, you WILL NOT see BP's.
    Just to clarify.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed May 22, 2013 12:09 am

I've seen bps in ng before
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed May 22, 2013 12:27 am

It is impossible to do so. Although you can get infected, you have to be in NG+ in order to see BP's. If you saw BP's in NG, it was a major glitch.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed May 22, 2013 12:33 am

Why is that?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed May 22, 2013 12:34 am

Ask the person who made the Gravelord covenant. Shrug
    General rule is that NG people can't see BP's.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed May 22, 2013 12:54 am

I've seen bps in ng too, about four times.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Wed May 22, 2013 2:25 am

reim0027 wrote:Why is that?
    Think of a beginner just starting the game Reim. Think of this little person, with an Eagle Shield, Drake sword, knight armor and Gargoyle helm. Think of what his skill level is probably at. Then I want you to look at this video and tell me you can picture him getting through that XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:39 pm