Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Jovias-86
Zulos
Emergence
reim0027
Raijinilli
SadPanda
HellsServant
sids__09
Knarf23
HuexMARI
ray12a
Demon Slayer
Acarnatia
Derpwraith
jaythibodeau
Animaaal
shadowzninjaz
Baby_E
jewfrozack
Serious_Much
Jansports
Ghadis_God
Sneezer
xB_WEEZYx
Murkulanvippi
Saturday-Saint
Elifia
xRamenatorx
St1cky1cky1775
33 posters

[MOD PLEASE DELETE POST]

Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

[MOD PLEASE DELETE POST] - Page 2 Empty Re: [MOD PLEASE DELETE POST]

Post by Jansports Tue May 28, 2013 4:21 am

What constitutes healing? I assume DB/Mushrooms/Manatees But what about the healing miracles? Great heal, or Replenishment? What about the healing from the Butcher knife of Server?

while a Pre order is tempting, these restrictions are a little much, and the build I'd end up using frankly bores me to death. (but it's a really good 125 build)
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Tue May 28, 2013 4:27 am

Lets not be too harsh on him guys. Better to give him contructive critisism in a positive way. happy Like for instance: Hey St1cky, welcome to the forums! I like the idea of tounanent with a price, and the prize is awesome! I'm tempted to join this if the rules are made more clear and not that restricted. The changes you already made are good. Tho i'd change the location due to the lock on range. happy
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Tue May 28, 2013 4:27 am

Jansports wrote:What constitutes healing? I assume DB/Mushrooms/Manatees But what about the healing miracles? Great heal, or Replenishment? What about the healing from the Butcher knife of Server?

while a Pre order is tempting, these restrictions are a little much, and the build I'd end up using frankly bores me to death. (but it's a really good 125 build)
    Murkulanvippi wrote:Lets not be too harsh on him guys. Better to give him contructive critisism in a positive way. happy Like for instance: Hey St1cky, welcome to the forums! I like the idea of tounanent with a price, and the prize is awesome! I'm tempted to join this if the rules are made more clear and not that restricted. The changes you already made are good. Tho i'd change the location due to the lock on range. happy

No Healing, as in no usable items/miracles. The Butcher Knife of Server would be ok. Final Draft of the list of restrictions will be worked out by tomorrow morning.

Thanks Murk, I'm kind of new to the Dark Souls PVP Community. I just started playing this game about 4 months ago. I really appreciate the criticism. This is my first tourney that I have hosted and would really like to continue doing this every other week or something.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the location of the tourney?
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Tue May 28, 2013 4:39 am

Redid the rules, 90% sure this will be the final draft of them.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue May 28, 2013 5:06 am

If you are going through the effort of running a tournament, taking a couple hours to make a new character and bring it up to 105 is pretty trivial.

I don't know DkS locations all that well, but here's important stuff IMO:

-There should be plenty of space on an even surface with clearly-defined bounds. PW Tower Basin, Burg, and Sen's Rooftop all come to mind. Butterfly Forest is a common PvP zone but IMO not good for a tournament IMO since the bounds are not very clearly defined.
    -The game should be able to run at a stable frame rate with 4 players there while the camera is facing any angle. This is the main thing I don't have information on! Get some friends and test out various locations.
    -Lighting should be simple, white light if possible. Dark places like PW Tower Basin, or strange lighting like Demon Ruins, are not ideal. This is not as important as the first two, but it's worth mentioning.
    -It should have low traffic. Getting swamped by invasions and having your participants summoned by randscum will slow down the tournament, which is frustrating and wastes time.

I THINK that Sen's Rooftop has good frame rates. I know it fits the other three qualifications. If the frame rate isn't bad, it'd be the most ideal place to run a tournament that I can think of.

As for the rules, they are a HUGE improvement IMO. Strangely WoG is still banned. This was one of the less egregious rules, though, so w/e.
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Tue May 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:If you are going through the effort of running a tournament, taking a couple hours to make a new character and bring it up to 105 is pretty trivial.

I don't know DkS locations all that well, but here's important stuff IMO:

-There should be plenty of space on an even surface with clearly-defined bounds. PW Tower Basin, Burg, and Sen's Rooftop all come to mind. Butterfly Forest is a common PvP zone but IMO not good for a tournament IMO since the bounds are not very clearly defined.
    -The game should be able to run at a stable frame rate with 4 players there while the camera is facing any angle. This is the main thing I don't have information on! Get some friends and test out various locations.
    -Lighting should be simple, white light if possible. Dark places like PW Tower Basin, or strange lighting like Demon Ruins, are not ideal. This is not as important as the first two, but it's worth mentioning.
    -It should have low traffic. Getting swamped by invasions and having your participants summoned by randscum will slow down the tournament, which is frustrating and wastes time.

I THINK that Sen's Rooftop has good frame rates. I know it fits the other three qualifications. If the frame rate isn't bad, it'd be the most ideal place to run a tournament that I can think of.

As for the rules, they are a HUGE improvement IMO. Strangely WoG is still banned. This was one of the less egregious rules, though, so w/e.
    Yea, I will be leveling another character to 105 and will change the location back to the Burg.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 28, 2013 1:19 pm

huh swag. Can't attend as it's the day before my exams..

Have fun anyway guys! happy
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Tue May 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Serious_Much wrote:huh swag. Can't attend as it's the day before my exams..

Have fun anyway guys! happy
    Well, that's no fun. Maybe next time happy
    jewfrozack
    jewfrozack

Post by jewfrozack Tue May 28, 2013 1:46 pm

St1cky1cky1775 wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:you can tell by the number of souls a defeated person gives you what level he was and thus it's easy to see if he's cheating.
    "It looks like that guy who just lost was cheating! I guess we'd disqualify him if he hadn't just been eliminated."
    "Every participant is required to be killed by the host once to test Soul Level." Nice and simple rule and it keeps things fair.
    Why waste the time and risk somebody out-smarting the rule? This problem was solved eons ago. The host runs the tournament with a SL 105 character. Anybody above SL 125 will be unsummonable.

The only thing wrong with that is that the only character I have even close to that is 113.

We can host on my PS3 if we need to, I have a few more in that range I believe.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Tue May 28, 2013 2:14 pm

I thought the bs restriction was a nice rule. Ive played in a few fight clubs and tournies. If bs is banned people play sloppy but if its allowed AND unhindered once summon starts to lose i gurantee you that a poise bs shall soon follow xD.

Id say no twop by the way. Also no heal. Maybe replenishment?

Also on the xbox side most of the rules were made by a general consensus of the combatants since we were all experienced pvpers. Though i will admit faith builds got hit hard with the no WoG. Basically though the rules were chosen so the winner, for the most part, had to have the most skill

Id also suggest taking out buffs if your trying to test skill rather than who has a one hit = kill build
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Tue May 28, 2013 2:58 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:I thought the bs restriction was a nice rule. Ive played in a few fight clubs and tournies. If bs is banned people play sloppy but if its allowed AND unhindered once summon starts to lose i gurantee you that a poise bs shall soon follow xD.

Id say no twop by the way. Also no heal. Maybe replenishment?

Also on the xbox side most of the rules were made by a general consensus of the combatants since we were all experienced pvpers. Though i will admit faith builds got hit hard with the no WoG. Basically though the rules were chosen so the winner, for the most part, had to have the most skill

Id also suggest taking out buffs if your trying to test skill rather than who has a one hit = kill build
    Thanks for the input, still thinking about rules.
    Baby_E

Post by Baby_E Tue May 28, 2013 6:34 pm

I say no to BS fishing. I want to see who has more skills, not who can roll BS better.

You dwindle someone's health to one bar, they stop fighting and revert to BS fishing to "even things up". Shield up strafing or roll-roll-roll BS. Some say BS fishing is a skill, I call BS.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue May 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Murkulanvippi wrote:Lets not be too harsh on him guys. Better to give him contructive critisism in a positive way. happy Like for instance: Hey St1cky, welcome to the forums! I like the idea of tounanent with a price, and the prize is awesome! I'm tempted to join this if the rules are made more clear and not that restricted. The changes you already made are good. Tho i'd change the location due to the lock on range. happy

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking as I almost vomited from reading the 1st page or so.

You don't like the rules...DONT PLAY. The 1st page of this thread makes me ashamed to even be here.

So, thanks St1cky1cky1775. Offering a pre-order of DS2 is totally <3.

So +1 for you, and I hope your future experiences in this forum are not met with such ungrateful immaturity.

See ya around bro. Bow
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue May 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Im in 4 this tourney sounds like a good one to me big grin
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue May 28, 2013 7:21 pm

^ That's the spirit! cheers
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue May 28, 2013 8:21 pm

All the rules that stuck around almost exclusively punish faith builds. TwoP and WoG gone, Replenishment gone.

There's just no reason to put any points in faith if you're going to participate, sure you can get a buff but so can int, and int's usable spells aren't banned
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Tue May 28, 2013 9:30 pm

^maybe one replenishment cast out of the three duels (only 1 so choose which round to use it in.) Maybe three casts of WoG to limit spamming though stacked with the right stuff WoG hits for almost 1000dmg which is why on the xbox side we limited the number of sorecery/miracle enhancing items to one per build. But you dont want alot of rules. Then again your prize is good so ppl can suck it up haha
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Tue May 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Animaaal wrote:

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking as I almost vomited from reading the 1st page or so.

You don't like the rules...DONT PLAY. The 1st page of this thread makes me ashamed to even be here.

So, thanks St1cky1cky1775. Offering a pre-order of DS2 is totally <3.

So +1 for you, and I hope your future experiences in this forum are not met with such ungrateful immaturity.

See ya around bro. Bow

Thanks, They are kind of right, even though they said it the wrong way. But I appreciate it happy

xRamenatorx wrote:^maybe one replenishment cast out of the three duels (only 1 so choose which round to use it in.) Maybe three casts of WoG to limit spamming though stacked with the right stuff WoG hits for almost 1000dmg which is why on the xbox side we limited the number of sorecery/miracle enhancing items to one per build. But you dont want alot of rules. Then again your prize is good so ppl can suck it up haha

I absolutely hate WoG, I think it's very cheap. That won't be allowed in my tournament. I'm talking to my buddy about allowing 1 Replishment per person fought.
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Tue May 28, 2013 11:49 pm

Made a new PSN, have a char that is 105. Please message TooFadedGaming on PSN to enter this tourney.
    jewfrozack
    jewfrozack

Post by jewfrozack Wed May 29, 2013 1:31 am

St1cky1cky1775 wrote:I absolutely hate WoG, I think it's very cheap. That won't be allowed in my tournament. I'm talking to my buddy about allowing 1 Replishment per person fought.

I really think WotG should be allowed, and I don't really think we need to limit Replenishment, like another guy posted above it kind of screws over faith builds.

Maybe it's just because you suck at timing the roll..
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Wed May 29, 2013 1:55 am

jewfrozack wrote:
    St1cky1cky1775 wrote:I absolutely hate WoG, I think it's very cheap. That won't be allowed in my tournament. I'm talking to my buddy about allowing 1 Replishment per person fought.

I really think WotG should be allowed, and I don't really think we need to limit Replenishment, like another guy posted above it kind of screws over faith builds.

Maybe it's just because you suck at timing the roll..

Shhh, so allow them?
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Wed May 29, 2013 2:11 am

WotG is not restricted anymore, and you may now use Replenishment once per duel.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed May 29, 2013 3:10 am

Faith builds everywhere cheered and rejoiced
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Wed May 29, 2013 3:14 am

I have nothing against WoG in general, it's easy to dodge. But if someones playstyle is based on spamming dead angle wog all the time, that's just sad.
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Wed May 29, 2013 3:17 am

Murkulanvippi wrote:I have nothing against WoG in general, it's easy to dodge. But if someones playstyle is based on spamming dead angle wog all the time, that's just sad.

WoG spamming is pathetic. Which is why I didn't want it allowed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 10:08 pm