Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Soris Ice Goldwing
silentmonkey3
swordiris
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
billy_bayonet
chaz0612
shadowzninjaz
WhiteFatalisLegacy3
JamieJae
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Icegodzilla
Latitoast
Halicarnassis
DarkMoon Kaiser
HereticForLife
Encore
zwanzig-tausend
22 posters

Messengers of Velka Reign

Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka Reign - Page 11 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka Reign

Post by Paragon Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:53 pm

I, Zedain, will not stand for this! Sin or no the Servants of the Gravelord have wrought unspeakable calamities upon this world let alone what they did to me personally. My fury shall burn their rotted corpses to ash! They will not escape me this time; i WILL have justice and finally the people of my village will rest in the peace their souls deserve.

Velka guide me.
    WhiteFatalisLegacy3
    WhiteFatalisLegacy3

Post by WhiteFatalisLegacy3 Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:21 pm

Thank you for welcoming me, Paragon! I will enjoy hunting with you those drenched in sin. I'm a bit of a honor code person myself, so I may not be completely efficient following my own code. 

Hm, though it seems you have a particular loathing for Gravelord Servants. I will have to be weary of these newcomers.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 am

Okay I am getting real close just give me like five more fights of what I am invading and I can call the Painted World the WEAKEST area of sinners anywhere. It is a rarity to fight a good host here. What gives? Granted I like winning but not when I am putting 50% effort and getting 100% rewards. Only three guys out of 20 gave me a challenge but the rest....the rest is child's play. Hell I am not even bleeding these guys and yet I win. I have been on a 17/20 kill streak minus the three who are repeaters. I even got a guy who was hosting fights. Easy win. Where the challenge go?

I got a funny story about the first guy. So I invade a guester new to the place. I had no idea what I was up against. I go to the bridge that connects those two buildings. Nothing but I hear the host. See the ravens and bam I went up there and threw a Lyod's when the host back was turned. Had WoG.. Dodged the first got a hit...another that sent me flying to where the dried finger was. I got dropped hit but not much. A few swings and...I slid off to where you open the door and died. However the host jumped with me and dropped and died too! Got a ear and a good laugh.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:37 am

Nice work Soris! 17/20 is really good too. Expecting nothing less happy
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:52 am

Soris and Hugh are in charge again for a week. I'm grounded. Might still be on here once in a while while if I get the chance (like now I'm at school) but not enough to run the covenant.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:56 am

Well that sucks Sword but eh what can be done? Well we'll take care of the place till you come back.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Okay I am getting real close just give me like five more fights of what I am invading and I can call the Painted World the WEAKEST area of sinners anywhere. It is a rarity to fight a good host here. What gives? Granted I like winning but not when I am putting 50% effort and getting 100% rewards. Only three guys out of 20 gave me a challenge but the rest....the rest is child's play. Hell I am not even bleeding these guys and yet I win. I have been on a 17/20 kill streak minus the three who are repeaters. I even got a guy who was hosting fights. Easy win. Where the challenge go?

I got a funny story about the first guy. So I invade a guester new to the place. I had no idea what I was up against. I go to the bridge that connects those two buildings. Nothing but I hear the host. See the ravens and bam I went up there and threw a Lyod's when the host back was turned. Had WoG.. Dodged the first got a hit...another that sent me flying to where the dried finger was. I got dropped hit but not much. A few swings and...I slid off to where you open the door and died. However the host jumped with me and dropped and died too! Got a ear and a good laugh.

That is really impressive Soris. Well done! but tbh PW is one of the toughest areas on the PS3 on account of the Japanese players. Alot of them are really good and they even hold FC's there.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:12 am

Tonight was the township. Not as bad as you think when it is night or early morning to half the world. The hosts were mixed. some good some bad, some *** and some good challenges. I won enough but I lost enough to know what that feels like again. It felt good. The painting was dead except a few who are better off being killed en mass by the Exiles. Had a repeater who wins by spamming so I killed him...4/5 times. But I like the township better. Had a guy disconnect and when I sent insulting mail to him I got the weirdest form of hatemail ever. I won't post it as it is offensive to women. I replied I invade him again and low and behold I got him and killed him. Good night I say.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:04 am

I took a couple days off from Dark Souls after having a rough weekend and getting hooked on another game.  I loaded up a mage in the Painted World and decided to leave immediately...  Paragon's right about PW being a Japanese hangout on PS3, however I wouldn't know if any of them are good -- I seem to either win or get face-stabbed and I didn't want to deal with that.  I walked straight up to the first undead and parried a jump attack right away, which was encouraging because I've noticed my parry timings tend to show a tad bit of rust with the slightest amount of time away.  However, things quickly went down hill.

I warped to the Princess' Chamber and ran for the Solaire bonfire to 'set up shop' for orb invasions, but I ran straight into a BP silver knight.  I lost a chunk of HP before I even saw him and just then I got a dark AL invasion -- I was able to heal to 100% HP, luckily though.  First fight is against a ninja flipper with a dark club.  twistedevil I get all my HCSMes to land and land a few R1s to get this guy down to a sliver of health so I switch to Velka's rapier.  I'm trying to finish him off, but he's in flip & run mode now.  He runs and I can't land a running R1 because I know if I get too close I'll immediately get BSed.  I stop and get my catalyst out to try to hit him with a CSS as he's running (in retrospect stupid idea considering the short lock-on range).  But he turns around, about 8-10 ahead of me now... I'm not even sure what happened he took a step or two forward and before I even decided what I wanted to do I was getting BSed -- at least they moved him behind me for the animation...

Invasion #2: I invade with about 250 HP because I forgot about the BP silver knight at the end of the hall... but I load to a target destroyed message (I was going to sarcastically crack I deserved that ear, but I think they definitely owed me one now that I think about it).

Invasion #3:  I invade with 100% health because the BP silver knights flanking the archer on the roof attacked me while I was in a riposte animation and I was able to avoid getting hit before I loaded. :razz:  I load to a Havel white in front and a blue behind me -- no sign of host we go at the white, but apparently the host shows because the blue disappears and I end up 1v1 with the white.  I killed the Havel with a poise BS (I might have felt bad about it, but he was spamming R1 to stunlock -- I figure that's fair), a wake-up MLGS R2 (ok less fair -- but I was just trying to see if I could land it LOL) and a rapier R1 (although that didn't stop him from landing a counter after I landed the kill shot twistedevil  ).  I was very low on health, but right before I wasted a humanity I saw the target destroyed message... lucky me!!!  ... well, 'cept the whole thing with those two pissed off Black Phantoms...

Spoiler:

Invasion #4: I get spawn ganked, but BS the white when he tries to throw a lightning spear.  I take a ridiculous front-stab and sign out before they finish me off. I don't like doing that, but I don't like giving souls or satisfaction to sinners who spawn gank and have to front-stab to win 2v1s even more.  So screw them. :razz:

Invasion #5: It looks like the same jackasses from #4 (I'd find out they were different jackasses); I dodge an R2 from the host with some kind of club weapon and I go for a BS but I do a running R2 instead.  LOL -- I hit and stagger the white with it before  he can BS me!  I do another R1 and the host is kind enough walk into it  ... R1, R1, R1; white dead another R1; host dead. big grin  Thank you, Good night! wave 
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:12 am

How is everyone doing today?

I get off grounding tomorrow.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:26 am

Good to hear sword. Nothing changed much but I have a habit of posting here what I invade when I can now. I like it.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:50 am

I saw some poor bastard in dark Anor Londo who was gravelorded.  I'd never seen that before.  No sympathy for sinners though; especially Ornstein cosplayers with that stupid spear and it's ridiculous phantom range.  Later, on what I had decided would be my last invasion I found one of the other victims, unfortunately the gravelord died as I spawned; so no Black Phantom team mates or any of the lawls that they would surely elicit.  crying

I spawned by the stairs and saw a blue running towards the archers.  But nothing else, so I had no problem picking up an item on the stairs -- Firekeeper Soul!!  YES!!  I got to the top of the stairs and run into a host (another Ornstein ironically) and a white.  I retreated to the rotating stairs after they tried to BS fish me.  I got there and when I turned to take them on I see the host turn and heal the white.  He was standing just off the staircase so I was able to BS him.  Then I went for a MLGS R2 wakeup, he rolled, it hit him anyway AND in the coup de grace -- the roll sent him over the edge!! cheers  lol! 

BTW; welcome back Sword!
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:38 pm

I'm officially back now.

It feels good.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Welcome back then sword!
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Welcome back.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote: and when I sent insulting mail to him

I am posting to announce that my newest build, a darkmoon, has caused me to become interested in Joining the messengers. It's not yet finished but it will be soon. Sword gave me the A-okay.

But if this is the behavior the messengers wish to represent I simply could not join. I don't categorize people as "spammers" or Send insulting messages to anyone I encounter online.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:22 pm

That was a bad day for me and I was not fully in the mood especially during that fight. When he disconnected I was ticked off. He was not a quester his build was made to purely spam magic at players. He was right next to the bonfire so it was a cowards move for him to do that.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:52 pm

As long as I'm not expected to go out of my way to be volatile to sinners. Meting out judgment with no remorse is one thing, I am known perhaps for my habitual willingness to use spears 9 casts of Wrath and the oh so fashionable DingyKnightWaistcloth combo. But I've always kept in-game and out of game seperate, and to me messages are an out of game thing and I personally don't send nor respond to hatemail.

I also need to ask if there is a standard level for covenant builds. I have both a 100 and a 130 Darkmoon in the works. Though I could make a 120 with little trouble
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:59 pm

Nah we never, if ever, send hatemail to people. That was just a "I had enough" moment there. I have responded to people before and I will say this: Some people are really nice and understandable if you explain why you DM. Saying it is a job and I mean nothing against people has net me some nice people and I learned a few tactics I love now.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:18 am

I see. I understand saying things you don't actually mean when your temper gets out of hand. Particularly when I'm sick I've said things I wouldn't normally dream of saying.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:30 am

MoV policy with regards to receiving hatemail is to simply respond "The guilty pay the price" and NOTHING else. We do not endorse sending hatemail, we only encourage responding to it in a civil manner in the form of roleplay. We all get angry but rest assured as part of the Messengers you will not be expected to be rude or insulting to other players. Welcome to the cov Jans, and good hunting to you.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:47 am

I've run into about a zillion darkwraiths while trying to Co-op my way through township and into Manus. So far all have fallen before divine judgment, delivered from the Darkmoon Talisman directly to their face in the form of WoG and Emit Force.

Though my leveling has slowed to a crawl thanks to the price of moonlight arrows. I can't afford to keep shooting this bow for long.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:51 am

Do what I do and host fights for souls. Kill enough and buy 999 in bulk and don't have to worry for a long time.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:16 am

Not a bad idea. But Sif's dead, and township is a crapshoot (I guess I could try the kiln but I haven't done anything there in so long
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:27 am

You could also try being a summon. People always need help somewhere in this game and the boss fights would net a lot of souls for you. Then there is also invading to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:59 pm