Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Forum Pirate
GrinTwist
Animaaal
Ghadis_God
Sneezer
Dibsville
Lmaousine
11 posters

Demon Spear VS Silver Knight Spear

Lmaousine
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

Demon Spear VS Silver Knight Spear Empty Demon Spear VS Silver Knight Spear

Post by Lmaousine Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:08 pm

Demon Spear VS Silver Knight Spear Demon-s-spearDemon Spear VS Silver Knight Spear Silver-knight-spear
    Which one is better and why?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Demon Spear VS Silver Knight Spear Empty Re: Demon Spear VS Silver Knight Spear

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Demon's Spear
    Longer reach, higher damage, lower stat requirements, lower weight.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:38 pm

I'm not sure of the exact calculations for split damage, but with the same stats (16 strength, 40 dex.) the SKS might outdamage the Demon Spear, I personally like the look of it more as well.

But for a purely utilitatian use, the Demon Spear beats out the SKS handily.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:44 pm

The Demon Spear is absolutely monsterous on a Quality Build, despite being a spear it outdamages an elemental kat. And then it's still the longest and one of the lightest spears.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:04 pm

You'll get more out of the SKS if you're going to use the Leo Ring, even on a quality build.

I think its situational based on what build you're using, but the SKS is best at 40 dex on almost any build. It also has a decent dead angle attack.

The Demon's Spear is still very good though.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:22 pm

Might as well call it Lightning Rod vs Lightning Conductor
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:35 pm

I think the demon's spear has a long range, does lightning damage, is lightweight compared to the SKS, does more damage I believe, and has lower requirements to use.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:51 pm

http://mmdks.com/2rfr

I would guess at 40 dex that the sks does more damage based on that, keeping in mind that split damage has to go through 2 defenses.

There is more to a weapon than damage, I'm just saying. The demons spear is longer and has lower requirements, so its awesom on str builds.
    Ghoul

Post by Ghoul Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:11 pm

The leo combos are higher on the SKS.
    The backstab/riposte damage are higher with the DS

The R2s of both are risky.

Due to looks I prefer the SKS. It seems more like a spear. The DS seems like, well is, a piece of bone.

We should arrange 2 highly skilled pvpers using these 2 spears and see who emerges victorious!
    Lmaousine
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Lmaousine Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:54 pm

Well it appears that once again a weapon that is not made of metal can generally outperform one that is.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Dibsville wrote:Might as well call it Lightning Rod vs Lightning Conductor

Lightning rods are conductors.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Self appointed Queen of Spears here!

All things considered, I have to go with the demon spear, but it's a VERY close match.  Demon spear has higher damage overall, although the Silver Knight spear has the advantage of the easiest melee dead angle in the game, and can be combined with the leo ring.  Every other difference between them is practically negligible.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:53 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Might as well call it Lightning Rod vs Lightning Conductor

Lightning rods are conductors.
    One looks like it could conduct lightning while the other conducts lightning.

Lightning Rod (SKSS) vs Lightning Conductor (DeSp)
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:22 am

I typically get more damage out of the SKS. But the Demon's spear isn't a slouch on a quality build. Somewhat frustrating is the pitiful damage the Demon's can do at close to base requirements, try it with a 12/12 build. Be amazed at the 50s and 60s Despite being very elemental I sometimes forget it is a scaling weapon.

They are close in length with Demon's being slightly longer. And better looking. It's like a weird giant lobster claw you poke at people, which I love.

Because I tend to favor pure dex builds over quality builds, and the fact only one is usable by most other builds. Also the Leo ring is IMO what makes spears special, So my vote actually goes to SKS. But it's not a blow out by any means.

((My actual favorite spear is the Moonlight, that thing is amazing sometimes))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:14 am