Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
dreamperil
MikailArksot
Mintgroove
raecor14
Kiva the wanderer
Sleeprocket
Johnthethird
Undiscovery
Seignar
SadPanda
arshan272
phastings
Azul
twigsterxd
hey its andres
HereticForLife
Soul of Stray Demon
samster628
GrinTwist
jaythibodeau
tonberryking01
Looking Glass Mind
skarekrow13
Soris Ice Goldwing
Encore
Slarg232
LunarFog
mattecoolio
SlothAlmighty
Mr. Tart
34 posters

Imagine if you had the opportunity to make an area of your own for Dark Souls II...

Mintgroove
    Mintgroove

Imagine if you had the opportunity to make an area of your own for Dark Souls II... - Page 3 Empty Re: Imagine if you had the opportunity to make an area of your own for Dark Souls II...

Post by Mintgroove Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:30 am

phastings wrote:I always wanted them to do a battlefield strewn with corpses of the fallen after a big battle. 

This would be cool if the terrain was complex; imagine the battle scene in the fellowship of the rings intro. Something with plateaus and fissures in the earth. Would be a vast area interconnected to other areas. Hostile Graverobbers roam the field, as well as black phantoms. Maybe an NPC remains as the sole survivor, or claims to be.

- awesome thread idea btw! Creative stuff. If From (somehow) runs out of ideas this would be a good resource for them
    For me it'd be a toss up between an NPC ladden town separate from the usual Shrine/Nexus type locale and a literal battlefield like the one you describe, except animate. Crowds and crowds of NPCs and soldiers fighting each other, shrapnel and flaming catapult shots overhead you must avoid, hotspot for invasions so invaders would come in.

And yes fissures would open as you go and you'd have to dodge them.

With next gen it could theoretically be possible.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Imagine if you had the opportunity to make an area of your own for Dark Souls II... - Page 3 Empty Re: Imagine if you had the opportunity to make an area of your own for Dark Souls II...

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:40 am

A place that's just one long corridor the whole way through, and it's filled with enemies. So even if you clear out the whole area of enemies, it still takes a while to go through. And secretly there's a hidden area near the start that's much faster to through. You Know, Just to be extra spiteful to anyone who doesn't know about it.
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:02 pm

If I could design an area, it'd be a large, twisting labyrinth. There could be an enemy at the next turn or just a dead end. I think you could use a lantern or torch or use light to your advantage to see if there's an enemy around a corner by their shadow.

Another thing to worry about is traps. Similar to Sen's Fortress, there'd be arrow traps triggered by pressure plates. Of course, since you're in a narrow space, the only option would be to use a shield or tank it, if possible. It doesn't stop there. Sometimes, the floor would open in front of you and falling would kill you; you'd have to turn around and go back the way you came. One final, tricky trap would be a long, stretching hallway that quickly turns into a chase if you're not prepared. The second you get near the intersection/exit, you hear the sound of gears turning. If you don't react quick enough and start running backwards, you'll be crushed by the closing walls.

Oh, and it doesn't stop there. Not only do you have to be cautious of enemies and traps, there's a boss, waiting for you somewhere in the labyrinth. It's location is randomized, depending on which way you enter the labyrinth and can be in any of 16 potential locations. But the boss doesn't wait for you; it hunts you down and will kill you. The sign if of it being close is the lights getting dimmer; it's within 20 feet of you, but can't attack yet. It can only attack when it's right behind you or when you look at it. If you notice it before it can react, you have time to run into a corridor and hide (provided it's safe). 

The only way to beat this boss is to get to the end and fight it in a small arena, about the size of Firelink Shrine for comparison. Yes; you can't kill it while you're in the labyrinth, even if you have magic or archery. The reason is because the labyrinth protects this creature, similar to how the Primordial Crystal makes Seath immortal, but you can't destroy the labyrinth. Anyways, the fight goes along the lines of waiting for an opportunity to attack; it hides in the shadows of the arena and if you cross a certain trigger spot, it will fling at you, biting your head and killing you. You must wait until it comes out on its own, and then lay waste to it. It's very fast and agile, but it's defenses are laughable and any decent weapon could kill it.

So, that's my idea.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:09 pm

You mean like that one duel against the rhymers in yu-gi-oh?
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:You mean like that one duel against the rhymers in yu-gi-oh?
    I do not know what you mean

The last time I watched Yu-Gi-Oh was at seventeen

Para is the one on the right

Dox is the one who will finish the fight
    dreamperil

Imagine if you had the opportunity to make an area of your own for Dark Souls II... - Page 3 Empty What if...

Post by dreamperil Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:38 pm

I am thinking in conjunction with some of the other members here, but I like the idea of a ruined city. It would be a place that was once bright and full of happy people in civilization, but now has been abandoned and only houses solitude, albeit besides the eerie denizens who now call it home. I think the contrasting emotions of beauty and gloom would fit right into Dark Souls' dismal world.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Backstab town. Where the monsters are trained in backstabs. Prepare to die indeed.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:38 pm

^I want a spooky level creepier than Latria by 1000 fold, that just traumatizes everyone. 

And with a frackin' huge arse circus-creepy-lookin' colossal titan boss! Yes, redundancy was very necessary.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:48 pm

I have two ideas: parrytown and planes of death.

Parrytown: all NPCs know parries, with a 75-100% chance of getting a parry from a frontal assault. Your only option is to backstab or to parry them, requiring actual skill rather than the simple strafe right strategy we used to rely on.

Planes of Death: specialized PVP area. Flat plane, NPCs will spawn, but all players are "green phantoms," meaning they can fight players or npcs, so everyone works together to get rid of the mobs so they can fight, then they all fight each other. Alliances may be made, they may be broken, monsters all respawn 3 minutes after the last one in the arena dies. You can't pvp there while monsters are in play (prevents cheating and scumming off of tough monsters)
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Or what if the enemies attacked everyone while they were pvping?
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:54 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Or what if the enemies attacked everyone while they were pvping?
    With the no alliances part of it, that would lend it a bit too much to betrayal. Besides, the only PVP matches that go beyond 3 minutes are noobs, who need to be hurried up by monsters, and masters, who would appreciate the challenge. After three minutes, the monsters all respawn at once and rush the players. They don't give a crap about honor.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:02 pm

morte wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Or what if the enemies attacked everyone while they were pvping?
    With the no alliances part of it, that would lend it a bit too much to betrayal. Besides, the only PVP matches that go beyond 3 minutes are noobs, who need to be hurried up by monsters, and masters, who would appreciate the challenge. After three minutes, the monsters all respawn at once and rush the players. They don't give a crap about honor.
    Um, I'll normally force my fights to last longer then that. I love to delay fights. I'll run pop a humanity, then drop them one. (You know, to let them know they should heal in case they tried to chase me down.) I would rather have the fights be longer in the game anyway. Just more fun that way.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    morte wrote:
    Um, I'll normally force my fights to last longer then that. I love to delay fights. I'll run pop a humanity, then drop them one. (You know, to let them know they should heal in case they tried to chase me down.) I would rather have the fights be longer in the game anyway. Just more fun that way.
    Well, I'm no where near that skilled at dark souls. I lose in most PVP, but when I do get the chance, I take it and beat them into the ground.twisted  Maybe my timing was off with the mob spawns, but I think the idea of that kind of area would be nice.
    Say Xbox Again
    Say Xbox Again

Post by Say Xbox Again Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:14 am

Area: Castle of Greed (or something along those lines)

This area is the neglected capitol of the avaricious race that was cursed to become Mimics. Heaped with lonely treasure, in the absence of its tenants other fiends have moved in. A Demon has crowned itself king, jealously guarding the vault of immeasurable wealth at the heart of the castle.

A short and entirely optional area, the Castle of Greed appears late in the storyline as a way to accrue large amounts of souls before endgame. Many large Soul items appear, as well as respawning minibosses. The Crowned Demon, boss of the area, rewards 100000 souls. But watch out--hidden amongst the piles of gold and jewels lie vicious traps to destroy the unwary plunderer: diamond-sharp spikes thrust from the floor, opulent statues conceal mechanisms that fire exquisitely carved silver arrows, and heavy blocks of pure gold drop on well-oiled chains to crush even the toughest of wayfarers. These traps will shift and change behavior as you progress, so even the most experienced player will occasionally be caught off guard. Taking a page from Sen's book, the pits will be medium depth so as not to kill those who slip. However, waiting at the bottom are incredibly tough mobs that attack in large groups, practically guaranteeing bloodstain loss if one falls.

Of course, Mimics are everywhere. Like the traps, it's not always the same chests that are mimics, and it is harder to tell which ones are which. No amount of chain-watching will save you from their deadly grasp. Mimics show more variety in their attack patterns as well. Some cast spells, or hurl fire from their gaping maw. Some won't wait until you open them to attack, prowling the chambers or ambushing you when you turn your back. Yet others hurl dung pies or wield sharp, bleed-inducing claws. Lloyd's Talismans will only make them stronger.

A pathetic wretch, runt of the Mimics, will provide Frampt's service of consuming items in exchange for souls, but without the limiting nature of Frampt's storyline. It will also allow the player to bank vast amounts of souls by selling the Gold Coin item at its feed price.

Last edited by Say Xbox Again on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Expounding upon the Mimics)
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:34 am

Lair of the Demon God

This area is deep underground near an area full of magma and lava, the Demons come here to feast on adventurers that came too close and to pay respect to the Demon God. The most powerful Demon that became the leader of the Demons once the Bed of Chaos was destroyed.

The area is very long and is required for the main story. At the start, the area starts with abandoned mines and shacks belonging to people who attempted to mine there for minerals, but were instead killed and their bodies were transformed into Demon Workers that attack with a burning war pick. In the mines you'll also find a worker who survived the attack and will sell you all kinds of upgrade materials, even rare minerals like Slabs in exchange for Souls, for that he fears becoming Hollow because of a lack of Souls.

After the mine the player will find the depths of the Demon God's lair, filled with lava and magma. The lava is too hot to be passed, in order to pass, the player will have to pass through another area and face a mini-boss: The Pig Demon. A large obtuse pig that looks heavily obese and will attempt to devour the player. Once the Pig Demon is slain, the Player can activate a switch that will lower the lava in the area, allowing the player to pass through and face the Demon God: A towering giant with the face of an dragon, implying that it was once a dragon transformed into a Demon.

The Demon God uses powerful AoE attacks like fire breathing or a large arm sweep to kill the Player or make him fall off cliffs, the Demon God is also too tall to be attacked normally, so the Player must run through his boss area and reach a large tower, there the player will find a switch that will activate a long floorboard to reach the Demon God's face and hit him. However the Demon God will realize that the Player is near him and will use a new attack: Biting the player, which results in instant death. The Player must then be careful attack the Demon God since it has AoE attacks for ranged players and the instant bite attack for melee players, once enough damage is dealt, the Demon will fall down and die, giving the Player 60000 Souls and the Soul of the Demon God which when traded to Snuggly will change into a powerful pyromancy called Demon's Breath where the Player first takes a deep breath and emits a powerful flame from his mouth, dealing tons of Fire damage and covering a large area.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Call Of Dark Souls. 

It's a warground with screaming 12 year olds shooting nerf guns at each other. If you get hit, your account is instantly banned. Good luck not getting frustrated at From now.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:09 pm

morte wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    morte wrote:
    Well, I'm no where near that skilled at dark souls. I lose in most PVP, but when I do get the chance, I take it and beat them into the ground.twisted  Maybe my timing was off with the mob spawns, but I think the idea of that kind of area would be nice.
    Actually, whenever I do that, it oftentimes leads me to getting killed if I'm not able to pull off the humanity. But's that's normally when I'm near death's door anyway.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Call Of Dark Souls. 

It's a warground with screaming 12 year olds shooting nerf guns at each other. If you get hit, your account is instantly banned. Good luck not getting frustrated at From now.
    That more or less fits with this thread pretty well :3
    OminousSquaffle
    OminousSquaffle
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OminousSquaffle Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:47 pm

Seraphel's Redoubt

Build by Lloyd's clerics as a last line of defense in blahblahlorehere. Anyway, they didn't succeed and the place is now a big, creepy, crumbling church with a redoubt attached. It's also dark, and full of undead.

The church itself is massive--we're talking ceilings that kiss the asses of low-hanging clouds and hallways big enough to walk a few elephants through side-by-side. Most of the church has collapsed upon itself, which is convenient for terms of both linearity and level size management. What's left is a happy romp through several hundred feet of twisted stonework, dim lighting and undead who've gotten tired of playing kick the can...or rock, as it were.

Massive, wide open spaces with lots of hallways branching off--most of them filled with rubble. There's a convenient amount of torchlight but never enough to give security...just enough that you'll do something besides tiptoe between hugging the lit spots. There's rubble everywhere--fallen chandeliers, collapsed stonework, lots of frowny statues. Oh, and there'll be LOTS of bodies. Some of those bodies aren't as dead as you'd like, and they generally won't reveal this fact until AFTER you've pranced over their skinny pink hides.

Most of the areas that branch off the main path will be significantly darker, forcing you to swap your trusty shield for a torch. There'll be some cool loot...a ring with some connection to the church, a fancy-looking sword, some souls...but the risks will be pretty intense. You know how most monsters tend to stay out of the light? Yeahhh...I'm thinking those creepy spider hollows they showed would work well here.

After navigating lots of dark, moldy hallways, some unstable flooring and a LOT of undead with a bone to pick, you'll fight the boss. No, it won't be some long-slumbering asshat with a Gandalf beard and robes with enough excess fabric to clothe another three people...it'll be something nightmarish and icky and mutated from massive periods of time spent preying in areas with little to no light. Big eyes, sharp teeth, that sort of thing. Might edit with details in the future.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm