Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
samster628
SlothAlmighty
Animaaal
Myztyrio
Hart
Soris Ice Goldwing
Encore
SadPanda
12 posters

Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea!

Poll

Read the Asterik'd Section Below

[ 6 ]
    Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea! I_vote_lcap46%Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea! I_vote_rcap [46%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea! I_vote_lcap31%Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea! I_vote_rcap [31%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea! I_vote_lcap15%Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea! I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea! I_vote_lcap8%Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea! I_vote_rcap [8%] 

Total Votes: 13
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea! Empty Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea!

Post by SadPanda Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:12 pm

First off, for anyone wondering; this (*) is an asterisk.

Originally intended as a sick joke by Miyazaki, they have some real potential with the whole pendant thing. Something that would be really cool is if you find the pendant on a body with a soul of a great hero, implying it was your character from Dark Souls, (near the endgame). Then when you go into NG+, in the tutorial level, assuming there is on, there is a new NPC spawning a new storyline in NG+. You summon him for bosses, he offers lore and helpful info, kind of like Solaire. Then near the end game of NG+, he mentions the pendant, and if you show him it, he gets hostile, or helps you...

*Poll time*:
    1.Should he get hostile
    2.Ask where you got it/exchange something for it
    3.This is a stupid idea, go home
    4.You have a scenario you think would fit better/post it below

After you kill him help him etc., you get another pendant, perhaps broken, or maybe you only get half the pendant and he has the other half. Kind of like BFF rings and necklaces laughing. Having both pendants/halves what have you opens a new area, with throwback items/armor that only Souls' fans will remember. Thus making them pissed off that nothing had returned, but then giving them a bunch of it all at once. Maybe you go back to Boletaria or Anor Londo. Boletaria when it was restored, or Anor Londo when it was destroyed. Blighttown, Valley of Defilement etc. An area that you know, but haven't seen in a certain state before. The boss would be something new, but with easter eggs or something. Souls' NPC's would be there, involving obvious Patches shenanigans, Crestfallen warrior discouraging you, Solaire bro-op, whatever.

Well What is it, what do you guys think?

Also, I can edit the poll options if it bothers you guys.

Last edited by SadPanda on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SadPanda: Spelling Bee Champ 2013)
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea! Empty Re: Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea!

Post by Encore Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:21 pm

Actually... Sounds kinda cool.

Probably will not happen, though.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea! Empty Re: Will the Pendant Return? And a Cool Easter Egg Idea!

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:27 pm

I put my money on another troll item we will be trying to figure out what it does when the game is released.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:34 am

Your idea sounds alright, good even.

What I am really hoping for is another troll though. Like noone says anything to the press about an ingame pendant like last time, but we find one none the less. It could be a reward for some grueling boss fight like Kalameets Ring.
    Everyone who was burned by the pendant troll in the last game is gonna be suspicious about any pendant secrets in the sequel, so From would have to be much more subtle with how they do it this time, but I would love a extension of the DkS pendant hoax into DkS2.

Another really cool thing to happen would be to make it so irresistably enticing that all the new players (remembering this is the first Souls game to get much press attention before release, so hopefully they're gonna pick up a larger audience) to go on that same GOD FORSAKEN secret hunt that we all went through, while the vets tell them its a trick and are proven right some 18 months later...

twisted
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:06 am

You need to learn how to spell asterisk.

Also, I'm pretty sure I know why the creator recommended the pendant.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:11 am

Myztyrio wrote:You need to learn how to spell asterisk.

Also, I'm pretty sure I know why the creator recommended the pendant.
    Did I really misspell it Look Skyward

People never really say it and I feel like an idiot for spelling it wrong. Kind of ironic since I won my middle school spelling bee laughing

Anyways, yeah Miyazaki did troll us hard. I think I mentioned it but I'm not sure.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:15 am

Well nope, it's wrong haha.

No, I'm pretty sure the pendant is the best starting gift assuming you don't want the major shortcut that is skipping upper Blighttown, and that you want the strongest buff in the game.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:06 pm

^what?

@panda

Cool idea. biggrin 
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:12 pm

They need to have a pendant, but this time it actually does something, but no one will bother finding out cause they think its a trick
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 pm

i am not sure easter eggs are Soul series style but would be amusing.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:09 pm

samster628 wrote:i am not sure easter eggs are Soul series style but would be amusing.
    What? They had at least 5 I can think of in Dark Souls.
    Patches, the Crestfallen Warrior, Maneater Mildred (Executioner Miralda), Xanthous Crown (Old Monk), Moonlight Greatsword (Sword of Moonlight).
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:49 pm

snuggly/sparkly the crow
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:01 pm

SlothAlmighty wrote:snuggly/sparkly the crow
    Completely forgot about Sparkly in 4-1.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:22 pm

what if they had a cursed item, where if you put it on you couldn't take it off.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:33 pm

SlothAlmighty wrote:what if they had a cursed item, where if you put it on you couldn't take it off.
    Kind of like in Diablo II?
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:08 pm

my original thought was D&D from back when we used dice and paper, but now that you mention it, Diablo did have cursed items as well.  I forget what you had to do to get them removed though.

Demons souls had something similar with the sword that drained health.

anyway, if they did do it, it should be something subtle where the player may not realize they are cursed, such as losing 10% resistance or 1 point of each stat.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:18 pm

SlothAlmighty wrote:my original thought was D&D from back when we used dice and paper, but now that you mention it, Diablo did have cursed items as well.  I forget what you had to do to get them removed though.

Demons souls had something similar with the sword that drained health.

anyway, if they did do it, it should be something subtle where the player may not realize they are cursed, such as losing 10% resistance or 1 point of each stat.
    I think they got removed when you died. Or you had to have a certain spell and be a shaman I think. Now that you mention it, my dad has all the first edition D&D books, so I'll go through those and see what cool mechanics would fit.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:12 am

Animaaal wrote:^what?

@panda

Cool idea. biggrin 

Pendant. Trade to Snuggly for Souvenir of Reprisal. Souvenir of Reprisal used to gain covenant experience in Blade of the Darkmoon covenant. With 10 Souvenirs of Reprisal, you attain the strongest buff in the game.

Get on mah level.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Dark souls 2 happens at least 1000 years before dark souls 1, how would your body appear :p
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:31 pm

Myztyrio wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:^what?

@panda

Cool idea. biggrin 

Pendant. Trade to Snuggly for Souvenir of Reprisal. Souvenir of Reprisal used to gain covenant experience in Blade of the Darkmoon covenant. With 10 Souvenirs of Reprisal, you attain the strongest buff in the game.

Get on mah level.

Oh that.  I thought you were talking about the interview when Miyazaki recanted on his, "a bit of a practical joke" statement.  He said there's a reason and offered a $1,000 reward and a special edition copy of DkS2 if anyone could figure it out.  I think the interview was in the last edition of Edge Magazine.

Anywho, I just wanted to say +1 to panda.Bow

***edit***

Actually, I think it was the last edition of Cosmo, not sure Shrug 
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:58 pm

It's another joke from Miyasaki. 

He's trolling us.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:59 pm

I think it'd be cool if you told him you had a pendant and he casually responded to you, but throughout the game you would hear something follow you. Picture this (I'll explain using Dark Souls 1)  You are fighting the tower knight in Undead Parish and you suddenly hear the gate close. You go back and nobody is there. As the game goes on he would go from annoying to cruel. Imagine fighting the Bed of Chaos and having him shoot Dragonslayer Arrows at you from a ledge. Eventually he would corner you and demand the pendant and if you gave it to him he would run away until he got away from you. If you say no then he leaves you alone and then maybe sacrifices himself to kill you while you fight Gwyn. Anyways this would all be in Dark Souls 2 of course, I just thought it'd be easier to explain like this.

P.S. There is no confirmation on whether Dark Souls 2 will be a prequel or not (although I'd like to point out the evidence against it) so until it is I think it's safe to pursue both options.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Wilkinson3424 wrote:It's another joke from Miyasaki. 

He's trolling us.

Is he?!?!?!?!

Because I would NEVER do anything like that. not me 
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Fire Sorcery.

Prequel. 

And it might be a marketing tactic... Miyazaki is offering money for the pendant troll again so people become addicted to the game again because wants more than just dark souls die-hards to buy Dark Souls 2.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:05 pm

Wilkinson3424 wrote:Fire Sorcery.

Prequel. 

And it might be a marketing tactic... Miyazaki is offering money for the pendant troll again so people become addicted to the game again because wants more than just dark souls die-hards to buy Dark Souls 2.

I'm sorry Wilkinson...I was trying to troll Myztyrio big grin 

I made it up. I was trying to get on his "level".

I was hoping to end it with a "BAZINGAAAA!!!!!!" big grin 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 am