Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
reim0027
samster628
Onion Knight
aceluby
Gryph
Marino.
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Latitoast
Jester's Tears
GrinTwist
PlasticandRage
Soris Ice Goldwing
shadowzninjaz
Encore
KrazykevS10
Dibsville
AnCapaillMor
skarekrow13
Railage
twigsterxd
Sentiel
Serious_Much
Reaperfan
Hue
Kiva the wanderer
29 posters

kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL

Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL Empty kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:17 am

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_4XpbK72o

This is the most unfair pile of corrupted filth I have ever seen done over a sarcastic statement on s VIDEO GAME, so am I going to be imprisoned over a joke or sarcastic comment on a game like *** POKEMON! ?

Share this to Facebook, twitter, Reddit, *** instagran, your fridge SOMETHING. just get this circulating its an infringement of rights since some creepy *** actually tracked his address to get him arrested.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL Empty Re: kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL

Post by Hue Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:23 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_4XpbK72o

This is the most unfair pile of corrupted filth I have ever seen done over a sarcastic statement on s VIDEO GAME, so am I going to be imprisoned over a joke or sarcastic comment on a game like *** POKEMON! ?

Share this to Facebook,  twitter,  Reddit,  *** instagran, your fridge SOMETHING. just get this circulating its an infringement of rights since some creepy *** actually tracked his address to get him arrested.

Do you mind not posting mobile links?
    EDIT: Oh...man....
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL Empty Re: kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:37 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:so am I going to be imprisoned over a joke or sarcastic comment on a game like *** POKEMON! ?

If it were an online, multiplayer Pokemon game where you communicated with other actual people and someone took your comment seriously as opposed to sarcastically as what happened in this case...then maybe so.

But yeah, I can't get the video to work for me straight face 

What I have heard, though, is that it was the mother or relative of someone who was playing with him reading the comment over his teammates' shoulder and subsequently reported it. It may be stereotyping, but I think whoever reported it may not have known what "lol" or "jk" meant. Not to defend the accusers, though. This kid absolutely did not deserve what happened to him (which is weird, knowing how the LoL community usually operates). This is just an example of how paranoid and stupidly we seem to be able to focus our law enforcement nowadays. Why this amounted to more than a warning is beyond me.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:59 am

It just shows that even online you are accountable for your actions, and you should take care of what you say.

To be completely honest, if you're using abbreviations like lol or jk as a defence it's not the accuser's fault. If you don't want your comment to be taken seriously and wish to take proper measures against things like could happen for this kid, use proper english. Expecting people to know what stuff like jk means is just like going abroad and expecting everyone to speak english- many people will, but not all.

That being said I have no idea what the comments say, but really 8 years is excessive if they haven't actually physically done anything.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:26 am

In tomorrow news: "Police begins raids on Call fo Duty players and plans to arrest every player of the game who has ever said a vulgarism, or a threat over the course of the game's online sessions."

The next day news: "Prisons are full. Schools are empty. Activision CEO commits suicide with a tea spoon!"

The day after: "Half-Life 3 and Pokemo MMO have been released! Wolrd-wide riots result in anarchy!"

Getting arrested and possibly going to prison for something like this is beyond ridiculous and the 8 year sentence makes the whole thing unbelievable to the point that I think it's actually made up.
    The one that should get arrested is the person that tracked the kid down and reported him. That's a violation of your privacy if I'm not mistaken. Nothing we can do about it. The best we can do is shake our heads and send the kid's parents money, so they can afford some good lawyer, who would not only get the kid out of this mess, but possibly sue the guy that reported the kid.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:41 am

Texas teen makes violent joke during video game, is jailed for months. This is what he said to get the charges, "‘Oh yeah, I’m real messed up in the head, I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts"
    Because of the new anti-bullying laws they are passing in both Canada and US, that's something the law does not take too lightly. Yes he said lol and jk but, authorities charged him with making a terrorist threat. People don't realize that you gotta watch what you say now a days. You CAN be charged and sent to jail for cyber bullying and making any kinds of threats on the net. Personally, I think it's stupid if he gets the 8 yrs, but, he'll know not to make that mistake again.

Sent it's not a violation of the guys privacy because it was posted in an online chat of some kind which is available to the public
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:49 am

twigsterxd wrote:Texas teen makes violent joke during video game, is jailed for months. This is what he said to get the charges, "‘Oh yeah, I’m real messed up in the head, I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts"
    Because of the new anti-bullying laws they are passing in both Canada and US, that's something the law does not take too lightly. Yes he said lol and jk but, authorities charged him with making a terrorist threat. People don't realize that you gotta watch what you say now a days. You CAN be charged and sent to jail for cyber bullying and making any kinds of threats on the net. Personally, I think it's stupid if he gets the 8 yrs, but, he'll know not to make that mistake again.

Sent it's not a violation of the guys privacy because it was posted in an online chat of some kind which is available to the public

His life has been ruined when he gets out hell be 27 and its all because some idiot took what he said ansd blew out of proportion, his police records will say " imprisoned for 8 years for threatening a person on A VIDEO GAME" that's going to limit his career options, he's being compared to psychopaths by the media and if this stuffs ok for police to exploit then America is slowly going to become the new north Korea.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:51 am

Sentiel wrote:The best we can do is shake our heads and send the kid's parents money, so they can afford some good lawyer, who would not only get the kid out of this mess, but possibly sue the guy that reported the kid.

Meanwhile in American Sue Culture Look Skyward 

It's not the guy who reported him's fault that the kid got criminal charges
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:55 am

To both Serious and Twig.

I meant the person who tracked the kid down. Doing so is no doubt a violation of privacy, because it requires private information, like adress and name to do so.
    Are you telling me that it's ok to do that? Is it ok for me to go and track in real life someone I met on the net?
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:06 am

If the guy has a good lawyer he should get off with nothing but a warning.
    @Kiva - All I'm saying is, people need to watch what they say online. Remember, in the US they have been under terrorist threats for a long time. Too much violence in the states, (as well as), other parts of the world. Even if you are joking, you need to be careful. I agree it was stupid for the guy to be charged and sent to prison. Also, he was not sentenced to 8 years. He's looking at 8 yrs if convicted.

@Sent - The police have that right to track people down. The person who reported it called the police, told them what she saw written and they dealt with it.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:12 am

Our country is a joke.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:13 am

twigsterxd wrote:@Sent - The police have that right to track people down. The person who reported it called the police, told them what she saw written and they dealt with it.
    The guy in the linked video said that a third party person, not the one the PM was meant for did the tracking, not the police.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:14 am

It all depends on how they tracked him down. You can do a lot with public information
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:18 am

skarekrow13 wrote:It all depends on how they tracked him down. You can do a lot with public information
    Fair enough. Some people are stupid enough to use their real information on sites like Facebook, so tracking them down can be done in matter of seconds by everyone who has internet. I forgot that such poeple exist. Beg my pardon.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:35 am

Christ someone would get life on our BF3 teamspeak server.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:41 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_4XpbK72o
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:41 am

w ww . change . org /petitions/release-justin-cart­er-and-change-the-investigativ­e-criteria-for-terroristic-thr­eat-laws Go sign the petition to try and get him out of jail.

Petition to get him out of jail
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:05 am

Now that is just sad.

Want to sign it but link doesn't work.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:07 am

http://www.change.org/petitions/release-justin-carter-and-change-the-investigative-criteria-for-terroristic-threat-laws

Better?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:14 am

Much better.

Signed.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:22 am

Anyone who signs this petition gets a Scottish guy to hang out with them for a week
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:11 pm

And they say the United States of America is the greatest country on Earth

I realise that these stupid people like that woman are everywhere but I'd like to see her try and have anyone arrested anywhere else on Earth,she'd be laughed at.It's madness that you can be arrested for that there,I've seen gamers spout much worse crap than that and nothing happened.As Sentiel said,Call of Duty games are going to end up deserted and the jails full of kids if that is their response to sarcasm or idle threats.Clearly terrorrists train by playing video games and the school shootings were encouraged in all top shooters.I am officially calling shenanigans.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:16 pm

They banned Neo Cubes and anything related to it like Zen balls or Bucky balls in the US because some idiot decided to eat them and he almost died.

>Freedom

If people were arrested from sarcasm, I'd have 7000 sentences from these forums alone.

It's sad to see how dumb America is sometimes.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:21 pm

This...

*Cries*

Why is it that, everytime I see the U.S doing something stupid, judicially, they top it after a few month?

Damn...

KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:25 pm

It isn't just America that is stupid,we just don't have a government that is basically a dictator.The US preaches freedom and yet they have total power to crack down on an individual's rights.You only see that in third world countries with dictators otherwise.Sorry for the vague if insulting analogy,I'm saying your government has too much legal power.In most countries they cannot go around the laws.Couple that with the terrorism paranoia and you get this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:11 pm