Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 12 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:46 pm

Either scythe. The Lifehunt just has to have bleed disclaimers attached. If we're maintaining an actually list count me in for scythes and bows
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:23 pm

If it's tips on the gargoyle halberd ask me, I've used it since the parish and now I'm in ng++ with 2 and a scythe. The quirks and decieving reach make it a great dueling weapon (atleast for me, and I do suffer in 2vs1/3vs1)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:28 pm

I usually find locking on with the G Halberd to be a pretty bad idea in duels, do you have success with that or do you non-lock on fight with it as well?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:42 pm

I do lock on, but keep my eyes open. Message me if you want some tips.

Good weapons for beginning hunters are ones that don't bounce off the trees alot. Learned that when I got poked to death by a spear and couldn't hit the guy back.

Last edited by cloudyeki on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A bit off topic)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Hey, what do you think we should do if we ever clear the forest of the farmers? Should we just sit back, let new hunters come in and fight the battles. As we set up a VFW, Veterans of Forest Wars, and sit around looking at our old weapons talking about all of the farmers we killed.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:36 pm

no, we find another group to purge, the idlers!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Hey, here's something that came up a day ago. How do you tell a duel from a hunter punishing a farmer?

I've actually had a duel interrupted by a fellow hunter tried to jump in. Stopped the duel and chased the other hunter and kept parrying him til he got the message
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Tolvo wrote:Hey, what do you think we should do if we ever clear the forest of the farmers? Should we just sit back, let new hunters come in and fight the battles. As we set up a VFW, Veterans of Forest Wars, and sit around looking at our old weapons talking about all of the farmers we killed.

I'm personally heading to the rear for some well deserved R&R (yeah the VFW idea sounds good - I actually used to party at a VFW back in the day) after the mass invasion. Need to get some treatment for this "Hunter Madness Syndrome" I have been infected with - just can't get those visions of headless dead farmers stacked up at Alvina's feet out of my head!!

But for now all I desire is to utterly destroy every farmer,ganker, camper I can get my hands on. Man - I'm ready to get this party started!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:57 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Hey, here's something that came up a day ago. How do you tell a duel from a hunter punishing a farmer?

I've actually had a duel interrupted by a fellow hunter tried to jump in. Stopped the duel and chased the other hunter and kept parrying him til he got the message

This also happens to me from time to time. I try to back-off as early as possible to allow the honorable host time to down a estus or two. I try to let the host decide on who he wants to fight. If the other hunter continues to attack the host then the decision has been made - so just kickback against a tree and see who wins. I will usually PM a honorable host that gets banged unintentionally (when another hunter jumps in) that I am truely sorry and would like to continue our match if I invade him again - most are very appreciative of this outreach. I recently fought a pair of dragoniods the other day this way - it was pretty cool.
    eninala

Post by eninala Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Brokewilly wrote:This also happens to me from time to time. I try to back-off as early as possible to allow the honorable host time to down a estus or two. I try to let the host decide on who he wants to fight. If the other hunter continues to attack the host then the decision has been made - so just kickback against a tree and see who wins. I will usually PM a honorable host that gets banged unintentionally (when another hunter jumps in) that I am truely sorry and would like to continue our match if I invade him again - most are very appreciative of this outreach. I recently fought a pair of dragoniods the other day this way - it was pretty cool.

This happened to me this morning in Dark Anor Londo. I invaded a Paladin Leeroy clone as he was clearing the NPCs, we bowed and I stood waiting for him to finish. Just as we were about to start, another DM invaded and tried to flank the host. I backed off, so Leeroy turned to face the other DM, who promptly ran back and stood behind me. I wasn't about to start duelling and have this guy gank him from behind, so I ran down the hall, past the host then turned to watch.

The other DM must have thought I'd been planning to attack the host, because I saw them fighting briefly. The DM took one hit from Grant and ran away, up the stairs. I waited a few seconds but it didn't look like he was coming back anytime soon, so I bowed to the host and we had a clean duel. I felt pretty good about that Souvenir - except for the fact that the other DM got one too...
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Personal favorite, I dueled a host when a wraith invaded and bs'd the host. I backed off and targeted the dw when the host just got up, turned and parried the next attempted bs. After that he dropped a humanity for me, we both healed, and promptly got my *** handed to me on a silver platter.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:34 pm

I will admit, there are times in which I do wish I could strike DM's and other hunters. Earlier today this same thing happened however I ran in between him and the host while the hunter/DM was going for a chain BS. I parried, causing him to get parried despite us being on the same team. The host turned to try and strike and riposted him, then killed him after. We bowed I let him heal, then we continued to fight and we actually had a draw both dying at the same time. Great guy.

It is ridiculous to land, in fact whenever I do I exclusively blame it on luck, but you can parry your fellow hunters.
    cjmully

Post by cjmully Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:27 pm

First 1v2 win woot! I led the host and the phantom over to the treants attacked the phantom with greath scyth 1hand R2 then hit them both with a 2 hand R2 and hit the host with another 1 hand R2. The host rolled back to estus and popped a treant up and got killed. happy awesome moment
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Congrats CJ, and keep it up. It's cool to see someone using the Great Scythe, maybe you should give some pointers if you know of any with the weapon. I was trying it out for the list but man, I do not like that weapon haha. That animation is just so bizarre for me, I just can't use it properly.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:06 pm

It takes a certain kind to use that thing. The animations are one of its sleeper qualities. Good work on the victory. Alvina smiles upon you (which she does a lot). Tolvo I'm hurt.....you've never asked me for scythe pointers. Not that I haven't posted a million or so without an invitation. In all seriousness though feel free to add tidbits cjmully. Everyone sees things differently and I doubt any of us knows everything about anything
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 pm

I just figured you would naturally post them Skare haha.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:23 pm

I know right. If there are any requests of me I would imagine they're to shut the hell up for a minute!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:26 pm

The only person who needs to shut their trap is me haha, I post far too much and often it's just a load of nonsense.

By the way Skare, what weapons do you think you'll be bringing to the forest tomorrow for the Farmers?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:33 pm

You know me, scythe and bloodshield are my primary with a right hand bow rocking my fave arrows. Gonna keep my left hand backup a secret despite the right handed bow giving a hint. Wouldn't want any potential farmers peeping my secrets this close to the event. You?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:42 pm

On my hunter, Great Lord Sword, g Halberd, Rapier, Estoc, Balder Side Sword, Demon Spear, Silver Knight Spear, Silver Knight Sword, Flamberg, Dragonslayer Bow, Composite Bow, Bandit's Knife, Parrying Dagger, Shotel, and Painting Guardian Sword, I'll be switching between those in combat haha.

On my GL I'll just be using a MLGS and Ricard's Rapier +15 with CMW buff, I don't have much on him yet.
    cjmully

Post by cjmully Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Well i just started fooling around with the scyth so im sure there are a lot of others that can tell you more but i find 1 hand R2 is a lot easier to wrap around trees than the 2 hand since the 2 hand has a little run step before the swing. Another thing is that the 1 hand and 2 hand R2 swing in opposite directions of eachother so you can catch your opponents off gaurd. See you all in a few hours happy hunting happy
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:50 pm

My Two-cents-

The Cat covenant ring CAN be unequipped both while in their world And immediately after the "Invading..." notification comes up! This frees a ring slot and is EXTREMELY helpful! Not sure if this is common knowledge but I never knew this and didn't see it mentioned on Page one so xD

My story against 2v1 Greatsword Gankers,
    one had Havels and Glgs, the other Zwei and BK armor, first after they nearly stunlock me I am down to about 1/6 health, they get cocky. The Phantom (Havels) rushes me, I run straight at him, lock on and BS his a** with a Lightning Estoc and hornets for an OHK, that only left the Host. My build is a great counter for casters and Greatsword users, 1/4th weight, decent armor, and fast. (Only 0-16 poise though..) So I simply bait him to swing at me, run behind him and empty his remaining health!

Moral of the story: When people are winning, they are more Rash, when they are Rash, they are stupid, when they are stupid, they are bad players.

Story part 2:
    I invade another set of Gankers, one has a Lightning Polearm (One found in Cat with the same damage as a Halberd, the name escapes me..)
    The other, stone armor, MoM, and a BKGA
    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 12 2707236321

As soon as I spawn I see them taunt and try to do a plunging attack from the stairs, I quickly roll forward and run for it. At first I was trying to buy time until another invader shows up, but instead, I lead them to the infamous Giant Mushrooms. Both of them are rather slow even with the DWGR, so I get there first and rather easily, I Back track and circle to see the Host get Falcon punched by one of the Mushrooms, doing 300 damage, the phantom is out of sight but he does not concern me as his weapon is slow and easily avoided. The host pulls away while the phantom appears and begins fighting the Mushrooms, I see the host pause to chug, seizing the moment I Backstab the griefer for the win! I taunt while the foolish phantom tries to attack me even after his dear master lies in agony!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:57 am

Very nice wins there Yar, divide and conquer is always the best way to deal with them. Keep up the good work.

Also yes that is common knowledge, don't feel silly though you were just trying to give out information just in case. I do that all the time only to find out everyone knew the information already.

I believe you are talking about, the great Scythe maybe? Lucerne?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:14 am

Lucerne! I've been seeing a few of those, slow as hell, very passive lol
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:42 pm

I was trying to host last night (honorable hosting doesn't work well there). I could only summon one white at a time. Is this normal? I'm at SL 200ish. I see many summon signs. I summon one, and all of them disappear and don't reappear until my white is gone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 pm