Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 29 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:40 am

That's right my dark blue compatriot, it looks like some dastardly gankers are in the area. They'll have to be brought to justice through us, as the police as helpful as they are have their hands tied elsewhere!

By the way, another quick little trick. If you are stunlocking a ganker with the Murakumo and can move at 25% burden speed, you can quickly roll pivot, or just run pivot and BS them. This is useful for when you are low on stamina against high vit builds.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:44 am

a bit of an aside, I don't have recording equipment, nor the money to pick any up. But I've been thinking (ever since ultra brought up my blazblue ref) about a series of forest vids with specific mad builds. I wonder if I could talk anyone with some way of recording ability and a decent editing program to help me? big grin if not it's fine, but it involves daisuke ishiwatari's musical talent and specific builds >_>
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:52 am

Alright! Done tormenting Ceaseless so back to hunting. Not well but doing it. Best victory tonight was getting a dragon phantom to follow me and get in a bow shoot off. I was hurting him bad while barely getting chipped. Another hunter had the host and Target Destroyed!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:31 am

I just encountered a 3v1 for the first time in my life. 1 red phantom, a hunter, and me, against a solo host. To be fair, the red phantom was having a honorable duel while the other hunter watched, but it was BIZARRE to have the advantage in numbers.

Anyway, the BSS wasn't cutting it in BS damage for me, so I finally made my chaos estoc. It's currently at +3 and works great, it'll really tear things up at +5. I highly recommend it to all ye hunters that fish for backstabs. I've been experimenting with various different bs types, and I find that the sprinting-lock on is still by far the easiest, but only works when the enemy is moving towards you or attacking. If they're sprinting that's even better. Otherwise, I just feign attacks and see if I can pull an attack out of my enemies. If they do, try to take advantage of it and backstab, you aren't going to kill a fly with the regular hits on a rapier.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:23 am

I had a change of tactics last night and It's working
    New setup my man serpent machette +15 and alot of Lloyd's talismans
    second weapon my +5 chaos schotel for the tankers and a toxic pyromancy spell

I had gankers running as I threw the Lloyd's at the host....... gave me enough time to kill to helper
    Host return as the effect wore off just threw another one and stunlock his @ss
    And strangely I've receiving hate mail
    Just love the Job as a hunter
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:54 am

If you hit a phantom with the talisman, will they not be affected by the host chugging estus? Could make for some fun if that's the case.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:30 am

Well my experience is that if you hit the host he panics
    So you can kill the phantom without the BS´n host
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:27 am

cloudyeki wrote:a bit of an aside, I don't have recording equipment, nor the money to pick any up. But I've been thinking (ever since ultra brought up my blazblue ref) about a series of forest vids with specific mad builds. I wonder if I could talk anyone with some way of recording ability and a decent editing program to help me? big grin if not it's fine, but it involves daisuke ishiwatari's musical talent and specific builds >_>

Hey cloud - I meant to respond to you last night. I can do any editing of vids that you have - I haven't learned how to add music as of yet but will in the near future. Right now my PVR is flaky but I know what the problem is - Hauppauge built a great PVR device but forgot to include a fan and vent ports so the unit (or the graphics chip) doesn't overheat :x . I am getting an newer PVR model and will be modding my existing one by installing a fan on top. I am really thinking about giving my old PVR to Tolvo so he can do some training vids twisted . Lets see if we can talk Tolvo into doing some vids for us cheers .

Just let me know some of your thoughts and exactly what you need done. Some on-hand FH training vids and such could serve us all well.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:31 am

Pretty much if my old computer ever gets repaired, I'll be able to make videos as I can actually get video from my SD card onto that computer, but I can't get them onto this one. As well this one doesn't have the memory to hold a video file before compression anyway.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 am

I like the term campers, after all they are hanging out in the forest.

And ugh I had a bad night in there. Couldn't do anything right. I keep trying to fall in love with the great scythe +15 and sunlight blade and it just kept getting me pivot BS'd, plus a big glowing murderscythe draws campers like bugs to a zapper. I would get 1v3'd to the exclusion of any other FHs or DWs around. Sometimes I think one of the worst things I ever did was get passable at PvP because now I see the BSs coming despite my best efforts to avoid them and so when they inevitably happen it just enrages me. Then in my next fight I'm still stewing about the last one and just get killed again.

It got so bad I went to Anor Londo to "cool off" with some friendly coop, and instead got spanked by a bunch of invaders there as well, nothing but a stream of hornets + bandits knife/rapier poise BS's in giants. Each fight was practically the same -- they'd sprint/roll for a pivot BS, I'd WotG them to back them off, we'd chase each other for a while, and then I'd get backstabbed while trying to fend off one of the knights or something. I finally had to switch back to my trusty chaos claymore +5 just to salvage a few wins and what was left of my dignity.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 am

I had a rough night too. I spent too much time recently on lore and I've started slipping. Funny moment of the night was an accidental suicide while I was trying to move around in the forest and post on the forum at the same time.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:33 am

I actually had a fair night, I literally fell over laughing at one point. I jumped the gap near Pharis is to where the Mushroom people are and waited. The host ran up to the edge, and did.

Well What is it

Fell right off the edge, I'm pretty sure he meant to shrug maybe? Either way I bust a gut, then didn't invade for the rest of the night. I wanted to end it one a good note haha.

Sadly befowler it is adapt or die as they say, we can't just imagine that BS doesn't exist, oh how interesting PvP would be without it in game.

Prostration
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 am

I Havent used the HR in months now. That could be because a RTSR parry with my BSS hits for like 1.6k anyway xD but I generally now run +5 Chaos BSS and a +5 Chaos Partisan/Estoc/Rapier. I have recently dropped the rapier out as i dont BS anyway so it is pointless as I cba to swap weapons when I riposte anyway with the phantoms all over me i dont get a chance to swap weapons and the Partisan with the RTS ring on hits like 800 dmg per hit 2hed so tbh that crap is crazy! xD I will let my signature carry me off the stage big grin
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 am

befowler wrote:I like the term campers, after all they are hanging out in the forest.

And ugh I had a bad night in there. Couldn't do anything right. I keep trying to fall in love with the great scythe +15 and sunlight blade and it just kept getting me pivot BS'd, plus a big glowing murderscythe draws campers like bugs to a zapper. I would get 1v3'd to the exclusion of any other FHs or DWs around. Sometimes I think one of the worst things I ever did was get passable at PvP because now I see the BSs coming despite my best efforts to avoid them and so when they inevitably happen it just enrages me. Then in my next fight I'm still stewing about the last one and just get killed again.

It got so bad I went to Anor Londo to "cool off" with some friendly coop, and instead got spanked by a bunch of invaders there as well, nothing but a stream of hornets + bandits knife/rapier poise BS's in giants. Each fight was practically the same -- they'd sprint/roll for a pivot BS, I'd WotG them to back them off, we'd chase each other for a while, and then I'd get backstabbed while trying to fend off one of the knights or something. I finally had to switch back to my trusty chaos claymore +5 just to salvage a few wins and what was left of my dignity.

Yeah - sometimes you cannot find your battle rythm - especially if your experimenting with a unfamiliar weapon. Taking a break does help with frustration (especially since you were going up against the usual suspects - giant armor& hornet ring wearing, BS fishing miscreants) - when I get frustrated I either go do some farming or analyze some of my previous invasion vids. Then I jump right back into the fray.

I acquired a new Arch-nemisis this morning - I give a camper two bangs against me then I put them on the kill at all cost list - no honor rules are in effect this dude. I can't wait to invade this farmer again - I need revenge like I need air.

Fight hard and die with honorFor the Glory of Alvina - Page 29 639795459 .
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:03 am

Btw Willy nice avatar, did you draw it yourself??
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:31 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Btw Willy nice avatar, did you draw it yourself??

No - I did not - unfortunately the artistic side of my brain is completely dormant:( . I have whole bunch of Kenpachi (he is my fav anime character other than Ikkaku Madarame - the bald headed dude in Bleach) artwork all over the place and decided to use this one as my avatar.

You also have a very interesting avatar - I did not initally realize there was skull in the center of the eye - very cool indeed.

Last edited by Brokewilly on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:33 am

It was the adapting that was getting me shanked lol. I guess I'm just a meat and potatoes claymore guy, although I do love my BSS collection too. Also playing around with the serpent greatsword, although it seems like a slower claymore (if possible).
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:05 pm

the man serpent causes an easy stunlock wich leaves you're opponent wide open for a second and a third hit
    Also the combo of R1 R2 R1 R2 is very very destructive

On the estus chugging part the host and the phantom both seem to be effected by the talismans
    so if you hit the phantom I don't think that the host can heal
    Needs to be confirmed
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Good stunlocking sounds like fun, I will have to experiment more. I've been having some luck farming red slabs, so I'm making more weapons +10 fire these days rather than lightning. Plus setting people on fire never gets old. The manserpent greatsword is something like 308 / 308 reg / fire at +10 which seems nuts, plus I can 2hd it with my 16 str (my default for claymore & black knight or eagle shield). It also weighs about the same as my combined loadouts with BSS / avelyn or claymore / buffable BSS. It's practically demanding that I just swap it right in, gawl durn it.
    Parrotperil
    Parrotperil

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 29 Empty Jumpers

Post by Parrotperil Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:27 pm

I've seen people toss themselves of ledges a few times, and it's always just as funny every time it happens. The lazy person in me laughs just as hard when I'm wandering around the forest looking for the host and out of nowhere I see an empty hp bar near the bottom of the screen.
    I guess they didn't need my help to fling themselves off.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Hey how's the demon great machete compare to the dragon great sword? I don't know which I wanna use on my new str build as I want that and to offhand some claws or 2h with grasschest
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi!

I'm quite new in this forum, and have played dark souls about two-three months. I instantly fell in love with the forest invading, (not sure why though cause I died like 10 times there before winning any fights,) and after two playthroughs I decided to make a build dedicated to forest invasions.

Therefore, I'm curious about what kind of builds have you enjoyed/been most succesful in the forest? I've won few 3v1:s with my faith/dex darkmoon blade and it's been very fun.

I wish I could record my fights and show them to you guys so you could give me tips about what went wrong or what I did specifically right etc.

(as you can see, I'm from Finland and my english is propably not that good, but I'm sure you can understand the message happy)
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Always welcome a new lad, dont worry bro... your english is better than many people who I've met.. okay btw you could always film with a laptop and I would be happy to watch over and talk about your playstyle etc. My current favourite build is all about the Balder Swag Sword, it is great for dead angles etc and then my partisan can handle many people if i get to low life for my RTS ring to proc. I am quite strong at parrying so that is why i enjoy the build so much, but i am planning on creating Laurentius build http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=181142974
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:05 pm

I once tried recording with laptop but the quality was horrible. Maybe I'll just get a cheap capture card.

I think red tearstone ring is just bad a$$, so hats off to you. Parrying is one thing I rarely try in pvp cause the consequences are often disastrous. But I guess it's a no pain no gain kind of thing (like the more advanced backstab techniques).

Happy hunting! By the way... How can I join a fight club? I read that you should fight someone better than you to become better yourself, so I thought about joining a fight club big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:07 pm

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3178-psn-fc-s-chivalry-code

To join in on fight club read the rules, and then go to Btown on the day of fightclub, you can also always post about meeting people there to duel. There's always someone around looking for fights. As well every night American time, people get together and duel down there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:53 am