Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 35 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:21 am

Very nice, just make sure they aren't too tight. We don't want to see any sack.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:22 am

Haha don't worry, he doesnt have a sack winking He has a nice Hat instead silly
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOLOvNRArYY&feature=youtu.be Yo, yo, yo Check it out!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:25 am

Ah good, the full uniform! We should probably take this chat to the MiT thread though, Alvina is more for general Forest Hunter stuff not User Covenant stuff.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:27 am

haha its still Forest pvp i suppose xD
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:28 am

But kk
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:29 am

The video's fine, I just mean all of our MiT's talk.

Man, that guy wasn't even trying to hide his BS fishing haha. Looks good, very nice Riposte on that guy, and walking combat.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:31 am

Haha thanks winking and will keep the chat minimal on this page silly otherwise it may get derailed
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:46 am

cloudyeki wrote:Here's the debut and final vid til I have a chance to set up again https://youtu.be/83o0ku7nWmU

Cloud - your ability to manage a gank is beautiful cheers . Your use of those Chaos Fireballs is legendary indeed. The Gargoyle Man has arrived!!! I am learning a lot from your play style - press the attack at all times. Y'all are giving old Broke goals to really strive for - this is what I needed.

Tolvo I gotta see you destroy some campers - you are really killing me man lol! !!!

Great vids everyone - keep them coming.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:48 am

kk Will do winking perhaps next vid will be more aggressive :O
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:04 am

Quarik wrote:I'm looking into recording my fights, and Broke and Cloud seem to have a fair bit of knowledge about this. Is there something I can get to record my xbox for less than $150? I play with a monitor, not a tv, if that matters.

So I invaded a guy yesterday, and immediately got the "dark spirit vanquished" message, so I figure it's a ganker. The guy is on his own in the clearing by Alvina, and we bow and begin to have an honorable fight, but a wraith with a great club invades and interrupts. I stand off to the side watching with my binocs, drop a humanity for the host when he's killed the invader, and we continue our fight. Immediately after I use my second cast of SLB, another FH invades, so I try to kill the host before the hunter can get there so I don't waste my last SLB. The FH got there though, so I backed off and let the host heal before they started that fight. Host wins, I drop another humanity. We continue our duel, this time me using charcoal resin, and another FH invades. I back off, let him heal, and he gets one shot backstabbed by the FH who's using a gargoyle halberd. Host messages me later saying "Darn frontal lagstabs." For the next 2 hours it was nothing but ganking asses with greatswords, WotG, TWoP, and CHSM.

Is it worth switching out hornets ring or DWGR for intense damage with my mura at the end of the fight? I'll roll at medium or do low damage with backstabs, but there's a very significant difference between 550 damage and 825.

Quarik - I have two PVRs but my original one is having issues. I just purchased the Hauppauge Gaming Edition (the one with the green light instead of blue) and it works flawlessly. Once I get the original HD PVR RMA'd back to Hauppauge and fixed I can sell it to you for $100. But I don't want to sell it to you until I know it is a fully functional unit. A working PVR is an excellent way to record bouts. I don't know how much of a hurry you are in to get one though. If you are in a hurry to record bouts you can pick-up a Hauppauge HD PVR Gaming Edition (do not get the regular PVR Hauppauge makes since some of the older units, like mine, are unreliable) for about $199 dollars (from Amazon.com or Newegg.com).

How do you interface your XBOX with our monitor? As long as your monitor has component or composite inputs (or maybe even S-video since some monitors have that) then you can use it with the Hauppauge PVR. The PVR units can interface with either Component (video & audio), Composite (video & audio), S-Video (video) and Optical (audio) inputs so you have a good selection of ways to interface between your XBOX, PVR and monitor. Just let me know your set-up and I can provide recommendations. Also if you are going to get one of these units you need computer/laptop to record since the unit does not have a hard drive. I purchased a refurbished laptop and use it strictly for recording from the PVR - the computer/laptop connects to the PVR via USB cable. Its a fairly simple to set everything up.

In regards to switching out your rings - well that is up to what you are trying to do. If you are going for BS or ripostes then you may want to put on the Hornets. But since I am not a BS or riposte master (I very seldom get those types of attacks in) I keep my DWGR on. To me mobility & speed is life - I would quickly get my butt killed if I only could do a medium roll.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:13 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXRgOppOUCY&feature=channel&list=UL <--- me when I was a pvp noob :L

TehInfamousAmos - excellent BSs and ripostes cheers !! If you're calling your game play noob then I could not tell from the video. Excellent management of the gank - this is an area I must work on. I can deal with one coming at me at a time but two gankers is very difficult for me.

And I love the hat - so mysterious looking. I always trip out when I fight camper wearing that hat - I'm saying to my self "I can't see your face or head - I want to see who I am fighting lol! !"

The resistance is getting stronger - Alvina is pleased!!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:42 am

Haha thank you Willy, that was my first ever build xD
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:10 pm

This has truly been a good morning. I got some very good fights in. I even had the opportunity fight the 2nd ranked person (1676 indicts) in the BoG on the XBOX.He may have the #1 headband because I am skeptical about the current #1 in the BoG - he is either a BB'er or mod since he had strange stats when I looked at the toon awhile back but his stats look normal now though :suspect: ) I almost got ganked because I CSS'd him in the face when he bowed (I was still trying to figure out what was going on :oops: ) - so the other hunter kinda runs up to me with a look like "WTF dude???" So I immediately did a proper bow and things were all good happy .He had a fight party going on in the forest - it was him hosting, a white phantom and hunter (I guess they all knew each other).I fought him first and almost got him with the Mura - so he backed off and let me fight the white. We danced a little and can you believe it I think the white was able to parry my Mura unlocked (well I think it was unlocked, need to review the footage - Tolvo we have to do some research on this - I have it taped so you can see for yourself).I think its possible to parry the Mura unlocked but just very hard. Just my luck the white was equipped with a DSS + Hornet Ring so when he riposte me it dang near resulted in my death. I get up to try to salvage things but to no avail - I died a miserable but happy death big grin .

I will make sure I post the vid. I love this job!!!

Last edited by Brokewilly on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:11 pm

haha nice sounded great! My girl Natalia is now in the MiT and she will be posting some videos, she is a lot more aggressive than me isnt she Tolvo :L
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:27 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:haha nice sounded great! My girl Natalia is now in the MiT and she will be posting some videos, she is a lot more aggressive than me isnt she Tolvo :L

TehInfamousAmos - hey bro what console are u on. If its the XBOX send me your gamertage and I will send you a friend request. I think you may be on the PSN though.

That is cool about your daughter (or girlfriend I couldn't tell from your post) - I like when girls play games like DkS. Usually females have better reaction time and dexterity than men. I have one host in the forest who I fight only honorable 1v1s with that is a female and she beats me every time with that dang DSS and Demon Spear. This young lady's reaction and attack timing is impeccable!!

Last edited by Brokewilly on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:29 pm

Muahaha she isnt my daughter xD she is my "Girl"friend :L and im a psn boy
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:30 pm

DSS?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:35 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:DSS?

Dragonslayer spear (DSS)

Ok cool - I thought you had posted you were on the PSN just wasn't sure - getting old I tell you lol! . Let us know when she (or you) post some vids. I want to see more of you and her (for the first time) in action. I'm acting like a sponge right now by watching everyone fight - it is really helping me out.

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:46 pm

haha okay, I will record some of my gameplay for you. Natalia here
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Just got a clip for you winking will upload it to youtube. Doesnt reflect my gamestyle perfectly but It will be quick
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Yes it is possible to parry the Mura unlocked, the person just has to be either incredibly lucky, or incredibly skilled.

Also did the layout for the site change again?
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Broke- I guess it's time to invest in a new monitor or a small tv. Mine only has the VGA port and the power. I've got it all kinda jury rigged up with a cable that splits into both audio and video from my xbox so I can hear the gankers in their heavy armor creeping up behind me. I do have an old laptop running Win 7 that I never use. Old wireless drivers don't work for 7.

So I learned yesterday that AoE spells are awesome, but at least for GLSD/GLGSD they can be dodge rolled easily. Looks like it might be time to grab TWoP and make sure they can't roll.

How do you deal with people that dodge your every attack due to lag? Yesterday I was fighting a guy with a greataxe in his right hand and the demon spear in his left, and he'd poke me and I'd hit him, but the lag meant that I actually didn't, so he kept poking me and I kept whiffing until I died. Also, do you mostly dodge or dodge and block or turtle or what?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Quar, a simple trick is to bring people to the bridge and as they chase you around the corner cast it. In fact with the GLSD spell you can possibly knock them off the sides sending them to their untimely deaths.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Cool. When does att cap on slots? I know it goes up to 10 slots at 50, but I fear that may not be enough to do what I have in mind. I was stupid and only got my flame up to +5 on NG, so I never met quelana. And of course I need an unupgraded one for power within... so much hassle! Is great combustion worth it? It doesn't seem to do much damage at all, but at the same time it always ignores lag for a bit of easy damage, usually to finish me off while I'm putting on my RTSR.

Tolvo, you really need to record some of your fights! I'm dying to see how you fight.

Also, what's the poise threshold for not getting staggered by the MLGS? I end up fighting people in gear JUST good enough to not get staggered by one 1h hit from my mura, and then they destroy all of my health in a second because they just keep swinging.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:19 am