Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
skarekrow13
Sentiel
befowler
Walter_White
TheMeInTeam
TehInfamousAmos
densetsushun
twigsterxd
Hugh_G_Johnson
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
14 posters

Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b

GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b - Page 5 Empty Re: Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b

Post by GrinTwist Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Is that a promise?

I've been slacking on reading non-mandatory literature so I would love it if these things get longer over time.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b - Page 5 Empty Re: Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Yeah. I wasn't sure how much commitment to put in at first. Kinda experimental at first I guess. Once I got into it more I added way more detail.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:16 pm

The end is nigh
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:13 am

Chapter 15 is up.

I may add an epilogue of sorts but as far as the actual story goes.

I would like to thank everyone for the encouragement which led me to believe this was a good idea, and the bravery to actually read through all of this.

Thank you.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Not that this needs a bump since it's already at the top of the page but here we go anyway.

When copied into a Microsoft Word document it's almost exactly 53 pages. It would be slightly less if I took out all the spoilers but still likely at the 50 page mark.

Now for the question of the hour...

I already stated I intend to alert From to this so they can see what insanity their fans do. Should I wait to see if there's some sort of "how big of a fan are you" thing for the Dark Souls 2 Beta? Or should I just send it ASAP? Also, I can send them an email through their US version of their site but does anyone think there might be a better way to pass this along?
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Hm, well if it were me I'd probably send it in now to From Soft. So if they do actually make a "how big of a fan are you" thing they might possibly use this as an example.

Also, are you sending this in as a 50 paged paper or just giving them the link? I really think the best way is to just send it to them through their English email.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:25 pm

If I send it via English email it would most likely have to be the link
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:14 pm

This is the best stuff iv read in a while, ur making me laugh like no ones business! really enjoying this.. may have to get my demons on again Hurrah
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Thanks! I definitely appreciate the feedback and I honestly don't know if I would have enjoyed the playthrough as much without this. Instead of going through the game I was trying to put myself back in beginner's shoes as much as possible.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:04 pm

I remember my beginner days. when I came up to the demon at the end of the tutorial. I was a wanderer.. literally I just stood there in fear and held up my wood shield. then nexus xD.. man im glad my friend let me borrow demons souls
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:40 am

I sent a link to this thread (because a link means they'd get to see pictures) to FromSoftware's english version site as well as Atlus'

If I get a response it will be posted here.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:24 pm

What is the "falling into the water from the Adjudicator archstone" glitch?  PM as appropriate.  silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:14 pm

It's nothing that can't be stated here since it's just a small issue with the game's map.  

To make The Shrine of Storms PBWT I always just jump off the ledge from one of the archstones.  Sadly, glitch one is that it often will send you to a different archstone.  For instance, jumping off the cliff right after the Adjudicator stone sends you to the 4-1 stone most times.  I think jumping off after the Old Hero stone does that sometimes too.  

Anyway, the glitch I was talking about is just a way to fall off the map and get a good look at the graphics that went into the water.  If you spawn at the Adjudicator stone and run into the open you'll notice a broken pillar to the left of center at the cliff's edge.  A picture would show it better but I'm at work so...there's that.  

If you roll off the ledge you will normally find a killzone set up below you which triggers the death animation long before you'd reach the water.  However, if you roll off to the right side of the pillar I mentioned and get the speed etc. just right, there's a small zone where the killzone parameters are missing.  Meaning that you will fall way further than intended.  You can actually "hit" the water which is in reality just flying through the 2d water skin and falling into a long period of grayness.  

It's useless but interesting.  And also, for a 2d effect with only one thin layer, they did a nice job on the water.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:05 pm

So nothing so far from From. I'm hoping they're just reading the whole thing before getting back to me winking
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:49 pm

I really enjoyed this. You have given me inspiration to try something similar with an old game I want to get back into (mainly to see if it was actually as hard as I remember it was.) I will maybe try it out when my gaming backlog is gone. 

Thank you for sharing!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:51 pm

You're welcome. It was exciting doing it this way. It made me see and approach the game differently for sure

And another thanks for the readers. I wouldn't have done anything like this without you
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:23 pm

This might be the last bump (from me anyway). While it won't be completely fresh, I am redoing this on Fextralife in a serialized form. Most of the content will remain the same. However, as this Sub-Forum is dedicated to Demon's Souls I wrote this version with the idea that I could lead everything vague. So to make it more accessible (easy mode) for any reader I've started clarifying ambiguous information via footnotes in the Fextralife version.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 am