Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
skarekrow13
billy_bayonet
LagStab
7 posters

Dark Souls Wikispaces, you are welcome

LagStab
    LagStab
    Regular
    Regular

Dark Souls Wikispaces, you are welcome Empty Dark Souls Wikispaces, you are welcome

Post by LagStab Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Dark Souls Wikispaces, you are welcome VoKRqdx

Bigger: https://imgur.com/voKRqdx

He private messaged me about it, so he might give you guys a shout out and a new member. happy 

Btw, that's not my real name, don't worry!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8voKrAmK6gI
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dark Souls Wikispaces, you are welcome Empty Re: Dark Souls Wikispaces, you are welcome

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:30 pm

have a rare upvote from myself
    LagStab
    LagStab
    Regular
    Regular

Dark Souls Wikispaces, you are welcome Empty Re: Dark Souls Wikispaces, you are welcome

Post by LagStab Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Haha, got you back for that! I hope we get Dark Souls PvP more popular, I get like no PvP now in the Forest at level 120 :/
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:03 pm

Sooooooo......not trying to be condescending or dismissive as I'm sincerely asking:

Why is this good? Again, not trying to put anyone down or be a wet blanket. I'm just curious
    LagStab
    LagStab
    Regular
    Regular

Post by LagStab Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:06 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Sooooooo......not trying to be condescending or dismissive as I'm sincerely asking:

Why is this good? Again, not trying to put anyone down or be a wet blanket. I'm just curious

Phaerus is an Dark Souls PvP commentator, and is quickly gaining more subscribers, so it:

1) Gets more members to the forum if he decides to come over here.
    2) Hopefully gets more people back in to PvP so there is more traffic.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Ok cool. Thanks. That does sound good.

Bigger bonfire!
    LagStab
    LagStab
    Regular
    Regular

Post by LagStab Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Ok cool. Thanks. That does sound good.

Bigger bonfire!

I hope so, PvP has been horrible lately. I rarely got invaded in the forest surprised
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 pm

I haven't been on in awhile honestly. But if the forest is slow, that's a bad sign. Even with my bad internet I used to have little trouble.
    LagStab
    LagStab
    Regular
    Regular

Post by LagStab Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I haven't been on in awhile honestly. But if the forest is slow, that's a bad sign. Even with my bad internet I used to have little trouble.

I'm level 120, and I was just in the undead burg/forest, and only got invaded twice (by the same person) in an hour :/

I have good internet too, so I really feel the PvP community is dying. I assume it is caused by game-breaking hackers/save editors/gankers, etc. New players who do not know how to deal with it.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Are you on PC though?

Saying you don't get invaded in the Forest so PvP must be dead has very different meanings when referring to PC or to PS3/Xbox.

FWIW I sat Human at SL250 in the Forest for 3hrs a few days ago and got 4 invades by 3 people. It was pretty dead, but that's on PC, so it's really not an accurate reflection of console PvP.

Granted I usually get 4 invades per hour, not per 3 hrs, but maybe it was just a slow night, or maybe Optus was being sh*t like it normally does, or maybe GFWL was tooling around like it does.

I dunno, I'd play it on PS3 but the lag is horrendous and the frame rate is no where near 30, so slow PC it is sad

/firstworldproblems.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:07 am

I've had no problems getting action on the ps3 at sls 10-50.

I helped a buddy kill sif tonight (bee-lined it there) we got invaded 3 times in 5 minutes.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:39 am

StiffNipples wrote:Are you on PC though?

FWIW I sat Human at SL250 in the Forest for 3hrs a few days ago and got 4 invades by 3 people. It was pretty dead, but that's on PC, so it's really not an accurate reflection of console PvP.

That's a good question. I think the main problem with PC is the netcode is just horrible, i'm using the same router on the box and i'm getting invasions left right and centre. I migrated to Box because outisde the forest\burg and ollie, pvp was dead on pc. To hear the forest is now dead does sound really bad.

And well done lag, Phareus is pretty cool.
    LagStab
    LagStab
    Regular
    Regular

Post by LagStab Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:01 am

Saying you don't get invaded in the Forest so PvP must be dead has very different meanings when referring to PC or to PS3/Xbox.

Granted I usually get 4 invades per hour, not per 3 hrs, but maybe it was just a slow night, or maybe Optus was being sh*t like it normally does, or maybe GFWL was tooling around like it does.

I dunno, I'd play it on PS3 but the lag is horrendous and the frame rate is no where near 30, so slow PC it is sad

/firstworldproblems.

Nope, i'm SL 120 on the Xbox. Forest was basically dead, which is a bad sign. Hope the community gets a revival.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:36 pm

AnCapaillMor wrote:

That's a good question. I think the main problem with PC is the netcode is just horrible, i'm using the same router on the box and i'm getting invasions left right and centre. I migrated to Box because outisde the forest\burg and ollie, pvp was dead on pc. To hear the forest is now dead does sound really bad.

And well done lag, Phareus is pretty cool.

It's not just the netcode, it's the low population. The netcode is bad not in a lag way (PS3 is far worse) but in an IP pool way. GFWL will only pair you with a few people (generally about 5) and then it's meant to (but I swear it doesn't) use their pools as well to connect you to more people, then keep connecting to peoples pools through other peoples pools.

However ime it will connect you to 5 people and that's it. You will PvP against these 5 people until they sign off, then you're sh*t out of luck and need to log out and back in to reset the pool. And if you get paired with a hacker well you're f**ked as you'll invade/be invaded by them all night until one of you logs off and back on.

I'd buy the game for xbox (my PS3 runs it at about 24fps and it's just nauseating and horrible to play) in the hopes that I'd get connected to more of Australia/America and less Japan (PS3), but I fear the xbox uses the same protocols for connectivity as GFWL, and that's unacceptable when I'd have to pay $80 a year just to [not] play online.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:32 am

StiffNipples wrote:
    I'd buy the game for xbox (my PS3 runs it at about 24fps and it's just nauseating and horrible to play) in the hopes that I'd get connected to more of Australia/America and less Japan (PS3), but I fear the xbox uses the same protocols for connectivity as GFWL, and that's unacceptable when I'd have to pay $80 a year just to [not] play online.

It doesn't, i swapped to the box a few months back because of the failed to invade, low pvp population on the PC. Box is farely hopping in comparision to the PC.

Also bumped into phareus in ollacille last night a few times, he was trying out all the high strength weapons. got pancaked a few times.
    HellsServant

Post by HellsServant Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:33 am

LagStab wrote:
    skarekrow13 wrote:I haven't been on in awhile honestly. But if the forest is slow, that's a bad sign. Even with my bad internet I used to have little trouble.

I'm level 120, and I was just in the undead burg/forest, and only got invaded twice (by the same person) in an hour :/

I have good internet too, so I really feel the PvP community is dying. I assume it is caused by game-breaking hackers/save editors/gankers, etc. New players who do not know how to deal with it.

Playing on PS3 I consistently get PvP action. I usually play lv 125. If I go to the burg I get the most action, forest is very iffy, township is semi active but majority of the people there are not trying to do 1v1's. Hosts are spawn ganking, and majoirty of invaders just run away from me and eventually come back up after just stand there alone by myself. The timing matters too, around 12 Am-2Am is when I start to get a lot of japanese players. So timing matters. This is all for Random PvP. I usually go onto the twitch streams and there is a lot of PvP going on all the time. Even when a streamer is not doing a PvP stream there are usually a lot of people to go and fight in certain areas. Parish, Butterfly Forest, and Painted world are usually where most people go to do these fights. Point I'm saying is that on PS3 the PvP community is far from dead, I get action every time I turn on the game and in a consistent manner. Burg I probably get 4-5 fights per 20 mins. Whenever I stream as well I get many people trying to fight me on stream and that also brings a lot of stream snipers. Just giving my experience and input, hopefully it helps somone lol.
    LagStab
    LagStab
    Regular
    Regular

Post by LagStab Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:33 am

I think PS3 is doing a lot better than Xbox. I feel the amount of invasions has plummeted recently. I hope there is a revival as I basically fight the same people...over and over.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am