Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
WaffleGuy
LunarFog
billy_bayonet
Forum Pirate
SirArchmage
Soris Ice Goldwing
Animaaal
Aigaios
Rynn
skarekrow13
TheMeInTeam
ResIsBestStat
Sentiel
Dibsville
18 posters

Why the Hornet Ring was a GOOD addition

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Why the Hornet Ring was a GOOD addition - Page 3 Empty Re: Why the Hornet Ring was a GOOD addition

Post by Animaaal Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:You can dodge anything.  Hell, I've been trapped in a corner by gankers and DWGR flipped my way out.

Just because you can run to the other side of the forest to avoid the ridiculous phantom damage of a buffed Washing Pole, doesn't mean that it isn't ridiculous.

I toy with Fat-rollers.  I don't understand why someone would even do it outside of having fun.  They're too slow to engage, so I usually go kill an enemy, act like I'm going to backstab, go kill another enemy, act like I'm going to backstab, kill another enemy and walk through the fog door.

If I feel like being a jerk because they hit me with Llyod's, I'll just chain stab them.
    Did you know you move faster if you constantly jump? I can keep up with a fast rolling whom is running with my fat rollers jumping relatively easily, and jumping makes dodging (and roll attacks) relatively easy for a fat roller too. It just takes a different way of looking at things.

I guess man. I don't like assuming, but I assume the fat-rollers I've faced the past few weeks are just horrible I guess.

I mean, the ones I've faced I've really felt sorry for. You've kinda made me excited to fight one who can actually pull it off.

I also haven't been pvping as much as I'd like either. I have 11,32,48, and 87. I've been to the hotspots, but not with much frequency.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Why the Hornet Ring was a GOOD addition - Page 3 Empty Re: Why the Hornet Ring was a GOOD addition

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:08 pm

I'll be uploading a video all about fat rolling some time this week ^^
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:12 pm

^ sweet. I love watching your vids when I catch em. Looking forward to it.thumbs up 
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Most players in typical PvP hotspots, especially if you play the invader or get invaded at a middle SL, don't know what they're doing.  This game takes both skill and a heavy degree of knowledge, along with a sense to deliberately alter one's own patterns, and encountering a player (especially below PvP SL's) that has all 3 is rare.

How many typical players do you think can look at armor and guess the poise break points consistently, then based on the enemy's weapon know how many hits they can take?  What % of players even consider that?  I know that % can't be TOO high, because I regularly kill people 1v1 who try to trade in situations where trying to trade is absolutely ludicrous.

It goes beyond that though.  Players have to know their own weapon moveset inside out...but also those of his opponent, such that he can predict attacks.  Players have to optimize their builds carefully or they'll start with a disadvantage.

All told, your typical NG invader is just not someone who is going to have the combination of pure volume of knowledge, experience, and reaction/skill accrued to be a legit threat to people who do have it, regardless of their roll.  Unless they're catching you using a +5 weapon in the depths while they have a chaos weapon +5, they're going to struggle.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:55 pm

^
    You just earned yourself one of my rare upvotes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:28 pm