Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+66
Demon Slayer
TomBombadil515*
The Letter X
Zeta Prime
VaDoom
reim0027
Uparkaam
GkMrBane
OminousSquaffle
Bassman Bob
tigab95
mddwg
Soul of Stray Demon
lonewolf
Mr. Tart
PlasticandRage
MikailArksot
SolaireOfAstora
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Encore
Marino.
WaffleGuy
Reaperfan
Hatsune Miku
bunnywink
Serious_Much
Hue
Animaaal
AnCapaillMor
KrazykevS10
nsane32
Lord of Ash
Elite Knight
Onion Knight
TheMeInTeam
Hart
TehInfamousAmos
drdrack
Jester's Tears
Leet
Forum Pirate
twilightwarwolf
Peaceful Wollyhop
Emergence
Rifter7
Soris Ice Goldwing
Bontee
Shakie666
Ostrava34
Doctor Snuggles
Spurgun
Aigaios
Sentiel
Tolvo
Wilkinson3424
Carphil
XachAttack
LunarFog
Latitoast
wretchedsausage
ResIsBestStat
Dibsville
Forcefed
skarekrow13
GrinTwist
SirArchmage
70 posters

Confessions

TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Confessions - Page 31 Empty Re: Confessions

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:14 pm

^ One can have a legit preference for anatomy, and while one is free to choose how to identify, others must also make some form of choice. In this case it's a question of whose perception you take, but when it comes to dating someone the perception of more than one person is relevant, even essential.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Serious was just expressing his opinion. He wasn't saying anything negative. That analogy was fair. He doesn't understand why someone would want to change the body they were born with. And, IIRC, Michael Jackson had a skin pigmentation disorder that caused his skin to go white.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Yeah I was probably wrong about MJ, his history isn't my strong point, but the analogy is similar- he did have cosmetic surgery, which is exactly what a gender reassignment is.

It's not that I see you in a negative light. To me you're just different. The same as people in each sex can also be different, it's a differing blurred line along the gender scale, but the quality is different. I'd just rather natural. Just like I dislike girls who slap on heavy make up, other cosmetic changes are equally as unsavoury to me sexually. Like I said. Different isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just transgender girls aren't for me.

On a medical level the anatomy is completely different. I've watched a male to female surgery, so believe me, I know what it entails. Interesting use of make gonads, but very different to the female form.
    tigab95
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by tigab95 Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Um, actually.

Being attracted to crossdressers is kinda natural for males.

It's not that you're attracted to their masculinity. You're attracted to femininity. That sounds like you're heterosexual.

And I'm wondering, when you are saying "men" are you referring to actual crossdressers, or to transgender people as well?

Because you shouldn't be referring to a trans women (male to female) as a man. It's very and disrespectful of their identity..

I am actually attracted to feminine men as well.. but for the most part, I like men..

I do know I'm pretty much Bisexual though.
    Dont worry , For me a trans women is a woman , not as a man . I have respect for their indentities . Everybody can be what ever they want to be , the more important is to be happy big grin
    tigab95
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by tigab95 Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Well I wouldn't date someone transgender personally.
    Personally , I wouldn't mind dating a transgender.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:57 pm

I never really cared if someone was transgender or not, I'm a pretty tolerant person.

Since this is a confession thread, I confess that I am a very lazy person.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:06 pm

Latitoast wrote:I never really cared if someone was transgender or not, I'm a pretty tolerant person.

Second this.

I'm lazy when it comes to doing things for myself.
    I'm the first to work my behind off when it comes to helping others silly
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:07 pm

WaffleGuy wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:I never really cared if someone was transgender or not, I'm a pretty tolerant person.

Second this.

I'm lazy when it comes to doing things for myself.
    I'm the first to work my behind off when it comes to helping others silly
    It's like we're twins

Doing stuff for myself is a task, but if someone asks me to do something I'll do it right away provided it's both legal and doesn't conflict with my morals.
    TomBombadil515*
    TomBombadil515*
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TomBombadil515* Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:18 pm

I'm the same way. I have no problem helping out others, but when it comes to helping myself, although I've been improving on accomplishing my own goals, I'm usually terrible when it comes to helping myself.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:26 pm

I may have an addiction to chocolate milk. I go through it like water and one large gallon will last about two days to me. I feel weird without it.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I may have an addiction to chocolate milk. I go through it like water and one large gallon will last about two days to me. I feel weird without it.
    <3 Chocolate milk

I've had 4 glasses during one meal before.

This one's a little bit personal, but I get lonely incredibly easy

That's kinda why I went on the internet to find people, I got lonely at home :3
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Do you just mix your chocolate milk or do you guys like buying Yoohoos and the like?

As for loneliness, I'd have more to write about that but I'm in class right now so I'll just leave you with this positive message: even thugs get lonely too.
    tigab95
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by tigab95 Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Latitoast wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I may have an addiction to chocolate milk. I go through it like water and one large gallon will last about two days to me. I feel weird without it.
    <3 Chocolate milk

I've had 4 glasses during one meal before.

This one's a little bit personal, but I get lonely incredibly easy

That's kinda why I went on the internet to find people, I got lonely at home :3
    Im like that too , You are not alone

Last edited by tigab95 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm absolutely awful about it, I lose sleep when I'm in a room by myself.

I used to have a cat that slept in my bed all the time, so I was never lonely then, but he's dead now :c
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Lati that is very natural man most people get that way at some point or another.
    tigab95
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by tigab95 Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Latitoast wrote:I'm absolutely awful about it, I lose sleep when I'm in a room by myself.

I used to have a cat that slept in my bed all the time, so I was never lonely then, but he's dead now :c
    I cant sleep well because of my lonelyness and because Im depressed sad Im sorry for your cat
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Well I've always been like that :3

My problem is I'm shy too(partly because of a fear of rejection) so when there aren't any people I know I'm either awkward of lonely :3
    tigab95
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by tigab95 Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Latitoast wrote:Well I've always been like that :3

My problem is I'm shy too(partly because of a fear of rejection) so when there aren't any people I know I'm either awkward of lonely :3
    Im awkward even with people I know :p Im very shy but Im getting less shy since last year and Im very proud of myself big grin
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:05 pm

I need to be getting more sleep. I normally go to sleep at like 2 or 3 in the morning, but I have to get up at 6:30.

I've already fallen asleep in my first period several times, (which I had never done before until then), and it keeps getting worse. Today, I got this horrible headache, and I think it was from lack of sleep. I'm having problems concentrating and staying calm, yet I can't bring myself to sleep earlier.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:07 pm

There's a lot of things about me you don't know anything about. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand. You don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie. A rebel.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:22 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:There's a lot of things about me you don't know anything about. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand. You don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie. A rebel.
    What could be worse then a cannibalistic vampire zombie werewolf version of Jack the Rapist? ......

Ohhhhhhhhh.......

I see now.
    J/K
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:01 am

That sleeping alone story reminds me of a time 11 years ago, when I was still a sophomore in college.  I had everything in high school; 4th in my class GPA, excellent SAT, 9 varsity letters across football/wrestling/track/weights (despite being sucking in most but football wrestling, where I was pretty good and a captain in both).  I dated the captain of the color guard, things were great, nearly perfect in fact!  Until college.

Now, most of the above was fleeting; high school only.  But one area I had always been great throughout life was school.  Not in engineering as a freshman though.  I had bad professors, but even worse life discipline because mandatory, in-class time fell from close to 7 hours per day to more like 3-4, and then only if you went.  This is a big adjustment from high school to college; if you have enough ability in high school you can dominate classes without doing HW at home.  In college, you need to learn to be even faster (man have I picked up some techniques now!) and also actually budget work time.  I didn't fail anything at least, but I was no longer an elite student.

Then my girlfriend broke up with me.  Then another one, basically because I decided to switch majors (both did it because they just wanted out - the old "it's me" excuse, which I knew better than to believe even at the time).

At the same time as that, one of my friends dating my sister had it go sour, to the point of creating a rift in the family that ultimately resulted in counseling...counseling I couldn't go to because I worked a summer job, they went during the day, and I was technically a 3rd party in that fight even though it killed much of my communication with anybody involved for a long time.  That summer, my cat I'd had since middle school died, and when it happened I was alone (rest of family on vacation) and had to take her in myself.  That image is burned in my memory.

When it rains it pours I guess.  I was devastated, seriously devastated psychologically; life had gone from feeling nearly perfect to terrible, and in very short order.  I at least managed to avoid any serious suicidal thoughts (I guess I'm wired against it, never considered it a serious possibility), but that left finding a method to cope with not only the ending of a relationship I wanted to be in badly, but also a temporary loss (and permanent alteration) of a family dynamic I'd known all my life.  

I made a pact, literally willed myself into some sort of altered mindset.  "I will do anything if I can just not care about this anymore".  I went to bed determined with that thought in mind, and the approach to make it a reality, forcefully jarring myself out of thinking about these things sometimes, sometimes focusing intensely on them but fighting against the physiological discomfort in doing so until I could manage it.  Want to be a different person?  Just act on that every day, no exceptions, and really mean it to yourself.  Absolute commitment to that goal, that focus, and the results can be incredible.

I'd wake up on 2 hours of sleep and go to class anyway.  I got straight A's that hell semester, but it changed me forever.  It was such a jarring sequence of emotions in my life and my desperation attempt to fight it resulted in a committment with myself that I ultimately could never take back..

The crazy thing is, that commitment held up...it was so powerful and I meant it that I actually changed my personality to a degree outright.  I look back on it today and try to objectively analyze whether it was a good decision or not...whether I should have found a more normal coping mechanism, confided in someone, anyone, specifically someone.  While it has allowed me to handle emotional distress/pressure situations as well as anybody could possibly ask, and I have learned to apply a less ridiculous version of this technique to great effect elsewhere in life, I wonder sometimes how I might have been, had things gone just a tiny bit differently.  And yet, because of that same commitment, I don't mind too much.  After all, that was part of the deal I made with myself.  Quite a lot of positives and negatives have come from it, including some of my most impressive individual successes in my adult life, but one area I really haven't explored to a sufficient degree is how much I care about rekindling a serious effort towards new relationships (beyond friends).

And yet I still don't regret it; both that difficulty and my fight against it shaped who I am, and I can still take pride in what I've managed since.  I'm not sure I'd do it differently, given the same circumstances again (well, at this point I'd react better as I'm much better practiced, but hopefully those that got through this get my point).  Still, one always has to wonder.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:53 am

i had problems sleeping before (i still have somethimes), but it was more of a not able to fall asleep.
    try melatonin in pillform, they work and have no side effects(i think) the reasson i use them is that my body does not produse enough of melatonin and i take a long time to sleep becouse of that.

the pills does not have any harmfull materials in it so give it a go.
    P.S. this really sounded like an add.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:46 am

I tried melatonin for a bit years back. It isn't harmful, but while it helped me get to bed slightly earlier I woke up feeling like I was dragging bricks around for a bit...way more tired than usual for a few hours despite more sleep. Maybe it affects others differently though.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Tryptophan made me feel like that. although depression takes the cake for making waking up suck. (Take a 'nap' at 4pm, wake up noon the next day.)

This thread is so weird. Highly controversial one page then talking about insomnia the next. Love it. Haha

I get the loneliness bit. I'm terrified of rejection even though I openly admit just getting it over with is the best solution. Less pain than purgatory.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 pm