Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
cloudyeki
Baal-Avatar
Deadpool
LOLRagezzz
exandroide
Pargar-theGreat
Chumgeyser
WarriorOfSunlight
Uparkaam
hkanonhk
reim0027
DanielCdable
moomootv
aceluby
Kaksoppa
Serious_Much
callipygias
Carphil
Liff Daddy
Brokewilly
befowler
Tolvo
barecanvas
Whknight
RANT
Toastfacekillah
Reaperfan
Boltz
ViralEnsign_
Maneater_Mildred
Forum Pirate
bloodpixel
36 posters

Do you sacrifice battle effiency to look cooler?

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Do you sacrifice battle effiency to look cooler? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you sacrifice battle effiency to look cooler?

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Kaksoppa wrote:Most of the time, yes. I love the Black Sorcerers Hat, too kawaii! And it doesn't weigh much either.
    sweet mother of all that is holy, please don't use japanese words, out of context, in english sentences. My japanese may suck but its intensely frustrating. Its like Chiz's signature.

Anata wa nihongo wo hanashimasen, nihongo wo hanashimasen desu.

Any how if i can prevent the character from looking stupid without losing effectiveness i will, but otherwise, effectiveness wins out. Fortunatly knights armor is both highly efficient and decent looking, so i use it 70% of the time.
    DanielCdable
    DanielCdable
    Casual
    Casual

Do you sacrifice battle effiency to look cooler? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you sacrifice battle effiency to look cooler?

Post by DanielCdable Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:16 pm

I try to balance it out as much as possible, but looks usually comes first.

I love the look of the Giant Helm and Eastern Armor combined.

Everything and anything your toon is doing, when wearing awsome looking armor and weapons, becomes automatically epic.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:26 pm

Recently? Yes, for FC only. For Burg, then, no. But for the FC tourney, I'll probably break out top armor.
    hkanonhk

Post by hkanonhk Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:13 am

most of the time giant set with my claymore, sometimes gold hemmed set with queelags fury sword
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:48 am

New recent favorite for me is the Cleric Armor, both for effectiveness and looks. Get at least a slim bodied character and it stops making you look fat, it's got great overall stats (with Wolf Ring I have around 92 poise), and is light enough that I don't shoe-horn myself into using a dual ring slot setup allowing me to swap out rings depending on what I need.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:37 am

Balder Set people, many don't realize the true power of a fully functioning Balder Set!

There are some armors that are actually really good when upgraded and still have practical uses, the Knight's, Hollow Warrior, Balder, Cleric, Iron, Favour, and many more!
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:10 am

Yes.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Whoever I'm cosplaying as is how I dress.
    Kaksoppa
    Kaksoppa
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kaksoppa Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Kaksoppa wrote:Most of the time, yes. I love the Black Sorcerers Hat, too kawaii! And it doesn't weigh much either.
    sweet mother of all that is holy, please don't use japanese words, out of context, in english sentences. My japanese may suck but its intensely frustrating. Its like Chiz's signature.

Anata wa nihongo wo hanashimasen, nihongo wo hanashimasen desu.

Any how if i can prevent the character from looking stupid without losing effectiveness i will, but otherwise, effectiveness wins out. Fortunatly knights armor is both highly efficient and decent looking, so i use it 70% of the time.

I rarely do it. Kawaii just captures the essence of it better than cute.
    Chumgeyser
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Chumgeyser Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:43 pm

I'm too new to know what will work for me in PvP, but I know I won't be wearing any of the masks. Just too silly looking.

Since this isn't a real battle for life and death, I think it's worth sacrificing a little function for form.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:33 am

yup
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:38 am

i try to find a balance, but i won't lie and say i don't love playing Dark Souls dress up. i love how certain pieces from different sets match so well; my strength guy wears thorn helm/chest and Havel's gauntlets/leggings and looks pretty badass. my dex/pyro guy was harder to find the right look for, but now i have him in Channeler's helm/waistcoat, thorn gauntlets and Darkwraith chest. it looks pretty awesome, but i wish the channeler's helm covered the neck better
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:03 am

I wear the standard cookie cutter stuff but to each their own.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Post by Deadpool Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:59 pm

I would go for looks than stats any day
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:55 pm

I'll be the first to admit that my characters look horrible with the armor set-up that I use. I actually like them looking like this though. Since I am swinging around a big piece of wood, I figured I might as well look the part. Plus it has good poise, defense and weight. All of my characters wear the same exact armor.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:19 am

Gargoyle helm, Silver Knight Armor, and Havel's arms and legs. WHY?! Look at my sig
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:21 am

If only you could look like a full on gargoyle, screw Sepiroth Cosplays. I want to be a hunched over ugly as hell stone monster man.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:26 am

actually, I'm wondering if you could use the Dragonbody stone without the head
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Post by Deadpool Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:26 am

Tolvo wrote:If only you could look like a full on gargoyle, screw Sepiroth Cosplays. I want to be a hunched over ugly as hell stone monster man.

U wanna play as my mom?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:27 am

Nope, stone gives you the head too sadly, otherwise it would be a close match.

exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:28 am

my new toon is rocking the witch cloak/skirt and Pharis hat: Marry Poppins with a MLGS!
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:57 pm

I always setup my gear to look knightly. So far I really only have a couple setups, medium and heavy armor. I have never even used any of the 3 masks or Havel's chest/legs. I used giant armor for a short while on my first play through.

Medium:
    Knight's Helm (human) or Elite Knight's Helm (hollowed)
    Knight's Chest
    Steel Gauntlets or Knight's Gauntlets
    Silver Knight Legs or Elite Knight Legs

Heavy:
    Havel's Helm
    Iron Chest
    Iron Legs or Black Knight Legs
    Iron Gauntlets or Havel's Gauntlets, or Black Knight Gauntlets.

I also wear Lautrec's full set sometimes.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:11 pm

I fight in the nude.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Style > substance

If you look cool playing, you'll enjoy it more big grin
    Dalampslayer
    Dalampslayer

Post by Dalampslayer Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Black Iron helm, Eastern Armor, Black Knight gloves, and Channelers legs. Nito approved!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:13 pm