Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
White Mamba
callipygias
reim0027
Serious_Much
Carphil
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ARSP
RANT
Umhglo
13 posters

Most difficult place to run through

Umhglo

Most difficult place to run through Empty Most difficult place to run through

Post by Umhglo Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Hey guys!
    Me and some of my friends sometimes dare each other to skip fights and just run through areas.
    We ended up doing so some hours, until we made it from start till end of Sen's Fortress, so I thought, which areas do you think to be very hard, but still possible to race through like this?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Most difficult place to run through Empty Re: Most difficult place to run through

Post by RANT Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:14 pm

i'd have to say the catacombs, i always do that first and its a pain in the *** with a sl 4, mostly because of the switches.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Most difficult place to run through Empty Re: Most difficult place to run through

Post by ARSP Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Most difficult place to run through 3358384175 If your goal is to skip as much of the game as possible when it is time to go through blighttown go back to firelink shrine if you have the master key then you can go down the stairs and get on the elevator to new londo hug the wall on the right and you will see stairs go up them and you will see a gate assuming you have the master key like I said before then you can go across the wooden bridge and you will run into a few enemies but you should be near the water wheel in blight town If you listen then I may just have saved you 2-3 hours of fustration (side note Astora's Straight sword is near by when you cross the bridge look to the left and you will see a "dead" drake make a suicide run as get as many things as possible I hope I helped you win:cheers:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:31 pm

try racing through tomb of the giants with no light items or spells. that is all.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:44 pm

In low levels - definitaly blighttown. I just hate that place

At later levels, camera and invisible things can kill you in crystal cave for absolutely no reason...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:52 pm

catacombs with no divine weapon

tomb of giants

new londo when you find out you got no curses sad
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Blighttown. Always have a master key to avoid the upper level. Catacombs. I do an uber speed run. Basically one big fall, then summon Leeroy and run to Pinwheel. ToG. Speedrun to the first bonfire, then fight everything. Archives. Speed run the whole way.

I got sick of doing these levels, especially to make my PvP builds.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:23 pm

I suppose ToG would be the hardest with no light, but if you do have light then I'd say New Londo is the toughest, assuming you have to get the key. Getting in that building and up that ladder is pretty nasty.
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Getting back out of tomb of giants with no sunlight maggot/lordvessel. My controller was lucky to survive
    Umhglo

Post by Umhglo Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:29 am

Thank you guys!
    I think i will try running through New Londo & Catacombs with a low lvl character happy
    I'm always skipping Blighttown by farming moss in the Darkroot gardens, and then either run through dragon valley from the elevator in Darkroot Basin, or by using Master Key, but Blighttown is just a "must-skip" area for me, since i don't see no reason in fighting all the mobs just to get poisoned before the bonfire anyway. Only once did i try the other way, but that was with my main, so i've never done so ever since.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:try racing through tomb of the giants with no light items or spells. that is all.

You're not kidding. Not a mistake I plan on making twice.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:05 pm

to add to that ask your resident gravelord to spice up the area for you, you'll get bp skelle dogs and bp sword skellies(big ones) and they have large aggro ranges.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:14 pm

White Mamba wrote:Getting back out of tomb of giants with no sunlight maggot/lordvessel. My controller was lucky to survive

This. Speed running down into ToG is actually not that hard if you know where you are going - most enemies can be run/rolled past on the way down, and then reset with bonfires if needed. But getting back out of ToG w/o warping is insane.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:39 pm

The great hollow.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:47 pm

The great hollow. If only I can light it ablaze... F-ing thief and a height killer. Screw the hollow, and screw the bed of chaos, those trees are annoying as hell.

It isn't even hard, it is just annoying how many times I fall, how many times I get cheap shot... Err. Burn em both.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:The great hollow.

yep, camera angles and glitches always make me fall at least twice.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:03 pm

I hate the hollow. But, that's because I also really hate platforming.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:09 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:to add to that ask your resident gravelord to spice up the area for you, you'll get bp skelle dogs and bp sword skellies(big ones) and they have large aggro ranges.

Yeah those red phantom skele-dog things are brutal. I was trying to help a guy at SL100ish fight Nito and he got GL cursed. One of those things came running out of the dark and plowed right through his other summon and I. OHK us both
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:19 am

I remember someone being trapped down in the ToG. He had to go through several BP skellie dogs. They wouldn't go away, even after a couple weeks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:27 am